Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

I know I've been *****ing about it forever but after 2 more corrupted dungeons I've come to a conclusion that they are broken as hell. No regular mortal can clear the boss without dying a dozen times. The bosses don't even have mods, only elemental resist and chaos resist. But their cast speed or movement speed or the damage of spells is beyond the most dreadful nightmare. It was worth to waste pretty much one level worth of exp at lvl 50 since I have 3 pieces of the map for Queen Atziri, all 3 identical but I am sure I can exchange the other 2 easily.

On Normal these dungeons were reasonable, they weren't hard but were challenging enough that if you didn't pay attention, you would die. Then when I hit Cruel the difficulty went through the roof into deep space.
    I've also increased my health by 1/3, elementla resistances almost capped but I still got killed instantly, before your brain can even process the information.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 03-07-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

Rerolled a GS marauder. We'll see what happens. Hopefully I don't die.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

This game intrigues me but the gameplay is SOOO repetitive
    Relax and enjoy life

Wow, invasion is absolutely brutal. Really need to play the top builds if you want to try to get ahead and even then you can die from a single mob.

Yep.
    Got to Act 3 in Cruel yesterday and quickly realized my Rain of Arrows build sucks hard. I need to reconfigure to Lightning Arrow or start again. I guess I rather reconfigure than start again since I got so far, but too lazy to do that right now

Ok. I can see how Lightning Arrow is so much better. DPS increased from 800 to 1000. Still half-baked and unfinished reconfigure because I still need Chain and Blood Magic gems. If anyone has these I can trade for other Vaal gems or gems.
    Last edited by marcipaans; 03-08-2014 at 07:31 AM.

^ Are you playing invasion or ambush?

Quote Originally Posted by BetaGods123 View Post
    ^ Are you playing invasion or ambush?
    Ambush. I don't even dare to play Invasion because of how stupid hard these leagues can become. The previous 4 month leagues don't even stand close to these two.

Quote Originally Posted by marcipaans View Post
    Ambush. I don't even dare to play Invasion because of how stupid hard these leagues can become. The previous 4 month leagues don't even stand close to these two.
    Damn, we coulda played together The other leagues are great, but I like that edge of your seat experience, which you can only really get from the hardcore leagues.

Edit: Explosive -> LMP -> FUN!!

We'll see how long it lasts, though. I probably should have done this on Templar or Witch.

I am dying a lot. But I do need better equipment because I didn't care much what I had until this point.

Got to Act 3 Merciless, lvl 63. Not sure if I will finish Act 3 tomorrow although I could just farm to 68 in City of Sarn and then surf my way to ending using parties. Got loads of uniques, about 6 I think, only 2 actually useful really.

I still need Chain gem and lvl 60+ 6 socket bow. Actually I need to replace every single piece of equipment since it's near useless. Might as well start farming for gear on maps.

Have a cringe at my build. I am PoE-dumb when it comes to planning builds. I need a machine next to me which can spit out the best build for the playstyle I want to play.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...T4-WP8S_zF_sg=

Just picking resistance nodes, strength and HP nodes to get up my defense, got only 2k hp, cold and lightning is capped, fire still 20% and chaos -60% (don't know if it's worth to get it up since there are very little mobs who do chaos damage).

I'm no expert, so I just follow FOTM and take it from there. I'm sure the pros can theory craft a build much better than what I can come up with.

Managed to get 1/3rd through Act 3.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast