TIL: Knight Online still active

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Default TIL: Knight Online still active

Can someone give me a breakdown on the new changes to Knight Online since 2004?

I think everyone could agree that Knight Online was always a good game. It was good fun and very fluid. But I don't ever remember getting far into the game. Like all I can remember is playing it for a week. Then doing it again at another date... But I always enjoyed it.

Today I learned that the game is still up, and still active. The forums have currently 300 people online, so that means the servers probably are well populated.
    Could someone check how active the game is still?

How have they changed their PvP system?
    How have they added to the PvE?
    Also, how is the F2P model? I believe I quit because you always got to a point where you needed premium access. Now the games website celebrates F2P, so is the game much more open to F2Pers?

Man... very nostalgic thinking about this game. I'm amazed it's still alive, but I'm also not surprised, because it certainly was a hidden gem of an MMO.
    Last edited by Songz; 03-05-2014 at 04:39 PM.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Well ive been playing KO since 2004 as well.

The pvp system is pretty much the same , with some more events popping up everyday like border defense war , some arena and stuff.
    From 2004 to now the game has made a lot of progress content-wise , there is so much more to do now.

Tbh premium is not mandatory on KO , you can play and enjoy all game features without it ; however , the game is one of the most expensive PAY2WIN , not from Cashshop but from other players selling items for $$ on KO4life.com

People actually spend 8k usd and up to get their character geared up. And this is just so common. People just run arounds in unique sets+3 and full shells+21 in CZ. So if you're going to play KO again which is still really fun to play , you rather play on the most recent sever , unless you're willing to spend a lot of cash ( 1k usd at last )

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by shongo View Post
    the game is one of the most expensive PAY2WIN , not from Cashshop but from other players selling items for $$ on KO4life.com

People actually spend 8k usd and up to get their character geared up. And this is just so common. People just run arounds in unique sets+3 and full shells+21 in CZ. So if you're going to play KO again which is still really fun to play , you rather play on the most recent sever , unless you're willing to spend a lot of cash ( 1k usd at last )
    Goldfarming HERE I COME!!
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

I used to love this game when I was younger. When I played last which was years ago I believe the game had a huge Turkish population? There weren't many english speaking players at all.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mxerdude View Post
    I used to love this game when I was younger. When I played last which was years ago I believe the game had a huge Turkish population? There weren't many english speaking players at all.
    Yeah, pretty much turkish but has a really good population and some english clans in a few servers. I believe the most recent and witht he most english players is Piana. The one im in and my current account is like 700 usd+.

Only one thing; koxpers. Aka cheaters are pretty much everywhere even if gms ban like 200+ every day, they still keep coming and gold farming.

I'm still playing this game and still enjoy the pvp, it is one of the best system ive seen so far for pvp.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 92

i tried KO for about 2 hours-- i found combat and pvp almost exactly like Regnum except :-
    1) Regnum has about 1,000% less cheaters
    2) Regnum is about 10x slicker, nicer looking and responsive (ie: more modern 3d gfx overall)
    3) Regnum is about 100x less pay to win
    etc etc

so i went back to regnum. Knight Online is considered to be one of the top notch pvp mmos, and quite a few regnum players come from knight. All of them say regnum is better than knight online. anyway.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Meh, I aint gonna listen to you since you ALWAYS promote regnum.

You arent a fair judge, you like it too much.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    i tried KO for about 2 hours-- i found combat and pvp almost exactly like Regnum except :-
    1) Regnum has about 1,000% less cheaters
    2) Regnum is about 10x slicker, nicer looking and responsive (ie: more modern 3d gfx overall)
    3) Regnum is about 100x less pay to win
    etc etc

so i went back to regnum. Knight Online is considered to be one of the top notch pvp mmos, and quite a few regnum players come from knight. All of them say regnum is better than knight online. anyway.
    Do you work for or get paid to promote Regnum? This post has nothing to do with asking about a DIFFERENT game. It has to do with Knight Online and any information on it.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    Do you work for or get paid to promote Regnum? This post has nothing to do with asking about a DIFFERENT game. It has to do with Knight Online and any information on it.
    Seriously this guy finds a way to put this game inside almost every single post he makes. Im getting tired of reading them because i know he will try to thow it in every time.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 32

Quote Originally Posted by xTRIxEDGEx View Post
    Seriously this guy finds a way to put this game inside almost every single post he makes. Im getting tired of reading them because i know he will try to thow it in every time.
    Yep. But back on subject!
    Finished downloading and installing KO and decided to take the advice here and join a newer server. So far the game looks pretty populated haven't seen much spam in terms of coin buying etc. Cash shop doesn't look p2w but more about convenience(first look so don't hold me to it) also seeing people with wings and I WANT THEM! Beginning town has changed as well which is kind of a bummer since I liked leaving the gate and just heading out into the open world of knight online. Made a warrior on the orc side(no idea name of the nation) but I am hoping to go 2hander :P

They added 1 new class for each faction which is pretty cool! Ah the nostalgia...it's getting to me ;-;
    Shame I have to turn in early for morning shift ;-;
    But yeah games alive and kicking WELL and has quite a few servers open! Gaia being the most populated(from the looks of it). ;D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast