Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: TIL: Knight Online still active

  1. #1
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168
    Songz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,854
    Rep Power
    12

    Default TIL: Knight Online still active

    Can someone give me a breakdown on the new changes to Knight Online since 2004?

    I think everyone could agree that Knight Online was always a good game. It was good fun and very fluid. But I don't ever remember getting far into the game. Like all I can remember is playing it for a week. Then doing it again at another date... But I always enjoyed it.

    Today I learned that the game is still up, and still active. The forums have currently 300 people online, so that means the servers probably are well populated.
    Could someone check how active the game is still?

    How have they changed their PvP system?
    How have they added to the PvE?
    Also, how is the F2P model? I believe I quit because you always got to a point where you needed premium access. Now the games website celebrates F2P, so is the game much more open to F2Pers?

    Man... very nostalgic thinking about this game. I'm amazed it's still alive, but I'm also not surprised, because it certainly was a hidden gem of an MMO.
    Last edited by Songz; 03-05-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

    RIP the Dawngates : (

    You can join my Minitroopers army!


    Don't you dare quote me!

    Don't you dare Rep me neither!

    I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

  2. #2
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well ive been playing KO since 2004 as well.

    The pvp system is pretty much the same , with some more events popping up everyday like border defense war , some arena and stuff.
    From 2004 to now the game has made a lot of progress content-wise , there is so much more to do now.

    Tbh premium is not mandatory on KO , you can play and enjoy all game features without it ; however , the game is one of the most expensive PAY2WIN , not from Cashshop but from other players selling items for $$ on KO4life.com

    People actually spend 8k usd and up to get their character geared up. And this is just so common. People just run arounds in unique sets+3 and full shells+21 in CZ. So if you're going to play KO again which is still really fun to play , you rather play on the most recent sever , unless you're willing to spend a lot of cash ( 1k usd at last )

  3. #3
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 269
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,243
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shongo View Post
    the game is one of the most expensive PAY2WIN , not from Cashshop but from other players selling items for $$ on KO4life.com

    People actually spend 8k usd and up to get their character geared up. And this is just so common. People just run arounds in unique sets+3 and full shells+21 in CZ. So if you're going to play KO again which is still really fun to play , you rather play on the most recent sever , unless you're willing to spend a lot of cash ( 1k usd at last )
    Goldfarming HERE I COME!!

  4. #4
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 15
    Mxerdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,784
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I used to love this game when I was younger. When I played last which was years ago I believe the game had a huge Turkish population? There weren't many english speaking players at all.

  5. #5
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teehee; Duck Island
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mxerdude View Post
    I used to love this game when I was younger. When I played last which was years ago I believe the game had a huge Turkish population? There weren't many english speaking players at all.
    Yeah, pretty much turkish but has a really good population and some english clans in a few servers. I believe the most recent and witht he most english players is Piana. The one im in and my current account is like 700 usd+.


    Only one thing; koxpers. Aka cheaters are pretty much everywhere even if gms ban like 200+ every day, they still keep coming and gold farming.

    I'm still playing this game and still enjoy the pvp, it is one of the best system ive seen so far for pvp.

  6. #6
    `Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 106
    queenvoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    i tried KO for about 2 hours-- i found combat and pvp almost exactly like Regnum except :-
    1) Regnum has about 1,000% less cheaters
    2) Regnum is about 10x slicker, nicer looking and responsive (ie: more modern 3d gfx overall)
    3) Regnum is about 100x less pay to win
    etc etc

    so i went back to regnum. Knight Online is considered to be one of the top notch pvp mmos, and quite a few regnum players come from knight. All of them say regnum is better than knight online. anyway.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

    http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

  7. #7
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teehee; Duck Island
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Meh, I aint gonna listen to you since you ALWAYS promote regnum.

    You arent a fair judge, you like it too much.

  8. #8
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32
    Igneius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MMO heaven :3
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    i tried KO for about 2 hours-- i found combat and pvp almost exactly like Regnum except :-
    1) Regnum has about 1,000% less cheaters
    2) Regnum is about 10x slicker, nicer looking and responsive (ie: more modern 3d gfx overall)
    3) Regnum is about 100x less pay to win
    etc etc

    so i went back to regnum. Knight Online is considered to be one of the top notch pvp mmos, and quite a few regnum players come from knight. All of them say regnum is better than knight online. anyway.
    Do you work for or get paid to promote Regnum? This post has nothing to do with asking about a DIFFERENT game. It has to do with Knight Online and any information on it.

  9. #9
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 23

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    229
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    Do you work for or get paid to promote Regnum? This post has nothing to do with asking about a DIFFERENT game. It has to do with Knight Online and any information on it.
    Seriously this guy finds a way to put this game inside almost every single post he makes. Im getting tired of reading them because i know he will try to thow it in every time.

  10. #10
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32
    Igneius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MMO heaven :3
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xTRIxEDGEx View Post
    Seriously this guy finds a way to put this game inside almost every single post he makes. Im getting tired of reading them because i know he will try to thow it in every time.
    Yep. But back on subject!
    Finished downloading and installing KO and decided to take the advice here and join a newer server. So far the game looks pretty populated haven't seen much spam in terms of coin buying etc. Cash shop doesn't look p2w but more about convenience(first look so don't hold me to it) also seeing people with wings and I WANT THEM! Beginning town has changed as well which is kind of a bummer since I liked leaving the gate and just heading out into the open world of knight online. Made a warrior on the orc side(no idea name of the nation) but I am hoping to go 2hander :P

    They added 1 new class for each faction which is pretty cool! Ah the nostalgia...it's getting to me ;-;
    Shame I have to turn in early for morning shift ;-;
    But yeah games alive and kicking WELL and has quite a few servers open! Gaia being the most populated(from the looks of it). ;D

  11. #11
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 23

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    229
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    Yep. But back on subject!
    Finished downloading and installing KO and decided to take the advice here and join a newer server. So far the game looks pretty populated haven't seen much spam in terms of coin buying etc. Cash shop doesn't look p2w but more about convenience(first look so don't hold me to it) also seeing people with wings and I WANT THEM! Beginning town has changed as well which is kind of a bummer since I liked leaving the gate and just heading out into the open world of knight online. Made a warrior on the orc side(no idea name of the nation) but I am hoping to go 2hander :P

    They added 1 new class for each faction which is pretty cool! Ah the nostalgia...it's getting to me ;-;
    Shame I have to turn in early for morning shift ;-;
    But yeah games alive and kicking WELL and has quite a few servers open! Gaia being the most populated(from the looks of it). ;D

    Speaking of this game, ive always been interested in it but there is zero direction in terms of where to grind and how to do anything really. Want to play together? I think i just chose the server with the "(NEW)" in the name.

  12. #12
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 32
    Igneius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MMO heaven :3
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Haha yeah I started and got a few quest things but just went out of town and started killing stuff xD
    Never been much of a quester so yeah. But sure I am on the same server I believe(Gaia?). I'll be home in a few hours so just message me your in game name.

  13. #13
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 23

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    229
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    Haha yeah I started and got a few quest things but just went out of town and started killing stuff xD
    Never been much of a quester so yeah. But sure I am on the same server I believe(Gaia?). I'll be home in a few hours so just message me your in game name.
    You're inbox is full, so i gotta reply here.

    My IGN for Knight Online i believe is Basedx

    What times do you play?

  14. #14
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teehee; Duck Island
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Igneius View Post
    Haha yeah I started and got a few quest things but just went out of town and started killing stuff xD
    Never been much of a quester so yeah. But sure I am on the same server I believe(Gaia?). I'll be home in a few hours so just message me your in game name.

    KO is far from a quest game. Alot of grinding, takes me about 14 hours exp non stop to lvl up.

    I am in Piana, if anyone wanna joins. names are MasterPako and MrPako

  15. #15
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,893
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Lol I remember getting my weapon upgraded to like plus 19 then breaking it. I quit and never played again

  16. #16
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teehee; Duck Island
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Lol I remember getting my weapon upgraded to like plus 19 then breaking it. I quit and never played again
    max is +10, except when rebirthed.

  17. #17
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 125

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In my little box.
    Posts
    2,926
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    This is my first time of hearing of this game

  18. #18
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22
    invadertim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,838
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Remember this was the first game i figured out what Bots were haha i tried talking to a bunch of people while i was killing shit but soon found out half the community just botted.

    Loved that game tho i thought it was so awesome when i first played it


    R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

    1971-1996

    "I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

    — Tupac Shakur

  19. #19
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 35

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xKyphes View Post
    Yeah, pretty much turkish but has a really good population and some english clans in a few servers. I believe the most recent and witht he most english players is Piana. The one im in and my current account is like 700 usd+.


    Only one thing; koxpers. Aka cheaters are pretty much everywhere even if gms ban like 200+ every day, they still keep coming and gold farming.

    I'm still playing this game and still enjoy the pvp, it is one of the best system ive seen so far for pvp.
    Are you Elmorad or Karus? Also whats best race/class to choose for PVP In your opinion?

  20. #20
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    Dynabol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I have so many fond memories of this game.

    is it worth playing again from with a new account?

  21. #21
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teehee; Duck Island
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InterCityFirmWhu View Post
    Are you Elmorad or Karus? Also whats best race/class to choose for PVP In your opinion?
    I am Karus. I decided to quit my high lvl and go ardream ( 30-59 pvp zone ).

    And assassin for solo

  22. #22
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    Dynabol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    hey dude, is your server noob friendly? going to give this game 1 last shot. what's your ingame name?

  23. #23
    Heads or Tails Reputation: 18

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teehee; Duck Island
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynabol View Post
    hey dude, is your server noob friendly? going to give this game 1 last shot. what's your ingame name?
    Think game isnt really noob friendly to be honest.

    My ign is MasterPako

  24. #24
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 269
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    6,243
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by queenvoo View Post
    All of them say regnum is better than knight online. anyway.

    Return of the Queen

  25. #25
    Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10
    Dynabol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Played it for 30 mins.

    Pretty outdated, my first quest was to kill a kind of mob and it was just packed with botters farming them....

    Not to mention if you watch pvp videos it's full of people using macros.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •