anyone religious willing to answer some questions?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Never thought I'd see a Canadian asking why people say sorry.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    Just ask for forgiveness and ask Jesus into your life.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴ Reputation: 534

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    i don't ask my real parents for forgiveness every time i tell a little white lie or whatever
    Yeah well YOU SHOULD

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post

Oh hey, lokkit that! A frost giant! Your god must be a liar!

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 101

i promise not to be a dick. hopefully.

1) why should anyone have to pray for forgiveness if they haven't really done anything wrong to god? i don't ask my real parents for forgiveness every time i tell a little white lie or whatever, so i don't think it should matter to god. you should probably feel bad if you've seriously hurt someone emotionally or physically, i guess, but even then, why is that any of god's business
    it's a state of mind. in today's world where everything seems plentiful, luxurious and easy, it seems easy to just focus on life and enjoy yourselves.

but if you imagine what a world fo scarcity and want is like, then praying for forgiveness is a part of the discipline we can use everyday to help us focus on the hard work and appreciate that the hardships or difficulties or sacrifices that we make (ie: thinking about nice things to eat when we cannot have them), is worthwhile.

then the next step is easy to understand - although the world today looks easy for those living in the west - the truth is making a living for yourself and raising a family is really really hard and challenging. so praying for forgiveness for thinking about those things you want but must always sacrifice (eg: needing to be stern with your children, giving up nice clothes so u can buy your children better things etc) is just part of the discipline which helps you focus on working hard.

it's just a discipline. and the discipline becomes more relevant and useful the harder real life is. Some people pray for forgiveness, some people just pray, some people do pushups etc.
    Be warned - I am a major player of Regnum Online the mmo. I've been playing it for about 2 years and rarely go without logging in at least once a day. You can also look at good alternatives to Regnum such ase Aion online and Aika Online.

http://i.imgur.com/OR8cPqY.gif
    http://i.minus.com/iuujAXwnufVSO.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibvD03fDh31lre.jpg
    http://i.minus.com/ibwoHNBFwlmuZF.gif
    http://i.minus.com/ibcdlNG4kU0IyS.gif

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

I know discipline. I have met fiercely disciplined people. Not one of them religious.

I know a wide spectrum of religious people too. None of them have a clue what discipline is. They do not lead by example, because they can't. When they encounter a problem that is hard to deal with, they run away from it.

There is one thing Jesus definitely never was and that's religious. There is one thing he definitely never did say and that was "pray all the time, because prayer is important."
    Last edited by Ronin; 03-06-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Stay frosty.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I know discipline. I have met fiercely disciplined people. Not one of them religious.

I know a wide spectrum of religious people too. None of them have a clue what discipline is. They do not lead by example, because they can't. When they encounter a problem that is hard to deal with, they run away from it.

There is one thing Jesus definitely never was and that's religious. There is one thing he definitely never did say and that was "pray all the time, because prayer is important."

Lol, none of this has anything to do with the rest of the thread. You're just trying to pick a fight.
    Last edited by Loric; 03-06-2014 at 11:36 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

I just said what OP was already implying anyways.
    You must have a reason to read my post as "picking a fight".
    I duno what it is.

There are two topics this thread touches:
    - the practical implications of praying
    - the historical implications of praying.

The historical has been answered to completion by the original sin and is thus exhausted beyond contribution.

That's where the practical aspect comes in.
    Prayer is just pure and simple procrastination.

(And I am not picking a fight with pointing that out. I am really really far from the first man on earth to make that point.)
    Last edited by Ronin; 03-07-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Stay frosty.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

1) why should anyone have to pray for forgiveness if they haven't really done anything wrong to god?
    Because sex is evil and reincarnation is your punishment for having sex when you first incarnated as a human to help the sinful humans attain enlightenment because when you had sex in previous lives it created demons because ejaculating is evil therefore there are demons controlling your mind now which are responsible for everything bad that happens to you because they feed on your soul's energy and get more powerful by breaking and undermining your will. So you should pray to God to help you resist the influence of the demons so that you can starve them to death by not feeding them any of your soul's energy. Then you can go to heaven when you die. Otherwise you'll be reincarnated as a pig and then as a worm and then as a weed and then a rock and then all of the experience and soul energy you've accumulated over all of your lives will be absorbed into God so that you can become a flower and then a bee and then a bird and then a dog/dolphin and then a mentally retarded human and then a smart human who can pray to God so that he'll let you stop reincarnating.
    - Gnosticism as preached by Samael Aun Weor

Also, if you suffer as a flower or a dog or a tree then it's because the other person who killed you in a competition for resources for survival killed you for the greater good because you had bad karma which is why reborn souls have to reincarnate as innocent flower/animal/plant lives free of suffering so that they can grow their soul energy, which is why innocent lives don't experience suffering and any life that harms an innocent life becomes evil and accrues karma and it's ok for animals to eat each other because they all share the same soul so it's like the one that got murdered is helping the predator to continue its life and develop its soul because the prey's mission on earth was complete so it could go to heaven which is why it died. And if anything bad happens to you it is because of bad karma from your wrongdoings and sin in previous lives (sex being the pinnacle of all sin) and because horrible experiences are a growing experience so that you can learn to control yourself when the demons in your head are trying to make you do wrong things.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    Because sex is evil and reincarnation is your punishment for having sex when you first incarnated as a human to help the sinful humans attain enlightenment because when you had sex in previous lives it created demons because ejaculating is evil therefore there are demons controlling your mind now which are responsible for everything bad that happens to you because they feed on your soul's energy and get more powerful by breaking and undermining your will. So you should pray to God to help you resist the influence of the demons so that you can starve them to death by not feeding them any of your soul's energy. Then you can go to heaven when you die. Otherwise you'll be reincarnated as a pig and then as a worm and then as a weed and then a rock and then all of the experience and soul energy you've accumulated over all of your lives will be absorbed into God so that you can become a flower and then a bee and then a bird and then a dog/dolphin and then a mentally retarded human and then a smart human who can pray to God so that he'll let you stop reincarnating.
    - Gnosticism as preached by Samael Aun Weor

Also, if you suffer as a flower or a dog or a tree then it's because the other person who killed you in a competition for resources for survival killed you for the greater good because you had bad karma which is why reborn souls have to reincarnate as innocent flower/animal/plant lives free of suffering so that they can grow their soul energy, which is why innocent lives don't experience suffering and any life that harms an innocent life becomes evil and accrues karma and it's ok for animals to eat each other because they all share the same soul so it's like the one that got murdered is helping the predator to continue its life and develop its soul because the prey's mission on earth was complete so it could go to heaven which is why it died. And if anything bad happens to you it is because of bad karma from your wrongdoings and sin in previous lives (sex being the pinnacle of all sin) and because horrible experiences are a growing experience so that you can learn to control yourself when the demons in your head are trying to make you do wrong things.
    Can I have what you are smoking? Also that sounds like mild schizophrenia.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast