this sucks

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

Default this sucks

I was speaking to a good friend of mine in Missouri and he was involved in some kinda mess that has led him into looking at fifteen years of incarceration for. I wish I could be there to attend his court date Monday, but I can't.. this is the second childhood friend of that's going to be locked up in prison.
    It's kinda crazy how a lot of the people I know growing up in Missouri give me such acclaim for being smart and stuff and not having to do the stuff they do, when I'm really all that, I'm just average.
    It's crazy cause anyone can do it, I just stay out of trouble the best I can. I just wish they were like me.

My other friend Tommy is still in prison and he's been in there since he was eighteen, (he's 25 now) not including the time he spent in juvenile which pretty much consumed his entire early teen life.

Another one to the system..
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Hate you lost another friend.

You need to talk im all ears
    You hate me? No worries death to all my enemies forgiveness is over. If you hate me so bad come to my house and we can settle it like men. Am i claiming to be a fighter? Nope but im sick of your shit. You bring your boys ill bring mine i can guarantee some one gonna leave in a body bag. Ill shove this pitch fork up ya ass and have you begging for mercy and none will come. As i roast you over the fire laughing at your burning flesh. Im sick of your shit and your threats lets settle this like men

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Understood.

People I knew in high school, even the ones everyone thought had it made, are dying, getting hooked on meth, or turning to crime. Even a few of my cousins are partaking in activities that would lead to several years in prison if the charges ever stuck.

It makes me sad to see them transformed to such scum, when at one point they were nice people with a chance.
    And for what? Just because it was a little easier.

It seems The Kids Aren't Alright.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-11-2014 at 04:40 AM.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Lost a number of my boys to heroin and the penal system.

If it wasn't violent crime he'll get pushed through faster provided he doesn't repeatedly **** up.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

As someone majoring in Criminal Justice, this makes me wonder why I'm even trying to be part of this field.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Prison system is nothing but modern slavery. Some deserve to be there but not everyone
    You hate me? No worries death to all my enemies forgiveness is over. If you hate me so bad come to my house and we can settle it like men. Am i claiming to be a fighter? Nope but im sick of your shit. You bring your boys ill bring mine i can guarantee some one gonna leave in a body bag. Ill shove this pitch fork up ya ass and have you begging for mercy and none will come. As i roast you over the fire laughing at your burning flesh. Im sick of your shit and your threats lets settle this like men

call me chicken strips Reputation: 534

Sorry to hear this is happening to your friends. Glad to hear it isn't happening to you.

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

I'd rather have messed-up law enforcement than no law enforcement. I wish more emphasis were put into criminal rehabilitation, drug addict rehabilitation, and also unrelated things like educating kids to avoid obesity/addictions, and teaching them stuff that's actually interesting (e.g. music instruments). Like... How is it so hard for policy-makers to understand the importance of rehabilitation?? It's like the sex industry, where nobody wants to hire anyone with a sex industry record or a criminal record, which just compounds/aggravates the problem. I admire the prisons where prisoners work on a dairy farm, harvest crops, tame baby birds, or perform synchronized dance. That's what I'd want to be doing if I had my free will suppressed by authorities.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

call me chicken strips Reputation: 534

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoca View Post
    I'd rather have messed-up law enforcement than no law enforcement. I wish more emphasis were put into criminal rehabilitation, drug addict rehabilitation, and also unrelated things like educating kids to avoid obesity/addictions, and teaching them stuff that's actually interesting (e.g. music instruments). Like... How is it so hard for policy-makers to understand the importance of rehabilitation?? It's like the sex industry, where nobody wants to hire anyone with a sex industry record or a criminal record, which just compounds/aggravates the problem. I admire the prisons where prisoners work on a dairy farm, harvest crops, tame baby birds, or perform synchronized dance. That's what I'd want to be doing if I had my free will suppressed by authorities.
    I don't get what this has to do with what Treybro is saying, but OK.

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.