Dcuo

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Default Dcuo

Hey guys I'm planning on playing dcuo for a bit just had a few questions. First off does the pc version have the same server as ps3/ps4? Also what is the best powers/weapons/movement for pve n for pvp... Thanks guys
    Waiting for:

WonderKing 2

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Nope, different servers for PC and PS3/4.

Powers... eh, I know Celestial is the best healing power. Since I don't do PvP I couldn't talk about that.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 14

well it's a Rock, Paper, Scissor so it doesn't really matter what power you grab, it depends on what support roll you want to play. well for pve dps some powers stand out more then other, hard light have been at or around the top for a long time but is hard to play, celestial used to be at the top when it came out but is nerfed now. i haven't played in 2 months or so, i don't know how the game is now.

as for movement. for me Super Speed an Acrobatics are more fun, but Flying is by far the best in pve especially when you want to do the BIA and FR alerts it's a massive pain if you can't fly.

i haven't done alot of player vs player pvp since you will get steamrolled for weeks until you get good gear. but the legends pvp is great!

if you are going to start playing the game, make sure to try and get in to a decent league as soon as you hit lvl 30. have them carry you through FoS 3, Themy and BG, that should not take more then an hour and should get you to cr 70+ in less then 2 days

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Ok so I logged in and I still got my level 27 gadget dual pistol acrobats... Is this a good combo or shall I restart?
    Waiting for:

WonderKing 2

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Haven't played in forever, but DCUO is a piece of crap MMO. It has like 1 zone that heroes/villains share, and the rest is instanced. The PvP is trash, and it's absolutely POINTLESS to play without paying the monthly fee. At least not post level 20.

Edit: They raised the cap past 20?
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger.

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons.

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS.

ArcheAge: 38 Gypsy. (Currently Playing)

Trove: On and off. 20 all classes.

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 14

you must be thinking of another game, nothing of what you said is true. it's 4 zones, 2 massive cities gotham and metropolis, the hero's watchtower and villains hall of doom. nothing is instanced exept the actual instances ofc.
    the PvP you do with your own gear can be a drag, but the legends PvP with iconic heroes and villains is great and well balanced.
    there has never been a lvl 20 cap..

It's a great game one of the best iv'e played the past 10 years, the styles tab with the option to choose any look on your armor from pieces you gathered is very innovative something every game should have. even tough it's less casual today it is still one of the most casual mmo's.

gadgets is great for both pvp and pve, dual pistol is good for trolling (in support role, giving power). but it's not so good for dps

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

DCUO rocks ! for pve I see A LOT of ppl taking dual wield (dunno have them on my hero which I prolly gonna delete , but the dmg is only good on charged throw , which to be fair end game gear ppl use it to 1 shot enemies when doing t1-3 :P) , I recently got a 2 handed char to max and I must say it's probably the biggest dps weapon , it's full combo deals insane dmg compared to dual wield ... Power wise I'd say choose the one you like all powers can be dps and I saw almost all of them to be one Healer is a ton of fun (for me personally) but only if there's a troll in a group , since without one you use up the energy and need to regain power by atacking which takes ages ( and it doesn't help that on my heal I took hand blast which is probably one of the lowest dps weps ) , Troller is ALWAYS usefull , whether it's power restoration (which all roles need) or usefull tricks in general stuns knocks debuffs etc , can't really say anything about tanking , since my hero dual wield fire tank is not even full t1 and get's destroyed since never actually got in a group with troll/healer but obviously nice to have one on bosses for taunts...