Is it worth it to go back to FFXIV? (If not...)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 43

I believe it always is. It's just the lack of content, and massive solo grind on lower levels that really turns off. The sub is being a downside for me. But will probably resub when frontlines comes out.

Most users ever online was 6,228, 06-19-2014 at 04: 31 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

The lvl1-50 journey is the funnest, and you might enjoy the endgame, cause at release it practically forces you to grind 1 dungeon 68 times for 100philos tomes each to get one char fully geared. Now you can do the 24-man raid which weirdly enough stays fun, but you can also just do the duty roulette for the rewards.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 184

Major patch 2.2 is gonna hit at the end of this month, I'd come back around then. New storyline quests, and a wealth of new content.

42 Reputation: 35

I've been checking on FFXIV constantly wondering if it is worth it. I owned the previous version so I got to play in beta, never played past that. How much of a time sink is it?

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 45

Quote Originally Posted by couponfork View Post
    I've been checking on FFXIV constantly wondering if it is worth it. I owned the previous version so I got to play in beta, never played past that. How much of a time sink is it?
    If time what you have + money, if you not got the time don't waste your money, if you got the money and no time you could win but then your guilty of it for not doing anything to get anywhere. If you have the time and the money you on a winner. Its a very enjoyable game and lots to do, you could be there for months maybe even a year. It all depends on your game directions and approach's.
    I just can't see the point of handing over and over cash all the time, so I'm no longer in it. I recommend it to the people who can just waste away cash though.

42 Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
    If time what you have + money, if you not got the time don't waste your money, if you got the money and no time you could win but then your guilty of it for not doing anything to get anywhere. If you have the time and the money you on a winner. Its a very enjoyable game and lots to do, you could be there for months maybe even a year. It all depends on your game directions and approach's.
    I just can't see the point of handing over and over cash all the time, so I'm no longer in it. I recommend it to the people who can just waste away cash though.
    I don't have money to waste away but gaming is the one hobby I have. I'm fine with spending a few bucks a month if it's worth it.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

It's not wasting away cash if you're enjoying what you're spending your money on.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

-spends 100s a month on F2P games- Yeah...personally, I'm fine with a game limiting me to spending 15 a month to play it instead of the usual I'd pay to enhance my f2p experience x-x; That's just me and my lack of self control though

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

is there any type of trial or buddy code? i wanna try it out.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 184

It is a very content-rich game, only a bit uneven on the end-game but there will be a lot of content added with 2.2, It is really enjoyable so much that I have been playing the game casual for over six months straight now :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast