upcomming diablo expansion and a quick question

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Default upcomming diablo expansion and a quick question

Wondering if anyone is planning on playing it and your thoughts on d3's future? I'm fully aware it's considered a "bust" right now especially when compared to it's predecessor, but i've read that d2 also had a slow start? Considering Blizzard is running it maybe it's got a decent chance?

I've personally played it and really like the mechanics of the game, it's really the only isometric wasd game that feels polished. I really want to try it out again because of the new crusader class. My damn account got hacked though.

Speaking of which, my quick question is if you want to play the new expansion, do you have to purchase the original game as well? I really don't feel like spending 80-100 dollars to play a game especially since i've actually already bought it and would have to re-purchase it (account got hacked).

edit: just saw they are selling a specially priced bundle for everything @ 60 bucks...not so bad

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Well yeah... you need the original game in order to play the expansion.
    So far I'm enjoying the 2.0.1 patch a lot, but I'm really interested in Adventure mode and Nephalem Rifts, so I'll probably end up buying the expansion EVENTUALLY, not at release.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

What is the nephalem rifts?

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    What is the nephalem rifts?
    Runs where everything is randomized: the map, the tileset, the light color, the monsters that appear, the end boss. It's like a completely separate dungeon. From what I have read it will be added to D3 classic, without the expansion, so that's exciting.

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    My damn account got hacked though.

...don't feel like spending 80-100 dollars to play a game especially since i've actually already bought it and would have to re-purchase it (account got hacked).
    Write a ticket to them , my bnet acc got hacked twice , both times got it back

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 131

Personally hoping D3 goes on sale soonish here. The recent patch from what I've read has made the game a lot better and worth the $40 price tag, however I still can't afford that right now sadly. I could $30 or less though, so Blizzard if you're here, psst, send me a coupon.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

The new patch definitely makes it a lot more fun now to play. Been enjoying the new Barbarian and the new Wizard a lot. You should get it when you can.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Pellet Eater Reputation: 15

It's nice that the game finally comes out of beta though I don't feel like paying another 40 Euro to get the full game. True, the loot system has been improved but in the end it's still the same, boring grindfest without any sort of end game content.

You just grind gear until you reach a point where the upgrades you can get aren't worth the effort so you stop playing because you realize there's no point in getting new gear, it's even more pointless now when you can't sell your Legendary/Set items. My guess is that most people will get bored of RoS after a month or so. What's the point of grinding gear in a game with no end game? They should at least introduce PvP to keep some people people hooked.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome and enjoy the new changes and I'm glad Blizzard finally did something with the things peple complained about since the release but I doubt 2.0 and the expansion will be enough to keep people interested in playing this game.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Personally hoping D3 goes on sale soonish here. The recent patch from what I've read has made the game a lot better and worth the $40 price tag, however I still can't afford that right now sadly. I could $30 or less though, so Blizzard if you're here, psst, send me a coupon.

https://www.g2a.com/diablo-3.html

should be in your price range

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by Yasuro View Post
    https://www.g2a.com/diablo-3.html

should be in your price range
    Hmmm I could possibly do this provided one gets in stock. Wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't early in the month still.

Thanks I'll keep an eye on this.

Edit:Found $10 at the pumps today, so if that wasn't a sign I don't know what would be. Probably wont get RoS for a few months though.
    Last edited by Acreon; 03-08-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast