WildStar NDA dropped

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Random Chua Reputation: 47

Default WildStar NDA dropped

https://twitter.com/CRB_Anlath/statu...34539412578304

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...d_nda_lift.php

Feel free to talk about how good (or bad) WildStar is now. That is all.

(Things and stuff are happening!)

Currently playing:
    WildStar - Razzi - LV50 Chua Engineer Explorer - Envirda (Roleplaying) Server

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Pretty good game, played it for around two weeks when I got accepted last year into the beta. It's fun for what it is I suppose but not something I could see myself playing for very long. Overall it's alright and it's leagues better than some of the other games in the market, looking at you two TESO and SWTOR, but I can see it going f2p down the road.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 74

I would definitely like to talk about WildStar but I have never gotten a beta key because Carbine Studios secretly hates me. So... I guess there is nothing for me to talk about.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    I would definitely like to talk about WildStar but I have never gotten a beta key because Carbine Studios secretly hates me. So... I guess there is nothing for me to talk about.
    Apparently same with me too. Signed up a year ago or so, never got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    but I can see it going f2p down the road.
    Considering it uses the exact same payment / sub method as TERA....

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 35

i played during the last beta and from what i played i found the game boring and nothing special. first the graphics to me were just bad. they looked like the graphics from that closing game free realms. it just looked cartoony like something a child would watch on cartoon network. second the action combat is literally just GW2 combat system but you have these dumb bright colored areas showing you where your attacks and their attack are gonna hit. i guess i didn't check to see if you can turn that off so idk if you can or not but in all their trailers even you see those areas. character customization wasn't really anything special. the basic hair/secondary accessory(facial hair, etc) though lots of colors cause this game is very bright and very colorful(seriously it's like they were trying to entice 5 year olds.) then we have the p2p model which as people have stated is like other models. imo i would never pay for this game. there is nothing it's doing that makes me want to shell out money per month for. even if it went f2p i still don't see why i would download the game again and play it. now one thing i didn't get too far into was the profession that you pick when you make your char. though one little thing like that can't make up for your game being a generic,colorful,"action",mmo.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    i played during the last beta and from what i played i found the game boring and nothing special. first the graphics to me were just bad. they looked like the graphics from that closing game free realms. it just looked cartoony like something a child would watch on cartoon network. second the action combat is literally just GW2 combat system but you have these dumb bright colored areas showing you where your attacks and their attack are gonna hit. i guess i didn't check to see if you can turn that off so idk if you can or not but in all their trailers even you see those areas. character customization wasn't really anything special. the basic hair/secondary accessory(facial hair, etc) though lots of colors cause this game is very bright and very colorful(seriously it's like they were trying to entice 5 year olds.) then we have the p2p model which as people have stated is like other models. imo i would never pay for this game. there is nothing it's doing that makes me want to shell out money per month for. even if it went f2p i still don't see why i would download the game again and play it. now one thing i didn't get too far into was the profession that you pick when you make your char. though one little thing like that can't make up for your game being a generic,colorful,"action",mmo.
    yes, you can turn them all off.
    no, the combat is NOTHING like gw2, this is FREE AIM not tab-target.

the graphics are colorful, yes, but the artstyle is amazing but i guess you can't see that.
    the races are REALLY well-made.

and it's generic, but it's good generic not ESO generic.

there's a wolf in my heart

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

I heard this game is a platformer. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by reikken View Post
    I heard this game is a platformer. Is this true?
    It has platforming elements. yes.
    Unlike movement in other MMOs, movement in WildStar has actual momentum and inertia to give the game more flowing movement like in platform games. There's also double jumping, sprinting, plenty of jumping puzzles, etc.

Currently playing:

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Do they have anything like cosmetic slots yet? I still find it odd a lot of mmos don't despite it being such a great feature.

Yes, they have cosmetic slots. You can wear any kind of armor in the game as a costume piece, so if you're a heavy armor class that wants to run around in light armor, you can do that. Every piece of armor can also be dyed between three parts.

Currently playing:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast