Dean "Rocket" Hall to leave DayZ

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Dean "Rocket" Hall to leave DayZ

Dean Hall plans to leave Bohemia by the end of 2014, in order to set up a new studio in New Zealand. The early access version of the multiplayer survival sim passed 1.5 million players this weekend and I donít think itís dropped out of the top three sellers on Steam since release, but Hall told Eurogamer that his continued presence would become a hindrance to the project.
    So, Rocket releases an horribly unfinished early access game that hits $45,000,000+ in sales due to people believing in his vision. Then he just takes his cut and runs away without getting the product anywhere near a finished state?

I'm very pissed that I supported DayZ.
    I'll personally be boycotting anything he or his new studio puts out.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

By the end of 2014.

Thats still a long way from here! And there are enough capable people in Bohemia to finish/update the game.
    Not like he cant be replaced.
    Miguel
    Kaleidoscope Dream

Oh. I know he can be replaced.
    Maybe if he leaves it will get done faster. Who knows?

I'm just curious how much lead designer $$ he's running away with.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 56

Don't take this as a offence but you just sound like a pissed dean fanboy , i would preffer he stay but he already did his job , created the game that companies where afraid to try.

Yeah the game have a long road before reach it full potencial but they warned players like 100000 times before buy it and i wouldn't say is horrible , hell there are lots of worse early access

"I am a grenade," he explained. "I have a specific use. I'm really good at risk-taking and making other people take risks, I've always been good at that in my life.

"That's what I did with DayZ; I've done it twice now [once with the mod, again with the standalone] - two new code teams have separately done it.

"But eventually, that's the bad person to have. Eventually, you don't want the guy telling you to go over the top and get through. So at some point I'll be a disaster for the project, at least in a leadership role."
    He came with a fantastic idea and it paid off , but need to jump down before **** things up , i support that , the game will be finished anyway

I'm very pissed that I supported DayZ.
    I'll personally be boycotting anything he or his new studio puts out.
    You really care that much ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_switch_css View Post
    im stealing internet from the guy downstairs.. sometimes he gets mad and hits the ceiling with the broom unsecure wireless FTW!

Nah. I just think it was a d*ck move. And boycotting is easy. I just don't buy anything else from him.
    Kinda like you may do to a restaurant if you catch a worker wiping with a sesame seed bun.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 56

IMHO i think he took the right decision , i didn't play the game in a few weeks , they need to add more zombies ,some towns are like not a single zombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_switch_css View Post
    im stealing internet from the guy downstairs.. sometimes he gets mad and hits the ceiling with the broom unsecure wireless FTW!