WOW probably the most dead game Ive ever seen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default WOW probably the most dead game Ive ever seen

WOW so I re downloaded rusty hearts and OMG i cant believe how dead it was, I saw one person in town even the auction/market was dead (only one or two weapons for sale HAHAHAHAH). Truthfully I thought that game would have grown, its pretty fun and they added new characters (Oh well).

Is there any 2d or 3d brawler style game that isnt a grindfest or repetition quest?????

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 215

Welcome to over a year ago. Rusty Hearts hasn't gotten a legitimate update in a long freaking time. Even the chinese version hasn't gotten any real update since it came out with the addition of the male gunner. There's plenty of other games that are much much more active than RH ever was.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by icyice40 View Post
    WOW so I re downloaded rusty hearts and OMG i cant believe how dead it was, I saw one person in town even the auction/market was dead (only one or two weapons for sale HAHAHAHAH). Truthfully I thought that game would have grown, its pretty fun and they added new characters (Oh well).

Is there any 2d or 3d brawler style game that isnt a grindfest or repetition quest?????
    Lol. Idk why PWI wont just wont put it out of its misery already. the forums are more alive then the game actually.
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Yeah doesn't surprise me tbh.. I did play the game when they released the update a year or so ago and it had plenty of people but I'm sure it would have died off pretty quick seeing the game is still pretty bland and run by PWE.

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

I really thought he meant World of Warcraft. Which is also dieing.

42 Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    I really thought he meant World of Warcraft. Which is also dieing.
    Since Blizzcon their subs went up so what the hell are u talking about lol

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

funny how you dont think the company can fake suscriptions / votes. wow never looked as popular as what people said.

sounds to me more like "they suscribed to the game accidently because they thought their first mmo was the best thing there ever was but then got tired of it eventually like the rest" or more like "blizzard suscribed their own accounts and made rumors"

they had the most suscribers? hmmm considering people in usa hardly ever open their wallet, doubt it.. easier to believe aeriagames actually having 40 million players in every game (oh god!)

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    funny how you dont think the company can fake suscriptions / votes. wow never looked as popular as what people said.

sounds to me more like "they suscribed to the game accidently because they thought their first mmo was the best thing there ever was but then got tired of it eventually like the rest" or more like "blizzard suscribed their own accounts and made rumors"

they had the most suscribers? hmmm considering people in usa hardly ever open their wallet, doubt it.. easier to believe aeriagames actually having 40 million players in every game (oh god!)
    I just.... wow.
    You know that they have investors reports every year, right? And you know its illegal to falsify/mislead investors?
    and the aeria games thing, that's more registered accounts. Runescape had 200m accounts created sometime in 2010/2011 you really think it has 200m players? but they can claim that because they have evidence.

last thing, last year blizzard had a net income of $1.149B and you don't get that faking a few accounts... lol

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    I just.... wow.
    You know that they have investors reports every year, right? And you know its illegal to falsify/mislead investors?
    and the aeria games thing, that's more registered accounts. Runescape had 200m accounts created sometime in 2010/2011 you really think it has 200m players? but they can claim that because they have evidence.

last thing, last year blizzard had a net income of $1.149B and you don't get that faking a few accounts... lol
    Put it this way. If WoW were to go Free2Play. The F2P game market would be killed.
    DON'T CLICK THE LINK!
    PLEASE CLICK HERE

I bet you tried to click it :P

Pikachu's Flea Collar Reputation: 21

Welcome to Perfect World Entertainment! They have always been notorious for leeching the money out of their players and then slowly letting the game "disappear". It's a shame because the games themselves would have showed great promise had their developers been more inclined towards creating content which invests players in the game causing them to support the company rather than releasing updates for their games which tend to be nothing more than new items in the Item Mall.

As for you people above me arguing about WoW... Based on their net income which is a lot harder to alter because if they get audited they are in a shitload of trouble, 1.149B/$13 a month subscription = 88,484,615 players per month. This is not inclusive of the other titles that the company owns such as Diablo and Starcraft. This is impressive when compared to League of Legends which most would agree is the most popular F2P game which pulls 12 million players per month. But is WoW dying? Yes. Why? It's part of the life cycle of games
    Establishment: The game is first released and depending on how well the game is marketed decides how steep the growth climb is.
    Growth: The players pour in and this tends to be the stage where things go wrong for games with poor servers that can't keep up.
    Maturity: The inflow of players slows down and this is where the game generally hits its peak in terms of playerbase.
    Post Maturity: This phase comes in one of two forms - Renewal: The game will experience growth once again if new content is released that inspires more interest in the game from consumers or Decline: The game will fail to inspire growth and will slowly lose players faster than it gains them.

Anyone who tells you that World of Warcraft isn't dying is a fool because lets face it... WoW's latest expansion? That didn't attract new players, it just brought old players back temporarily. But Mr Shinzo, if WoW went F2P then the playerbase would rise again! Yes but that would only postpone the inevitable... However, it would be nice as it might provide F2P publishers with a reason to start innovating the F2P market rather than creating these cookie cutter MMORPG's which have been infecting it for quite some time now, (MOBA's, Anime Style MMORPGS and F2P Shooters being the main offenders).

@Laverick - That is an outright lie because there is a vast majority of players that don't enjoy WoW for whichever reason, the top reasons i have seen is "The graphics are too cartoon-ish", "The gameplay isn't for me" or "If you say anything negative about their games in the chat then the Blizzard fans will ravage you like a swarm of killer bees"... (The last one is my personal reason). The proper way to express what would happen is to say that the majority of players will abandon their games because "All aboard the Hype Train, Choo Choo!" and those who enjoy the game will stay, those who don't enjoy the game but have sheep tendencies will stay and those who don't enjoy the game and understand the concept of individuality will go back to their respective games with bruises in the back of their heads from where they got pelted by rocks thrown from Blizzard fans as they left. WoW would dominate the "MMORPG" market, not kill it.

So TL: DR, play your game, enjoy your game and let others enjoy whatever game they play as well because at the end of the day, all games eventually die... Just some will die sooner than others.

~Shinzo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast