Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Your states favorite music artists

  1. #1
    Game Journalist Reputation: 490

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,748
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Your states favorite music artists


    (Map based on Echo Nest data)


    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis for me. (Kansas).
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  2. #2
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,880
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Of these terrible options, Jay Z was the best I could ask for. Also it makes the most sense for my state.

  3. #3
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    i love how Americans assume everyone else is American.

    Self-centered wankers...

    I'm from Quebec so it's probably Arcade Fire.

  4. #4
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    12

    Default


  5. #5
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    Man I really thought California would be Brian Eno.

  6. #6
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 269
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,224
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I don't know any of these people. My favorite composers are ZUN, Crystal Strings, Vivaldi, Beethoven, and Bergersen.

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    99% of the people have to check their cellphones to see what theyre listening to

  8. #8
    Game Journalist Reputation: 490

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,748
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avarance View Post
    99% of the people have to check their cellphones to see what theyre listening to
    I was mostly the same for a long time. Most people enjoy music and just listen to whatever they think sounds good. They don't put much thought into it and the names of the artists and songs just don't stick. In recent years I've started to listen to more specific stuff, so I've started to actually pay attention to the names, lyrics, etc...

    Also, a lot of people just go blank when asked a question on the spot like that. It sucks, but it's something that happens. Some random guy with a camera shows up and asks what your favorite artists/music is and you go, "uhh..."
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  9. #9
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    I hardly ever know the name of the song I'm listening to. I mostly just go by albums.

  10. #10
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I was mostly the same for a long time. Most people enjoy music and just listen to whatever they think sounds good. They don't put much thought into it and the names of the artists and songs just don't stick. In recent years I've started to listen to more specific stuff, so I've started to actually pay attention to the names, lyrics, etc...

    Also, a lot of people just go blank when asked a question on the spot like that. It sucks, but it's something that happens. Some random guy with a camera shows up and asks what your favorite artists/music is and you go, "uhh..."
    True, I didn't think of it that way. I was mostly thinking people would listen to their favorite albums/artists.

    I don't like listening to music while outside, I feel uncomfortable.

  11. #11
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This is a sad day for the USA. Excluding Imagine Dragons, I can't name a song by anyone on that map.

    Oh and those Eminem songs where he tries to piggy back Rihanna to finally win a non-rap award.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-02-2014 at 04:18 AM.

  12. #12
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    This is a sad day for the USA. Excluding Imagine Dragons, I can't name a song by anyone on that map.

    Oh and those Eminem songs where he tries to piggy back Rihanna to finally win a non-rap award.

  13. #13
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 242
    Phanein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    ø§
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    7

    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

  14. #14
    Game Journalist Reputation: 490

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,748
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    Why you gotta ruin it?

    But really, the map I use is based on this article(also on MusicMachinery), which was made after the map you linked and is based on "the most-streamed artist in each state over the last year." The one you link shows most distinctive, the one in my OP is most favorite. Both are pretty neat to look at, though.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 03-02-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  15. #15
    Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    6,129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    I haven't even heard of half of them. Hipster america.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •