Whatcha Cooking, Good Looking?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Lots of Pizza lovers I see. Well, making Pizza dough isn't hard at all and a freshly baked pizza can be quite rewarding. The biggest problem with making dough is all that free time you have while it rises, twice.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Well, that little loaf is already gone. Made some delicious BTO sandwiches yesterday and this morning had some yummy fried egg sandwiches for breakfast. Probably going to make another loaf tomorrow. Tomorrow (#pancakeday) will be homemade pancakes. Also making a turkey & pesto pasta for dinner. Wha for lunch? I don't know...
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Senior Editor Reputation: 12

I have no pictures to share, but this weekend I made Paprika Pork Chops with saffron rice, and Stewed Beans & Kale over orzo (I used kidney, couldn't find cranberry at the store I went to). Both were amazing.

I try to cook every weekend - the husband cooks during the week because of my schedule.

First thing in the morning I am going to make dough for both a loaf of bread and some artisan bread. WML

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 46

yesterday was beanie weenies, essentially a can of baked beans in brown sugar sauce cooked with four hot-dogs, coined. wanna make creamed chipped beef sammiches/toast one day though (heard it called **** on a shingle)

most complex so far is some shrimp & sausage jambalaya soup (well, usually doesn't stay as soup for long, need to calculate dat rice ratio). don't have exact measurements, since I usually just eyeball how much spice I toss in to the soup mixture, buutt:
    1 carton of chicken stock (preferably low sodium)
    1~2 tbsp of paprika
    1~2 tbsp of garlic powder
    1~2 tsp of cayenne
    1~2 tsp of onion powder
    1~2 tsp of cumin
    1 tsp of thyme
    Some black pepper
    Some Tabasco sauce (just a little bit to not conflict with the cayenne)
    2 bay leaves
    A thing of spicy sausage, such as Andouille
    0.5-1 lb of thawed shrimp
    1-1.5 cup of instant rice.

create soup mixture by mixing the chicken stock, spices, and bay leaves in a pot at medium heat till steaming, then lower heat to simmer. While the soup is heating up, coin or dice the sausage and cook it in a pan. then, toss the sausage into the soup along with draining the leftover oil from cooking the sausage into the soup. also add the shrimp and rice to the soup. turn heat back up to medium for about 5-10 min. or until rice is cooked, remove pot from heat and enjoy.

Edit:
    You can improve the soup mixture by taking out some of the chicken stock and replacing it with shrimp stock (fresh shrimp shells boiled in water)

Edit 2:
    just remembered how much I hated deveining shrimps at home...
    Last edited by Jerov; 03-03-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    Messing around.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Helping my mom with a seafood bake tonight.....buuuuut she likes to keep the recipe in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Dude... homemade pizza is the best. never ordering again. It's really easy.
    I buy pizza dough at my local supermarket, flatten it out, spread some pasta sauce and mozzarella
    and then whatever else and it's done in 20mins. SOo much better than take out because it's not like
    saturated in its own grease and it's healthy.

My friends put potatoes on theirs but I don't think that qualifies as a pizza though ;;
    Hey I'm working on a Harvest-Moon/ Animal Crossing inspire MMO
    I hope you'll check it out. http://www.Pumpkin-Online.com

Yesterday was Pancake Day but I was out and about so I didn't participate. To make up for that I made some delicious chocolate pancakes this morning with a nice chocolate and maple syrup. Yesterday I made another loaf, but increased the dough ingredients so that I could make some nice artisan sub rolls as well. Going to make a nice fried egg, bacon, and tomato sandwich later with them. Bread is so easy to make. Takes about 2 hours. Pictures of those coming soon

I have to get a bread keeper as the bread I make is better than the ones I buy at the store. Anyways, I have a nice pan-seared chicken breast and paste dinner. I used a homemade cherry tomato pesto sauce.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 134

Quote Originally Posted by Phanein View Post
    I have to get a bread keeper as the bread I make is better than the ones I buy at the store. Anyways, I have a nice pan-seared chicken breast and paste dinner. I used a homemade cherry tomato pesto sauce.
    Where did you learn how to cook/bake/kitchen? I mean, that loaf of bread looked really good, and everything you make is home made. How long does it take you to prepare your meals?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast