Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona Law Makers Approve Anti-Gay Bill

$$$

I dunno, I just think both options suck. Yeah, being able to refuse service to gay people could lead down a slippery slope, but so could heavy government regulations on private businesses. Both have crazy extremes that probably won't happen, but might. Jim Crow vs. Fascism.

I just think if a business refuses to serve gay people, in the United States in the 21st century, that business probably won't do too well. I think it's better for it to fail naturally than for the government to step in.

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkald View Post
    I just think if a business refuses to serve gay people, in the United States in the 21st century, that business probably won't do too well. I think it's better for it to fail naturally than for the government to step in.
    Thing is, Chick Fil A is doing alright for now (pretty sure they even had an increase in sales) but down the road is a different story. Supporting that cause is a lot harder than boycotting it, which may lead to a decrease down the road.

But to think that a major corporation is going to risk profits by letting one of its' CEOs start running off at the mouth about their personal problems against a group of folks, let alone the entire company declare it's problem with a specific group of people, especially when there are benefits to working with MWOBs, is outright stupid and highly unlikely.

It's not the people who always say what's on their mind you have to worry about, it's the ones that don't.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 16

You Americans and your constitution, its just a piece of goddamn paper!

Anyway, may any business that enforces this burn down. This is really a disgusting reactionary bill. GAWD BLESS MURICA
    Last edited by Tyrias; 02-26-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Then again, the Bible doesn't say anything about people taking divine judgement into ther on hands.
    Deuteronomy 17
    If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the Lord gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God in violation of his covenant,

and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars in the sky,

and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel

take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death.

On the testimony of two or three witnesses a person is to be put to death, but no one is to be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.

The hands of the witnesses must be the first in putting that person to death, and then the hands of all the people. You must purge the evil from among you.

That was off of the top of my head about taking judgment into their own hands, I'm sure if I spent a second or two on google I could find you other examples (I recall one of god saying to kill someone for picking up sticks on the sabbath).
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204

Luckily this isn't Israel. whew...
    There may be a reason that the United States isn't governed by religion.

Nice quote though, it makes me a little sick.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkald View Post
    I dunno, I just think both options suck. Yeah, being able to refuse service to gay people could lead down a slippery slope, but so could heavy government regulations on private businesses. Both have crazy extremes that probably won't happen, but might. Jim Crow vs. Fascism.

Lol what inane bull.

Jim Crow vs. Fascism.

I am flabbergasted.
    (Also, sure, that shop would be gone in a week, just like that Tea Party which turned out to be a complete fad, that never gained any political traction.)
    Last edited by Ronin; 02-26-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Stay frosty.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 242

The bill was veto'd by the governor of the state and she said that the bill had "the potential to create more problems than it purports to solve.It could divide Arizona in ways we cannot even imagine and no one would ever want."

# ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151

Ugh.

I'll go start my own planet. With blackjack. And equal rights. And marijuana. And hookers.

In fact forget the blackjack.