Best place to get a gaming desktop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 23

Default Best place to get a gaming desktop?

Ive had my desktop for 4 years so ill be buying a new one in a few months. I am no tech wiz so i really dont know much about the new parts that have came out as of late.

Is it cheaper to create my own desktop or buy a premade gaming desktop online? What's the average budget on a desktop to be able to a lot of games?

Ill be playing MMORPGS and fps games

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 14

all i can say is that they are expencive as hell.. even at ikea and those arent that good. i would make my own

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605

Quote Originally Posted by kenshii View Post
    all i can say is that they are expencive as hell.. even at ikea and those arent that good. i would make my own
    Eeeerrr.... You do know that desktop is common slang for just the case with the parts in it, right?

Either way, about 1200USD for a normal maxed out rig. I'm not really in a clear mind state so there's not much help I can give (unless really needed). Yay for having a serious hypoclymia during the night right after fitness....

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Eeeerrr.... You do know that desktop is common slang for just the case with the parts in it, right?

Either way, about 1200USD for a normal maxed out rig. I'm not really in a clear mind state so there's not much help I can give (unless really needed). Yay for having a serious hypoclymia during the night right after fitness....
    Come back when you're feeling better! I was looking at premade desktops like the ones on ibuypower for around 600-800. If i were to make it instead with that budget, would it be more efficient?

edit: I dont necessarily have to get a MAX rig. CS:GO is really the main game ill be playing
    Last edited by Cata|yst; 02-24-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 166

Quote Originally Posted by Cata|yst View Post
    Come back when you're feeling better! I was looking at premade desktops like the ones on ibuypower for around 600-800. If i were to make it instead with that budget, would it be more efficient?

edit: I dont necessarily have to get a MAX rig. CS:GO is really the main game ill be playing
    I would suggest building your own PC for that budget because, even though iBuyPower is a good site, you'll find that performance is significantly better for the price if you build your own rig. Building a desktop is also a relatively easy process. So if you're fearful of messing up just watch a couple YT videos and take your time.

Infact, just an example, IBP has a PC in their "ready to ship/24 hours" sale catagory that features a R7 250 & FX 6300 for something like $729. I'd be willing to wager that both of us (Bunz & Myself) can parts list you a better PC for $730.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 14

haha that was funny i though you meant an actual desk.. well it was late..

building your own is usually better and cheaper, and it's not very hard the part can only go in one place. but in this case if you are mainly going to play CS:go i would definitely buy a second hand rig or a laptop.. you can run it on basically anything. but the market is a bit different in the US i guess so it's hard to say

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Lower budget iBuyPower machines? They generally have integrated, 500mb, or low quality 1gb GPUs.
    You can get one for around $530.

I suggest personally suggest building. You can get a pretty good custom system for under $600.
    If you are not comfortable with that and/or would need to pay to have it assembled, just get a iBuyPower machiine and upgrade the GPU.
    You're looking at an extra $120 for that but it will be about the same.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

One rule of thumb is to always get your motherboard/cpu from micro center. We also price match online as well.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 166

Go to Micro-Center only if you have one close by. It's not worth saving $2 if the closest one is 100 miles away.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Go to Micro-Center only if you have one close by. It's not worth saving $2 if the closest one is 100 miles away.
    The average savings is actually 100+ on Intel side when combined with a mobo. At my store we have to restock cpus everyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast