anyone religious willing to answer some questions?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

Default anyone religious willing to answer some questions?

i promise not to be a dick. hopefully.

1) why should anyone have to pray for forgiveness if they haven't really done anything wrong to god? i don't ask my real parents for forgiveness every time i tell a little white lie or whatever, so i don't think it should matter to god. you should probably feel bad if you've seriously hurt someone emotionally or physically, i guess, but even then, why is that any of god's business
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post

1) why should anyone have to pray for forgiveness if they haven't really done anything wrong to god? i don't ask my real parents for forgiveness every time i tell a little white lie or whatever, so i don't think it should matter to god. you should probably feel bad if you've seriously hurt someone emotionally or physically, i guess, but even then, why is that any of god's business

its a matter of repenting for your sins. Jesus died for us so we can forgiven of our sins. By repent of your sins. You are basicly telling god your sorry. As we all sin against god. We are born into sin sadly. There is some sins that are unforgivable. mainly blaspheming against the holy spirt. The devil and his minons job is to decive us and cause us to do wrong. But like i said we all sin. It is unavoidable. You can lock ya self in a room with no outside contact and still sin. Just ask for forgiveness and ask Jesus into your life. My self i dont even know how god still loves me for i am just bat shit crazy and am a mess

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

I assume you're speaking about the Catholic religion.
    You do not have to pray for forgiveness. Jesus already died for all our sins. You pray to thank God, and for good fortune.

You only ever pray for forgiveness when you yourself do something wrong.

If you accidentally hit your mum in the head with a bat, you would say sorry, right?
    Well if you accidentally slept with your neighbours wife, you pray for forgiveness so you can stay on Gods good side and get into heaven when you die.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

The Undead Reputation: 448

why don't they just save it all for a really long prayer on their death bed, would save going to church every weekend when you could be spending that time sinning and stuff

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    why don't they just save it all for a really long prayer on their death bed, would save going to church every weekend when you could be spending that time sinning and stuff
    Most people save it until they're old enough to drop dead any moment.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

Playing Dawngate, LoL, and DFO

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Original sin. We're all guilty.

Dunny 2014 Updated 10/19

It's Bacon!!! Reputation: 271

why should anyone have to pray for forgiveness if they haven't really done anything wrong to god?
    Because some people have a guilt fetish.

Couldn't Take It No More
    So I Became Hardcore

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    its a matter of repenting for your sins. Jesus died for us so we can forgiven of our sins. By repent of your sins. You are basicly telling god your sorry. As we all sin against god. We are born into sin sadly. There is some sins that are unforgivable. mainly blaspheming against the holy spirt. The devil and his minons job is to decive us and cause us to do wrong. But like i said we all sin. It is unavoidable. You can lock ya self in a room with no outside contact and still sin. Just ask for forgiveness and ask Jesus into your life. My self i dont even know how god still loves me for i am just bat shit crazy and am a mess
    that doesn't really answer the question, though.

why does god care about whether we sin?

and why do we need to ask forgiveness for little things that wouldn't matter very much to anyone else?

edit: Songz answered the question quite well. thanks.

got another one:

2) why do people bother to pray to ask god for things if god already has a divine plan and won't alter it?
    Last edited by postrook; 03-06-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Super Moderator Reputation: 348

Faith is a wonderful thing Nicholas, maybe one day you and I will be on the inside pissing out.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

that doesn't really answer the question, though.

why does god care about whether we sin?

and why do we need to ask forgiveness for little things that wouldn't matter very much to anyone else?

edit: Songz answered the question quite well. thanks.

got another one:

2) why do people bother to pray to ask god for things if god already has a divine plan and won't alter it?
    I always wondered that, "lord give me strength" but what do you have to offer? Im sure merely believing in a god is not of worth... That sounds uber atheist I know, but I am slightly agnostic too, "god" is something we can't comprehend, not what is in a book.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast