anyone religious willing to answer some questions?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Olpah's Object Reputation: 323
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    killjoy
    Posts
    2,787
    Rep Power
    10

    Default anyone religious willing to answer some questions?

    i promise not to be a dick. hopefully.

    1) why should anyone have to pray for forgiveness if they haven't really done anything wrong to god? i don't ask my real parents for forgiveness every time i tell a little white lie or whatever, so i don't think it should matter to god. you should probably feel bad if you've seriously hurt someone emotionally or physically, i guess, but even then, why is that any of god's business
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

  2. #2
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In my little box.
    Posts
    2,936
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    i promise not to be a dick. hopefully.

    1) why should anyone have to pray for forgiveness if they haven't really done anything wrong to god? i don't ask my real parents for forgiveness every time i tell a little white lie or whatever, so i don't think it should matter to god. you should probably feel bad if you've seriously hurt someone emotionally or physically, i guess, but even then, why is that any of god's business

    its a matter of repenting for your sins. Jesus died for us so we can forgiven of our sins. By repent of your sins. You are basicly telling god your sorry. As we all sin against god. We are born into sin sadly. There is some sins that are unforgivable. mainly blaspheming against the holy spirt. The devil and his minons job is to decive us and cause us to do wrong. But like i said we all sin. It is unavoidable. You can lock ya self in a room with no outside contact and still sin. Just ask for forgiveness and ask Jesus into your life. My self i dont even know how god still loves me for i am just bat shit crazy and am a mess

  3. #3
    Olpah's Object Reputation: 323
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    killjoy
    Posts
    2,787
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    its a matter of repenting for your sins. Jesus died for us so we can forgiven of our sins. By repent of your sins. You are basicly telling god your sorry. As we all sin against god. We are born into sin sadly. There is some sins that are unforgivable. mainly blaspheming against the holy spirt. The devil and his minons job is to decive us and cause us to do wrong. But like i said we all sin. It is unavoidable. You can lock ya self in a room with no outside contact and still sin. Just ask for forgiveness and ask Jesus into your life. My self i dont even know how god still loves me for i am just bat shit crazy and am a mess
    that doesn't really answer the question, though.

    why does god care about whether we sin?

    and why do we need to ask forgiveness for little things that wouldn't matter very much to anyone else?

    edit: Songz answered the question quite well. thanks.

    got another one:

    2) why do people bother to pray to ask god for things if god already has a divine plan and won't alter it?
    Last edited by postrook; 03-06-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Reputation: 348
    Murxidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,497
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Faith is a wonderful thing Nicholas, maybe one day you and I will be on the inside pissing out.

  5. #5
    Arri's Animal Reputation: 94
    Jaydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    3,141
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    that doesn't really answer the question, though.

    why does god care about whether we sin?

    and why do we need to ask forgiveness for little things that wouldn't matter very much to anyone else?

    edit: Songz answered the question quite well. thanks.

    got another one:

    2) why do people bother to pray to ask god for things if god already has a divine plan and won't alter it?
    I always wondered that, "lord give me strength" but what do you have to offer? Im sure merely believing in a god is not of worth... That sounds uber atheist I know, but I am slightly agnostic too, "god" is something we can't comprehend, not what is in a book.


  6. #6
    Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Loric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.
    Posts
    4,752
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Never thought I'd see a Canadian asking why people say sorry.

  7. #7
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    your not a religious type maybe or you do not even care if you are catholic the answer is in the bible and that is why they asking for forgiveness cause in the bible stated that what ever you do/did to your brother or to your sister not saying your real bro or sis its general means to all! is you do to HIM to GOD. hope it answer your query

  8. #8
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168
    Songz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    that doesn't really answer the question, though.

    why does god care about whether we sin?

    and why do we need to ask forgiveness for little things that wouldn't matter very much to anyone else?

    edit: Songz answered the question quite well. thanks.

    got another one:

    2) why do people bother to pray to ask god for things if god already has a divine plan and won't alter it?
    So I'm just going to be the only dude who actually is following the wishes of the OP in this topic and answer Postrook's next question.

    You have heard that wrong yet again. God gave us free will. He has a plan for us, but he trusts that we will make the right decisions to get there. He allows all humans to make their own decisions, and guides and helps them when they are lost.

    So if Gods plan was for "John Doe" to save people in Africa. But he started as a famous football star. When his decisions in life push him to a dark place, and he's lost. God would then guide him back onto his plan. (saving children in Africa with the huge amounts of money he made from his decision to become a football star).

    So basically, you have free will and your own choices, but God also has a default plan for you when you get lost.

    So you pray and ask God to help you with your journey, and he will grant it if it helps you follow the divine path he lead out for you.

    Honestly, God's plan is actually not even that detailed, more like: serve him, praise him, love him, and all of man kind. You can do whatever the hell you want to as long as you make him happy before you die.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

    RIP the Dawngates : (

    You can join my Minitroopers army!


    Don't you dare quote me!

    Don't you dare Rep me neither!

    I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

  9. #9
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 585
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,102
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songz
    You can do whatever the hell you want to as long as you make him happy before you die.
    That really doesn't work out.
    I suppose it's what you arrive at, if you model yourself a god to the idea of the world you have. That in essence makes god worldly. The real answer would be that god is mysterious, doesn't work in logical, or other worldly ways and cant be explained.

    Anyways, the idea of people actually believing what is written in the bible exhausts me.
    Last edited by Ronin; 03-07-2014 at 04:01 PM.

    Stay frosty.

  10. #10
    Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 605
    SnOwPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Flanders
    Posts
    12,258
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    Just ask for forgiveness and ask Jesus into your life.


    [My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •