Quest Complete: The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot Enters Open Beta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 245

Default Quest Complete: The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot Enters Open Beta

Guard thy-selves in armor, for it is time to make haste and travel to the land of floating sky castles on a Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. Yes, The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is no longer a quest for merely those graced with closed beta access. Starting today, the action RPG has lowered its draw bridge and challenged everyone to invade each others halls and pillage the goods within.

The open beta for The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot marks the end of a fairly lengthy closed beta in which Ubisoft made a surprisingly large amount of changes based on player feedback. In fact the open beta adds some of the largest changes the game has seen in recent months. With the open beta now underway players have been treated to an all new Open Creation system used in planning the defense of their castle. Previously, castles had several restrictions which capped players on how many minions they could place in one area or how close traps could be to one another. Using the new Open Creation system, Ubisoft says these changes will “minimize barriers on your creativity, and let your imagination become the only limit”.

Ubisoft has also added a few IQ points to the castle’s creatures. Creatures are now susceptible to their master’s own traps and will actively attempt to avoid them. They will also attempt run in order to heal before returning to the fight. These changes make stacking large amounts of fire traps in one area particularly dangerous for nearby creatures creatures which will add a new layer of strategy when crafting your defense. Players will also be required to defeat their own castle before they can finalize the design, ensuring each person’s castle remains beatable.

Players can choose from four characters to plunder with including The Runaway who became available in the open beta. The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is available to download through Steam with more information regarding the open beta changes found here.

http://www.mmobomb.com/news/quest-co...ers-open-beta/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mime Taxidermy View Post
    I don't think that Internet Explorer can display CSS, only HTML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Looks like fun to me, when the creatures die and freeze then burst into a bunch of smaller cubes makes me squeal like a small girl.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

One thing that the article missed out on: they removed the upgrade/construction timers.
    Messing around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Still completely pay 2 win tho, right?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

http://steamcommunity.com/games/them...53392437822172

A bunch of info about the open beta, I chuckled reading the bit about monetization. I'll probably download it in the future out of boredom.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

god damn it cy kill right as I post my own thread lol.
    ='c

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    god damn it cy kill right as I post my own thread lol.
    ='c
    ...He made this thread hours ago.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    ...He made this thread hours ago.
    Yeah I saw that after I posted too late now
    I'll live with my shame

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

When I played a lot of people complained about people rarely testing their castle, especially at the lower levels. I wonder if this is still the case since building your own arena is such a major part of the game.

Any professionals here care to chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    When I played a lot of people complained about people rarely testing their castle, especially at the lower levels. I wonder if this is still the case since building your own arena is such a major part of the game.

Any professionals here care to chime in?
    The first castle I set up for the tutorial has been attacked a few dozen times within an hour of making it sooo... Also, turns out they removed the pay 2 win stuff, which is cool.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    The first castle I set up for the tutorial has been attacked a few dozen times within an hour of making it sooo... Also, turns out they removed the pay 2 win stuff, which is cool.
    Hmm, fair point, although that could just be because it's fairly fresh and went into OB, we'll see in a few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast