What are the best open pvp MMOs right now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10
    Nektaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    1

    Default What are the best open pvp MMOs right now?

    Hi everyone,

    I don't know what to play. I really love PvP but can't find a good MMO heavily based on PvP.
    Could you tell me a good one? I don't care if it's P2P or P2W.


  2. #2
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,428
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    hi nektaris..

    there are actually quite a few mmos with strong pvp components. my main knowledge is with non-pay to win free-to-play RvR open PvP mmos with faction based systems like DAOC. so i will begin with these first :-

    1) DAOC Uthgard or Genesis - this is a freeshard for DAOC.
    2) Champions of Regnum: f2p mmo very popular (No.1 indie mmo in Argentia and probably spanish speaking world, quite a big following in the english world too).
    3) Aion: has faction based pvp, not bad. But you have endless grind for equipment in pvp.
    4) Aika Online: also based on DAOC, with somewhat more modern gfx than Regnum.
    5) Shadowbane: old mmo now in private community reboot (it closes down to outside players regularly). excellent pvp mmo.
    All of the above are point and click styled combat mmos. I do not believe there are any action mmos in the f2p RvR open pvp space.

    Ok now I will briefly list some of the pvp mmos which are not faction based. Most mmos have some sort of flag-based open pvp. By this i mean u can turn on a flag to participate in pvp and have some sort of "mark" against ur character for killing unflagged players.
    1) Lineage 2 - possible the best pvp mmo in this entire genre
    2) About 50% of all other mmos have some sort of flag pvp.

    Now I'm going to list some RvR/pvp mmos which are pay to win. Asian mmos tend to be pay to win: Zero Online, RF Online, Allods f2p version, Battle of the Immortals etc etc (edit: include Eve online as pay to win) (edit: Allods and Eve are not asian, but ah well they r pay to win, you get the idea...)

    I suggest, unless you have a lot of money to spend and like paying to win, you look for a non-pay to win mmo.
    Last edited by queenvoo; 02-24-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  3. #3
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,600
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Dekaron, which is really, really old, used to be pretty open PvP heavy, not sure about its current state.

  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    5,708
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nektaris View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I don't know what to play. I really love PvP but can't find a good MMO heavily based on PvP.
    Could you tell me a good one? I don't care if it's P2P or P2W.

    Mortal Online, EVE Online, and TheRepopulation all have openworld PvP. I kinda like EVE.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

  5. #5
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    These are all pretty good MMO's but have you guys tried APB Reloaded yet? Its MMO with a GTA flavour to it which I personally enjoy alot.

    Basically the setting is in a city called San Paro where two groups take to the streets the Criminals whose name speaks for themselves but also fight in the name of freedom. And their nemesis the Enforcers, basically legalized vigilantes who want to restore order. Its a free to download and to play game, ofcourse with limited upgrades, level-ups etc. You will have to buy the DLC full with upgrades, which I also think is well worth it once you get a hang of the game. Here a link to one of the DLC's.

    http://www.iceberg-games.com/index.p...product_id=354

    Cheers and hope to see you on the streets

  6. #6
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245
    Cy-Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gobotron
    Posts
    5,404
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    Asian mmos tend to be pay to win: Allods f2p version, (edit: include Eve online as pay to win)
    You do know these two are not Asian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

  7. #7
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 14

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    the most fun i've had in pvp is by far Lineage 2

  8. #8
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    APB? Customization is fun but actual game play... not so much.
    It has maybe the worst combat of all the shooters on the market.
    Matchmaking is horrible.
    Hackers are rampant.
    The developers do not add new content. The only things added are cash shop(p2w) items and items to encourage you to continue grinding the same old content.

    Try it if you want but spending money isn't advised.

  9. #9
    42 Reputation: 35
    couponfork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    hi nektaris..

    there are actually quite a few mmos with strong pvp components. my main knowledge is with non-pay to win free-to-play RvR open PvP mmos with faction based systems like DAOC. so i will begin with these first :-

    1) DAOC Uthgard or Genesis - this is a freeshard for DAOC.
    2) Champions of Regnum: f2p mmo very popular (No.1 indie mmo in Argentia and probably spanish speaking world, quite a big following in the english world too).
    3) Aion: has faction based pvp, not bad. But you have endless grind for equipment in pvp.
    4) Aika Online: also based on DAOC, with somewhat more modern gfx than Regnum.
    5) Shadowbane: old mmo now in private community reboot (it closes down to outside players regularly). excellent pvp mmo.
    All of the above are point and click styled combat mmos. I do not believe there are any action mmos in the f2p RvR open pvp space.

    Ok now I will briefly list some of the pvp mmos which are not faction based. Most mmos have some sort of flag-based open pvp. By this i mean u can turn on a flag to participate in pvp and have some sort of "mark" against ur character for killing unflagged players.
    1) Lineage 2 - possible the best pvp mmo in this entire genre
    2) About 50% of all other mmos have some sort of flag pvp.

    Now I'm going to list some RvR/pvp mmos which are pay to win. Asian mmos tend to be pay to win: Zero Online, RF Online, Allods f2p version, Battle of the Immortals etc etc (edit: include Eve online as pay to win) (edit: Allods and Eve are not asian, but ah well they r pay to win, you get the idea...)

    I suggest, unless you have a lot of money to spend and like paying to win, you look for a non-pay to win mmo.
    Coming back to Regnum just for the Lamai race. queenvoo which server you play?
    Currently Playing: Mabinogi
    Let me know if you wanna play too!

  10. #10
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,428
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couponfork View Post
    Coming back to Regnum just for the Lamai race. queenvoo which server you play?
    hi couponfork -- i play on Haven server.
    unless you are in a spanish speaking country, i think you can register here
    http://championsofregnum.gamesamba.com/landing.html
    yup lamai race can be fun :} the "realm tasks" should now give everyone a 100% xp boost also.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •