Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: WOW probably the most dead game Ive ever seen

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    4

    Default WOW probably the most dead game Ive ever seen

    WOW so I re downloaded rusty hearts and OMG i cant believe how dead it was, I saw one person in town even the auction/market was dead (only one or two weapons for sale HAHAHAHAH). Truthfully I thought that game would have grown, its pretty fun and they added new characters (Oh well).

    Is there any 2d or 3d brawler style game that isnt a grindfest or repetition quest?????

  2. #2
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Welcome to over a year ago. Rusty Hearts hasn't gotten a legitimate update in a long freaking time. Even the chinese version hasn't gotten any real update since it came out with the addition of the male gunner. There's plenty of other games that are much much more active than RH ever was.

  3. #3
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14
    Mario87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icyice40 View Post
    WOW so I re downloaded rusty hearts and OMG i cant believe how dead it was, I saw one person in town even the auction/market was dead (only one or two weapons for sale HAHAHAHAH). Truthfully I thought that game would have grown, its pretty fun and they added new characters (Oh well).

    Is there any 2d or 3d brawler style game that isnt a grindfest or repetition quest?????
    Lol. Idk why PWI wont just wont put it out of its misery already. the forums are more alive then the game actually.
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

    IGN: Neclord

  4. #4
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,478
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Yeah doesn't surprise me tbh.. I did play the game when they released the update a year or so ago and it had plenty of people but I'm sure it would have died off pretty quick seeing the game is still pretty bland and run by PWE.

  5. #5
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 52
    Beatrix23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,413
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I really thought he meant World of Warcraft. Which is also dieing.

  6. #6
    SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 43
    tihi85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    1,065
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    I really thought he meant World of Warcraft. Which is also dieing.
    Since Blizzcon their subs went up so what the hell are u talking about lol

    RIP Xfire


  7. #7
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 86
    Ryukiri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    funny how you dont think the company can fake suscriptions / votes. wow never looked as popular as what people said.

    sounds to me more like "they suscribed to the game accidently because they thought their first mmo was the best thing there ever was but then got tired of it eventually like the rest" or more like "blizzard suscribed their own accounts and made rumors"

    they had the most suscribers? hmmm considering people in usa hardly ever open their wallet, doubt it.. easier to believe aeriagames actually having 40 million players in every game (oh god!)

  8. #8
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 64

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,845
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    funny how you dont think the company can fake suscriptions / votes. wow never looked as popular as what people said.

    sounds to me more like "they suscribed to the game accidently because they thought their first mmo was the best thing there ever was but then got tired of it eventually like the rest" or more like "blizzard suscribed their own accounts and made rumors"

    they had the most suscribers? hmmm considering people in usa hardly ever open their wallet, doubt it.. easier to believe aeriagames actually having 40 million players in every game (oh god!)
    I just.... wow.
    You know that they have investors reports every year, right? And you know its illegal to falsify/mislead investors?
    and the aeria games thing, that's more registered accounts. Runescape had 200m accounts created sometime in 2010/2011 you really think it has 200m players? but they can claim that because they have evidence.

    last thing, last year blizzard had a net income of $1.149B and you don't get that faking a few accounts... lol

  9. #9
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10
    Laverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I just.... wow.
    You know that they have investors reports every year, right? And you know its illegal to falsify/mislead investors?
    and the aeria games thing, that's more registered accounts. Runescape had 200m accounts created sometime in 2010/2011 you really think it has 200m players? but they can claim that because they have evidence.

    last thing, last year blizzard had a net income of $1.149B and you don't get that faking a few accounts... lol
    Put it this way. If WoW were to go Free2Play. The F2P game market would be killed.
    DON'T CLICK THE LINK!
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

    I bet you tried to click it :P

  10. #10
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 21

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Welcome to Perfect World Entertainment! They have always been notorious for leeching the money out of their players and then slowly letting the game "disappear". It's a shame because the games themselves would have showed great promise had their developers been more inclined towards creating content which invests players in the game causing them to support the company rather than releasing updates for their games which tend to be nothing more than new items in the Item Mall.

    As for you people above me arguing about WoW... Based on their net income which is a lot harder to alter because if they get audited they are in a shitload of trouble, 1.149B/$13 a month subscription = 88,484,615 players per month. This is not inclusive of the other titles that the company owns such as Diablo and Starcraft. This is impressive when compared to League of Legends which most would agree is the most popular F2P game which pulls 12 million players per month. But is WoW dying? Yes. Why? It's part of the life cycle of games
    Establishment: The game is first released and depending on how well the game is marketed decides how steep the growth climb is.
    Growth: The players pour in and this tends to be the stage where things go wrong for games with poor servers that can't keep up.
    Maturity: The inflow of players slows down and this is where the game generally hits its peak in terms of playerbase.
    Post Maturity: This phase comes in one of two forms - Renewal: The game will experience growth once again if new content is released that inspires more interest in the game from consumers or Decline: The game will fail to inspire growth and will slowly lose players faster than it gains them.

    Anyone who tells you that World of Warcraft isn't dying is a fool because lets face it... WoW's latest expansion? That didn't attract new players, it just brought old players back temporarily. But Mr Shinzo, if WoW went F2P then the playerbase would rise again! Yes but that would only postpone the inevitable... However, it would be nice as it might provide F2P publishers with a reason to start innovating the F2P market rather than creating these cookie cutter MMORPG's which have been infecting it for quite some time now, (MOBA's, Anime Style MMORPGS and F2P Shooters being the main offenders).

    @Laverick - That is an outright lie because there is a vast majority of players that don't enjoy WoW for whichever reason, the top reasons i have seen is "The graphics are too cartoon-ish", "The gameplay isn't for me" or "If you say anything negative about their games in the chat then the Blizzard fans will ravage you like a swarm of killer bees"... (The last one is my personal reason). The proper way to express what would happen is to say that the majority of players will abandon their games because "All aboard the Hype Train, Choo Choo!" and those who enjoy the game will stay, those who don't enjoy the game but have sheep tendencies will stay and those who don't enjoy the game and understand the concept of individuality will go back to their respective games with bruises in the back of their heads from where they got pelted by rocks thrown from Blizzard fans as they left. WoW would dominate the "MMORPG" market, not kill it.

    So TL: DR, play your game, enjoy your game and let others enjoy whatever game they play as well because at the end of the day, all games eventually die... Just some will die sooner than others.

    ~Shinzo

  11. #11
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 212
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,128
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Yeah WoW is dying. So am I. In 60+ years I'll be dead. By the time Blizzard shuts down WoW, everyone's laptop will be powerful enough to host a private server. (exaggeration)

  12. #12
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10
    Laverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In a hole.
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Yeah WoW is dying. So am I. In 60+ years I'll be dead. By the time Blizzard shuts down WoW, everyone's laptop will be powerful enough to host a private server. (exaggeration)
    The game that replaces WoW shall have everyone in the world subbed to it. It's a shame it came so early on in Life. It really ruined the MMO industry with all these copies and remakes nobody ever wanting to try anything too different from it that didn't want to put stupid spins on things that players honestly don't care about.

    11 Million subbed= 100 million F2P it is actually a fact that 1 out of every 10 people will play a p2p game. I've tried em all and nothing beats WoW they offer too much. It's just simply to fun to stop, sure you might get bored for a month or two but right after you'll be right back on for 9 months and just when you're about to get bored again BOOM expansion time! WHOLE NEW GAME and you continue for another year.

    Blizzard got this stuff on Lock. If only other companies could care as much as the guys over at blizzard and put some type of content in the damn game.
    DON'T CLICK THE LINK!
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

    I bet you tried to click it :P

  13. #13
    Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 15
    Skyrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    698
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This thread isn't even about WoW... it's about Rusty Hearts lomo

  14. #14
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22
    BooNeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    Posts
    1,832
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrax View Post
    This thread isn't even about WoW... it's about Rusty Hearts lomo
    My thoughts exactly. Though what can you do with know-it-all people right?

    Anyway, I'm surprised that RH is still up and running, cause I remember logging in a month ago or 2, and the AH is just empty just like the OP said (maybe less than 10 items, but more than 2 LOL.)

    Big question is, why is this still up while DFO closed

  15. #15
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235
    Jermatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,229
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BooNeZ View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Though what can you do with know-it-all people right?

    Anyway, I'm surprised that RH is still up and running, cause I remember logging in a month ago or 2, and the AH is just empty just like the OP said (maybe less than 10 items, but more than 2 LOL.)

    Big question is, why is this still up while DFO closed
    Because as shitty as Perfect World Entertainment can be, Nexon America is in its own league of a steaming pile of horse shit when it comes to running games terribly.

  16. #16
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 29
    Technikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,478
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Probably should change the title name to go back on topic lol.

    PWE games dying isn't anything new... Ether saga is another one that has lost a huge chunk of it's player base thanks to sucking all the money they can from players and other private servers taking their players.

    Rusty hearts is just one of those games that has a loyal player base which quits for a while then returns with big updates etc.

  17. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,643
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Yeah WoW is dying. So am I. In 60+ years I'll be dead. By the time Blizzard shuts down WoW, everyone's laptop will be powerful enough to host a private server. (exaggeration)
    everyones laptop is powerful enough to run a private server....

  18. #18
    やめてください! Reputation: 296
    Orpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    9,702
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Rusty Hearts just didn't have enough depth as other games of the same genre, like DFO. In RH you would spend days after days grinding on the same stage trying to level because there simply weren't enough dungeons. I did play it for quire some time, reached max level (at the time) and waited for updates but the development was simply so slow that I stopped caring.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •