Harry Potter MMORPG

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Anything with such expensive intellectual property is going to be extremely cliche and money-oriented. Then again, I've never touched any of Harry Potter RPGs for console - are they any good?
    Not really, I played an HP game on the original Xbox and found it pretty cheesy, maybe like a mix between Spyro-type platformer and with the linear levels of Fable.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 11

I loved harry potter but I cant really see this becoming huge. There were not many spells for combat so I cant see that being a huge part of it. Sure, it's not like there are 2 but I mean if everyone has the same access to the spells for combat or field then it would not feel very different among other players. Plus I can see this being somewhat cramped as the school was the main part of the franchise and there were not many other place in the series.
    Nobody is born in this world to be alone! -Jaguar D. Saul

Fat Bowser Reputation: 30

Yeah I really don't see combat being a big thing in this game. I'd bet money that this is going to be a social based game like Habbo Hotel, with group activities like quidditch.

Currently Playing: Achaea

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I said somewhere before - they said that there is so many spells that its impossible to make it simple active-combat because they would never fit into bar. Also - there are going to be classes so I guess they will have a little different spells

I HOPE that combat will be important - but can't say Id be much suprised if they did it like you said - more social based - wouldn't be that happy then. I mean sure - Id go explore the world just because its Potter, but then what. Would probably be bored and left. So I hope it's not the case - and what they said in interview doesnt make it seem as they are planning social based game. But we shall see.

PC/PS games were not really good. I only played PC and max 2 of them were ok. Others were directed for little children or had been just bad. I think I liked 2 and 3. 5 and 6 were not horrible but not too good. 1 is really old and slow. And 4 and both 7 are such a big failure.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

The only way to save this game or to prevent an absolute failure is to hand the game over to the koreans developers LOL

Sorry .....western developers suck at making mmos....it's the truth.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by shuyukoukin View Post
    The only way to save this game or to prevent an absolute failure is to hand the game over to the koreans developers LOL

Sorry .....western developers suck at making mmos....it's the truth.
    From games I played for longer:
    GW2 - pretty ok but boring and not worth the money.
    Lineage I and II - besides some parts of pvp pretty bad game, but not too terrible.
    Those 2 are made by korean company.
    But my favourite games are western: DDO/LOTRO (Turbine).
    Also WoW - even if I dont like it it's one of the most successful MMO's and was done by American Company.
    LoL is also pretty popular and it's American too.

Furthemore I think korean graphic style mostly sucks, its unnatural and ugly( my friends call it heaven for pedo's) :P. No offense but I've got enough of cute faces on a man - which looks like a genetic modification and not really male - and female characters with eyes on half of face. Bleh :P I hate it xD.
    Truth is they don't make EVERY game in this style (GW2 may be the example)
    Also most of Korean MMORPGS = endless grind.
    So I don't really agree, sorry. There ARE good korean games and we are flooded by their games - but mostly they're not really that good or pretty.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 02-27-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    From games I played for longer:
    GW2 - pretty ok but boring and not worth the money.
    Lineage I and II - besides some parts of pvp pretty bad game, but not too terrible.
    Those 2 are made by korean company.
    But my favourite games are western: DDO/LOTRO (Turbine).
    Also WoW - even if I dont like it it's one of the most successful MMO's and was done by American Company.
    LoL is also pretty popular and it's American too.

Furthemore I think korean graphic style mostly sucks, its unnatural and ugly( my friends call it heaven for pedo's) :P. No offense but I've got enough of cute faces on a man - which looks like a genetic modification and not really male - and female characters with eyes on half of face. Bleh :P I hate it xD.
    Truth is they don't make EVERY game in this style (GW2 may be the example)
    Also most of Korean MMORPGS = endless grind.
    So I don't really agree, sorry. There ARE good korean games and we are flooded by their games - but mostly they're not really that good or pretty.
    Lol you're not offending anyone because that's your opinion. But about the Korean developers doing a better job? That's a fact unless you refuse to admit that the Korean companies are the ones running the show. The games that you mentioned are ancient already. It works the same way when I loved RO and refused to give it up. But the new generation games beat them by a huge margin. Graphic wise, Storyline, Quest? etc. What you're trying to express right now is nothing more than an obligation to defend what you once or still loved out of loyalty.

There's a huge population for GW2 and Lineage I and II alike excluding you AND me lol. GW2 is okay but it's not my style because I like games like Tera-another Korean developed game which is action-rpg. But unlike you, I admit that the Koreans are good at making games compared to us. ArcheAge? BLESS? Black Desert? Geez.....they're running the market. Games like BnS and ArchAge during beta and live there's a huge population of native and foreign players. So you tell me? Were they successful? Just because they don't cater to your needs it doesn't mean that they fail because what counts is the opinion of the majority and the subscriptions/cash shop.

And you probably miscomprehended what "mmorpgs" are even though it sounds like you're a veteran player. All mmo"RPGS" are grind fest that you need to kill X 99999 to get quest Z. Even GW2 have some that in their gameplay and to me GW2 was really good at blending the quests and storylines together unlike other games. Because that's the genre, massive multiplayer online role-playing games. I think you're confusing console rpgs to mmorpgs..

Sweety... you're comparing this------------
    to this......?

See? This would be the difference between a western developer and a Korean developer. You really want to play harry potter with those kinds of graphic from the latter pic? To each their own kayla, I respect your opinion. But facts are facts.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 284

so... we've gone from Harry potter to East vs west?
    Also easterm companies have a different standard to mmos than western companies, personally i prefer a game that's fun over how pretty the game is.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

it makes me wonder what you've been doing when you posted 15,640 times. did you just go to different threads and post 1...2...3 all the way up to your current number? lol

no. this was about harry potter and still about harry potter. there was no topic about east and west its korean devs vs western devs to make the outcome of the hp online more successful. it doesn't hurt to start reading on the 15,641st post that you'll be responding with. lol

peace everyone.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 284

Quote Originally Posted by shuyukoukin View Post
    it makes me wonder what you've been doing when you posted 15,640 times. did you just go to different threads and post 1...2...3 all the way up to your current number? lol

no. this was about harry potter and still about harry potter. there was no topic about east and west its korean devs vs western devs to make the outcome of the hp online more successful. it doesn't hurt to start reading on the 15,641st post that you'll be responding with. lol

peace everyone.
    judging by your post you're either trolling or being serious. but your first sentence being an attack aimed at me, it's leaning me more to trolling.

on this topic, the discussion of the mmo was being done free of where it comes from, be it korean, german, american or from the moon. Western developers have made quite a few games that eastern gamers die for, or get divorced over, they've done both. but not to say that westerners haven't done their fair share of stupid things over mmos.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast