Talisman: Digital Edition (Steam)

Game Journalist Reputation: 64

Default Talisman: Digital Edition (Steam)

Anyone interested in playing this with me? I haven't played a good board game in awhile and this looks pretty interesting. Before I buy it I want to make sure I have a few people to play with. I'm going to do a bit more research on the game and see what it's all about.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247000/
    Currently Playing: Dawngate, LoL, FFXIV, Random Steam Games

What the hell is a Pwarp?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Glad I read the store page. It's definitely not as shitty as I figured but all the dlc is kind of a turn off. I'll consider picking it up myself in the future when it goes on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Glad I read the store page. It's definitely not as shitty as I figured but all the dlc is kind of a turn off. I'll consider picking it up myself in the future when it goes on sale.
    Yea, I saw that to. I hate when extra things like that are in the DLC. The good thing though is that if your playing against someone with them cards you ALSO get them cards. Not sure if you knew that or not but I felt as though it was worth mentioning.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

Yeah I'd buy, Not sure if I want to wait for a sale though.

If you do, let me know what you think. I keep hovering over the purchase button but then change my mind. :P

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Pwarp View Post
    If you do, let me know what you think. I keep hovering over the purchase button but then change my mind. :P
    Yeah reading the community board is really discouraging...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 142

All the different products from it turned me off. There is a game for 14€ one for 50€ and then someone called seasonal pass? Does it have a seasonal fee or something? Seems like a game that only wants your money to me.

Though I'd like to play a board game again.

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 26

OK, as someone that owns the game and has played the board game I can tell you that if you want to play an online game true to the Talisman board game then you will want to buy it. It is very much like the board game but with the smooth gameplay of an online game that makes games run quicker then IRL BUT ... like IRL, Talisman has A LOT of expansions which the online game is breaking up into DLC which is how it should be since not everyone likes every expansion. The $50 season pass gives you all the future expansions of the game when they come out, where the $15 dollar game is just the base game which is still fun to play.

Only the host of the game needs the expansions for you to try them but if you do not own them then you cannot play classes in those expansions. ie. If the host owns the Reaper expansion which is out now you can play with the reaper and the added cards but you can't pick from the 4 extra classes in a multiplayer game hosted by someone who owns it.

The only problem I have with the digital game is a single game bug we run into that stops the game entirely which is really bad for some people but I don't mind it as much since it's not a big deal to start over a game since if you're friends are playing it right then you dying and starting over isn't uncommon.
    Last edited by Otakun; 02-27-2014 at 08:45 AM.