WildStar NDA dropped

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    You can defend race/class restrictions to some extent, like if it's lore related or something. Like a "force of good" holy elf race not being able to use an evil blood magic class. But there's literally 6 classes. What good reason is there that the Aurin can't use a freakin' sword or be a healer?

Not that it matters because the game is awful anyway.

$60 box and $15 a month... *snort, chortle* it would be dead in under ~6 months even if it was F2P.
    You apparently didnt read holic's post mentioning that the classes will be available once all the animations are done.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Yeah, "some day". Not at launch or anytime soon after launch. The game will be long dead before then.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    You can defend race/class restrictions to some extent, like if it's lore related or something. Like a "force of good" holy elf race not being able to use an evil blood magic class. But there's literally 6 classes. What good reason is there that the Aurin can't use a freakin' sword or be a healer?

$60 box and $15 a month... *snort, chortle* it would be dead in under ~6 months even if it was F2P.
    It is pretty silly that classes are racelocked, especially when there aren't lore reasons. Even lore reasons are kind of stupid sometimes unless they're biologically related. Like, think of an Elder Scrolls game—it'd be dumb if you couldn't play a magic-using Redguard just because Redguard society frowns on magic and it's usually not the **most* advantageous given their base stats/race skills. There've got to be some rebels out there.

I don't really get why, with only six classes, they haven't already finished all the animations...it just seems like a game that is advertising itself as high-caliber, has a high-caliber (for most people) price and a presumably large budget would have this locked down by now.

That pricetag is unholy. :< But I guess it's worth it for some people.
    Last edited by Ophelie; 03-14-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

I love the atmosphere and the humor this game has. Didn't hold my attention long enough to keep playing tho. Mainly because I'm pretty much done with open world MMORPGs for a while. Only action games and room based games for me.
    Relax and enjoy life

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelie View Post
    It is pretty silly that classes are racelocked, especially when there aren't lore reasons. Even lore reasons are kind of stupid sometimes unless they're biologically related. Like, think of an Elder Scrolls game—it'd be dumb if you couldn't play a magic-using Redguard just because Redguard society frowns on magic and it's usually not the **most* advantageous given their base stats/race skills. There've got to be some rebels out there.

I don't really get why, with only six classes, they haven't already finished all the animations...it just seems like a game that is advertising itself as high-caliber, has a high-caliber (for most people) price and a presumably large budget would have this locked down by now.

That pricetag is unholy. :< But I guess it's worth it for some people.
    Price tag is pretty terrible, I'll give that. But why does it even matter if it's race-locked, I mean damn. This is just nit picking, so many different games are race locked. You decide to pick on Wildstar, Why? Is race-lock any worst then gender lock? Dragon nest and Aika are worst, trust me.

I don't wanna see what you vultures will be like when B&S comes out. I kind of wanna try WildStar now, I hope I get another key...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

I honestly don't understand the whole problem with class restrictions to certain races. I play WoW and have been for years, so I guess I'm used to it.

Also, on WoW, you only get like 2 offensive abilities for the first 10 levels. An example would be Priest. Smite & Shadow Word: Pain. Imagine spamming those 2 abilities for 10 levels. But by the time you hit 90, you'll have 234908123049810241902381 skills at your disposal and the majority of them just add clutter to your UI and is useless.
    Last edited by KREVA; 03-14-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    Price tag is pretty terrible, I'll give that. But why does it even matter if it's race-locked, I mean damn. This is just nit picking, so many different games are race locked. You decide to pick on Wildstar, Why? Is race-lock any worst then gender lock? Dragon nest and Aika are worst, trust me.

I don't wanna see what you vultures will be like when B&S comes out. I kind of wanna try WildStar now, I hope I get another key...
    Tbh, since this isn't a thread about those games, there is no reason for them to bring up those games as they have no relevance to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Generally, if the game has characters which would put you on an FBI watchlist, you're playing an Asian game.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by Akeras View Post
    Tbh, since this isn't a thread about those games, there is no reason for them to bring up those games as they have no relevance to the topic.
    The digression of an onrpg'r I apologize.

Going back to the original topic, I'm thinking about preordering the game. And if I don't like it, meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 32

dude..pls read up some infos befor saying smth rlly stupid. You still dont understand the payment system
    of this game. It works as f2p as well as p2p. Get some information pls. Your posts are making me angry in
    some way. You can dislike a game but to say that a game is bad just because you dislike a game is a different story.Just keep in mind. This game is actually good. Its not impressive but its good and thats a fact. If you dislike this game or not.
    It doesnt matter.
    Last edited by fenix40k; 03-14-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    http://www.onrpg.com/boards/avatars/fenix40k.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1268643051

"That's why I love OnRPG, we can spend two pages
    about arguing about swimming."

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by fenix40k View Post
    dude..pls read up some infos befor saying smth rlly stupid. You still dont understand the payment system
    of this game. It works as f2p as well as p2p. Get some information pls. Your posts are making me angry in
    some way. You can dislike a game but to say that a game is bad or to dislike a game is a different story.
    The payment system is exactly what TERA used by the way.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior · Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast