WildStar NDA dropped

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    >people complaing about race locked classes
    >Wonders how many of these same people played Lineage 2.
    You're comparing a game coming out this/next year to one over a decade old in regards to design choices... ooookay ._.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

I don't see how age factors into a comparison of Race locked classes...
    I need my dried frog pills.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Got bored by level 10, maybe the combat will be good when I get more skills

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

I actually have no problem with the art style. The game feels lifeless, though. Combat is ... a bit bland. It doesn't feel action-ish like GW2 even though GW2 uses Tabbing while WS is free-aim. GW2 combat just flows better for me.

Gonna give this a shot again I guess.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

General Manager Reputation: 353

I feel like most complaints are coming from people that played the first five levels in one sitting and walked away. I'm not normally one to get bothered by critique but if you call WildStar 'generic,' you can go wash your mouth out with soap. Carbine goes out of their way to push their features outside the typical box of MMORPG games at every turn.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

It's a sign you're a bad person if somebody else acted like you, you would hate them. - Swagger Pope

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

lmao gw2 feels as generic as rift/wow, ya do you have to press a button to use a skill sure if thats your definition of generic I agree.

Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 70

TERA Online :V

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by wazupi View Post
    lmao gw2 feels as generic as rift/wow, ya do you have to press a button to use a skill sure if thats your definition of generic I agree.
    I agree with this. I think that, in an MMORPG, there are only so many ways you can try to innovate combat and still have a playable game. There are always going to be some similarities between combat systems in MMORPGs because that's just the nature of the genre. "Generic" seems like a buzzword that people on the counter-culture side of game releases love to throw around.

I would have loved to try this game, but I don't think my laptop could handle it; perhaps this summer I'll have built a decent enough rig and if it's still going, I might give it a shot for a month and see if I like it. I hear a lot of common things from people who have tried it: character creation is a little shallow (it is in GW2, too! Or at least I thought so...), people don't like the race-locked classes, the art style is kind of in-your-face quirky which detracts from ambiance and tone, people say the classes themselves don't 'connect' with them if that makes sense (like, think of Wow. If you're a hunter, it's part of your in-game identity. You and that blue porcupine have been through a lot together, after all), the combined elements of story, ambiance and environment don't portray a sense of grandness or an impending struggle, there isn't much of an RP community (again, this is what I have been told! I have no idea)...I could go on.

I can say one thing though. Looking at videos/screencaptures of this game make me think it was conceived of mostly by looking at raw market statistics. But it's unfair for me to make judgments like this because I haven't physically played it myself, just seen some footage of it.

If anything, if/when I do play it, I will so appreciate the wardrobe system. I adore this in RIFT; even with that game's somewhat limited number of armor sets, it adds so much possibility.
    Last edited by Ophelie; 03-13-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

I dunno maybe because, after over a decade, you'd think we might have moved forward from such things? That's just me, i mean i expect progress in things, not going backwards ten years to an aspect of games which is roundly disliked by dang well everyone...

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Dave!Yognaught View Post
    I dunno maybe because, after over a decade, you'd think we might have moved forward from such things? That's just me, i mean i expect progress in things, not going backwards ten years to an aspect of games which is roundly disliked by dang well everyone...
    I'm not agreeing with the race locked class aspect, I think TESO also does this or does it with factions I'm not sure, but I think it has to do with the design of the character itself. The rat looking class is a bit too small to be running around with giant broadswords and it's probably the same reason why the nature loving class does not use guns.

Kind of a shame since I wanted a dualgun bunny girl.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast