Neverwinter: Curse of Icewind Dale introducing Open World PvP and more

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Default Neverwinter: Curse of Icewind Dale introducing Open World PvP and more

http://community.arcgames.com/en/new...detail/3034893

We’re proud to announce the third free expansion module for Neverwinter, Curse of Icewind Dale. In this third update, coming later this spring, players can enjoy new PvE content and new features that will bring completely different ways to PvP.

We’re very excited about how PvP will be expanding and transforming in Module 3: Curse of Icewind Dale and we know you’ll enjoy all the PvE content in the upcoming expansion as well. We can’t wait to reveal more!

Leading up to the official launch of Module 3, we’ll be updating this blog multiple times a week with more information about the new features included in the content update. Here's a full list of features you can expect to see in Curse of Icewind Dale. Please note that this content is currently in development and is subject to change.

Icewind Dale

This iconic region has been recreated in Neverwinter, after being the primary location of multiple R.A. Salvatore novels, as well as multiple other video games.

Caer-Konig

This new zone is a smal fishing town in Icewind Dale, a staging point for those seeking black ice, and the neutral ground in the growing conflict between the Ten-Towners and Arcane Brotherhood. It will serve as the main social hub for all Icewind Dale activities.

Icewind Pass

This treacherous pass is one of the two new zones that will offer both PvP and PvE content to players.

Dwarven Valley

This expansive valley is the second of the two new zones that will offer both PvP and PvE content to players.

Kessell's Retreat

Akar Kessell has returned and has fortified himself in a location high within Kelvin's Cairn, the mountain peak that overlooks all of Icewind Dale.

Black Ice - Lore

Black Ice is a new, extremely valuable resource, that players will be harvesting and fighting over within Icewind Dale. However, it has a dark history.

Black Ice - Harvesting

Black Ice is a new, extremely valuable resource that players will be harvesting and fighting over within Icewind Dale.

Black Ice - Shaping

With this new resource at hand, players will be utilizing a new profession in order to craft spectacular gear.

Black Ice - Gear

Unlike gear of old, Black Ice Gear will have unique properties that allow players to greatly increase their stats bonus, but only temporarily.

PvP Leaderboards & Matchmaking

The matchmaking system has undergone extensive revisions, and will now feature leaderboards so that you can climb the ranks to the most elite combatants in Neverwinter.

PvP Campaign

For the first time ever, Neverwinter will feature a PvP Campaign, which will have daily quests focused on slaying other players, or navigating through dangerous PvP areas for resources.

PvE Campaign

Explore the region with the Icewind Dale campaign by completing new repeatable quests, earning boons, and receiving gifts from the grateful people of Caer-Konig.

New Enemies

As with every update, there will be a new array of enemies to battle, which will require new combat strategies to defeat efficiently. This includes yeti, crag cats, dire bears, the corrupted Hammerstone Clan of dwarves, and the savage Bear Tribe of the Reghed Barbarians.

New Bosses

Along with Akar Kessell, players face the deadly black ice-corrupted beholder, undead giants, and the deadly remorhaz.

Heroic Encounters

Discover new quest encounters that appear as you adventure through Icewind Dale. They range in difficulty from minor encounters for 2 – 3 players to epic battles for a dozen or more!

Mercenary Contracts

There are two new factions being introduced that will serve as the basis of the conflict over Black Ice in Icewind Dale: the local council of Ten-Towners capitalizing on the black ice trade to grow their wealth, and the Arcane Brotherhood who seeks to unlock the mysteries behind the black ice. Each offer temporary contracts to adventurers to further their goals in Icewind Dale.

Arcane Brotherhood

An organization of wizards from Luskan, the Arcane Brotherhood seeks to harvest Black Ice under the claims of academic pursuit.

Ten-Towners

Having already fought off Akar Kessell's army once, the Ten-Towners now try to retain their grasp on the region by using the power of Black Ice.

Hunter Ranger Paragon Path

To join the other classes, the Hunter Ranger will now have a new Paragon Path called the Pathfinder.

Itemization Changes

There will be many changes to items from levels 1 - 60, to make item progression more fun and interesting.

Post-60 Advancement

Once you hit 60, XP that you accumulate will start to provide you with rewards, rather than be lost in a void.

Dungeon Keys

We will be adding dungeons keys to go along with the time-based dungeon delve events, to allow for dungeon delving at

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

Yay, about time the Hunter Ranger gets a second paragon path!

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

this could be good but i dont know how it all fits into their pay to win setup.
    some of these mmos are so complex now its designed to be impossible to understand until you have stuck 3 months playing into it.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Saw this earlier when it got posted, would've probably posted about it sooner but I've been away from my comp for awhile. It's a shame that the game still gets fairly boring once all you have left to do is grind boring dungeons.

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 13

How is there going to be open world PvP in an instanced game?
    Final Fantasy 14: Level 50 (ilvl 96) WHM, Level 50 (ilvl 90) BLM. Currently doing most endgame content.

Guild Wars 2: (Ehmry Bay) 64 Ranger.

Diablo 3: 70 Wizard, 60 Demon Hunter, 60 Witch Doctor, 65 Paragons.

Wildstar: 37 Spell Slinger DPS.

ArcheAge: 38 Gypsy. (Currently Playing)

Trove: On and off. 20 all classes.

• ^Currently Active - Semi-Active^

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

meh. If it was free to seal your companions then I would've done so. Have 3 elite ones on max lvl...