Comics Are Dead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

The real question is: What are we going to do when comics become alive?

@Op: So is the radio, vinyls and punch tape.

Stay frosty.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 844

Vinyl is most certainly not dead.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

I still love comics, still read between DC and Marvel, still buy some even. Though with the internet it's a lot easier to keep up with tie-ins and ongoing series. Some people even upload entire issues to sites youtube, you can just skim through the video at your reading pace.

It's one of those things I've been doing since I was little and I doubt I'll completely lose interest in them.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    if i would buy all the manga i want to read instead of reading it online ... i would never have enough money ...
    I would be in debt if you consider that I read manga that are 500+ chapters and only 10-20 pages long,.

If you really wanna save money, why not wait for a collected volume? Or are they not good about doing that? I dunno, I don't read any super hero comics...but I buy some TMNT stuff from time to time, and I've been meaning to grab some more. Got a really funny one called The Pro in a reddit gifts exchange (don't look it up, extremely NSFW...although I totally read it at work now that I think about it.)

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 69

why not wait for a collected volume?
    Sure, you'll save 30-50% that way but for a trade paper back(TPB) you'll have to wait quite a while after the last includeD issue has been released.

If you don't mind being several months behind that's a good way to follow a couple of series cost efficiently but ultimately still not that good.

For example Batman's "Death of the Family" has 9 connected series, each with it's own TPB. Buying them when they were initially released would have cost around $200.

That doesn't come close to other forms of media entertainment. I can watch every season of Breaking Bad for $10/mo on NetFlix.

I hear ya on not wanting to wait. I can't wait 6 months for the Walking Dead collections...but maybe pick your favorites to do monthly and snag the collections when they come out for the others?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 238

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    I would be in debt if you consider that I read manga that are 500+ chapters and only 10-20 pages long,.
    ... dont make me started about all the manga i have completed reading ... if i would buy that and all the manga i read daily ... then i could build a damn house out of manga ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12