Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WildStar NDA dropped

Game Reviewer Reputation: 47

Default WildStar NDA dropped

https://twitter.com/CRB_Anlath/statu...34539412578304

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...d_nda_lift.php

Feel free to talk about how good (or bad) WildStar is now. That is all.
    Currently playing:
    Warframe
    Overwatch

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Pretty good game, played it for around two weeks when I got accepted last year into the beta. It's fun for what it is I suppose but not something I could see myself playing for very long. Overall it's alright and it's leagues better than some of the other games in the market, looking at you two TESO and SWTOR, but I can see it going f2p down the road.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 104

I would definitely like to talk about WildStar but I have never gotten a beta key because Carbine Studios secretly hates me. So... I guess there is nothing for me to talk about.

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    I would definitely like to talk about WildStar but I have never gotten a beta key because Carbine Studios secretly hates me. So... I guess there is nothing for me to talk about.
    Apparently same with me too. Signed up a year ago or so, never got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    but I can see it going f2p down the road.
    Considering it uses the exact same payment / sub method as TERA....

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 35

i played during the last beta and from what i played i found the game boring and nothing special. first the graphics to me were just bad. they looked like the graphics from that closing game free realms. it just looked cartoony like something a child would watch on cartoon network. second the action combat is literally just GW2 combat system but you have these dumb bright colored areas showing you where your attacks and their attack are gonna hit. i guess i didn't check to see if you can turn that off so idk if you can or not but in all their trailers even you see those areas. character customization wasn't really anything special. the basic hair/secondary accessory(facial hair, etc) though lots of colors cause this game is very bright and very colorful(seriously it's like they were trying to entice 5 year olds.) then we have the p2p model which as people have stated is like other models. imo i would never pay for this game. there is nothing it's doing that makes me want to shell out money per month for. even if it went f2p i still don't see why i would download the game again and play it. now one thing i didn't get too far into was the profession that you pick when you make your char. though one little thing like that can't make up for your game being a generic,colorful,"action",mmo.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    i played during the last beta and from what i played i found the game boring and nothing special. first the graphics to me were just bad. they looked like the graphics from that closing game free realms. it just looked cartoony like something a child would watch on cartoon network. second the action combat is literally just GW2 combat system but you have these dumb bright colored areas showing you where your attacks and their attack are gonna hit. i guess i didn't check to see if you can turn that off so idk if you can or not but in all their trailers even you see those areas. character customization wasn't really anything special. the basic hair/secondary accessory(facial hair, etc) though lots of colors cause this game is very bright and very colorful(seriously it's like they were trying to entice 5 year olds.) then we have the p2p model which as people have stated is like other models. imo i would never pay for this game. there is nothing it's doing that makes me want to shell out money per month for. even if it went f2p i still don't see why i would download the game again and play it. now one thing i didn't get too far into was the profession that you pick when you make your char. though one little thing like that can't make up for your game being a generic,colorful,"action",mmo.
    yes, you can turn them all off.
    no, the combat is NOTHING like gw2, this is FREE AIM not tab-target.

the graphics are colorful, yes, but the artstyle is amazing but i guess you can't see that.
    the races are REALLY well-made.

and it's generic, but it's good generic not ESO generic.

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 44

I heard this game is a platformer. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by reikken View Post
    I heard this game is a platformer. Is this true?
    It has platforming elements. yes.
    Unlike movement in other MMOs, movement in WildStar has actual momentum and inertia to give the game more flowing movement like in platform games. There's also double jumping, sprinting, plenty of jumping puzzles, etc.
    Currently playing:
    Warframe
    Overwatch

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Do they have anything like cosmetic slots yet? I still find it odd a lot of mmos don't despite it being such a great feature.

Yes, they have cosmetic slots. You can wear any kind of armor in the game as a costume piece, so if you're a heavy armor class that wants to run around in light armor, you can do that. Every piece of armor can also be dyed between three parts.
    Currently playing:
    Warframe
    Overwatch

How does the crafting and other non-combat aspects of the game fair?

I can't really say anything about crafting. Haven't dabbled with that.
    Housing is a fun distraction but it could use some work. Biggest gripe I have with housing is that you can't place your house on a specific spot on your skyplot.
    Currently playing:
    Warframe
    Overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Mikedot View Post
    I can't really say anything about crafting. Haven't dabbled with that.
    Housing is a fun distraction but it could use some work. Biggest gripe I have with housing is that you can't place your house on a specific spot on your skyplot.
    Hmm ill have to give it a shot when the chance arises then.

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Nothing all that special, sadly. There's a lot of good ideas and a solid framework, which is more than I can say for most games.

Also, the grind. HOLY SHIT the grind. It may have just been me but overall progression seemed to move at a snails pace. This is one of the easier things to change, though, so I have hopes it'll be sped up.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Garbage. Race-specific classes, bad character designs (quirky and cartoony doesn't automatically equal good, a lot of it reminds me of DeviantArt), disgusting (and badly optimized) graphics, and just boring in general. Not worth sub

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

I would never pay the sub fee, game is too generic...
    However I would buy the box if that would be an option like GW2.

I played the game, its not really that fun, game feels lifeless, sure there are quest hubs, but most require kill x or collect x, has no real impact on the game, your not making any difference in the world.

I could get pass this if the combat wasn't mind numbing boring.

Tera/Blade & Soul do the combat way better, there is impact to every attack you make, just feels better overall, but not in wildstar.
    Last edited by Felore; 03-12-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    Nano.. Nano.. Nano..
    "NO MATTER WHERE YOU PLAN TO SPEND ETERNITY"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 123

I'm actually looking forward to the game as I like the features they implemented. I don't have a problem with the graphics or anything but the race specific classes do turn me off a bit.

Mostly all the complaints I hear are about the telegraph system and the graphics, some say the questing is is boring but so are pretty much all quests, at least these quests are short and I don't have to read a long ass essay.

Unfortunately it seems a lot of people that got into the beta didn't like it and the ones that want to play didn't get in (me being one of them).

Forum PvPer Reputation: 383

>people complaing about race locked classes
    >Wonders how many of these same people played Lineage 2.

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    It's a good thing then that game design has advanced beyond that point, isn't it? Telling people they can't play class X with race Y is antiquated design. There is no good reason I cannot be an evil rat person that is also a warrior.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefos View Post
    It's a good thing then that game design has advanced beyond that point, isn't it? Telling people they can't play class X with race Y is antiquated design. There is no good reason I cannot be an evil rat person that is also a warrior.
    There is a perfectly logical explination, in the heads of the developers.

Atleast it's not Lineage 1(which i enjoyed alot).

Sun? What Sun? Reputation: 57

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    You're comparing a game coming out this/next year to one over a decade old in regards to design choices... ooookay ._.

I don't see how age factors into a comparison of Race locked classes...

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Got bored by level 10, maybe the combat will be good when I get more skills

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

I actually have no problem with the art style. The game feels lifeless, though. Combat is ... a bit bland. It doesn't feel action-ish like GW2 even though GW2 uses Tabbing while WS is free-aim. GW2 combat just flows better for me.

Gonna give this a shot again I guess.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

General Manager Reputation: 526

I feel like most complaints are coming from people that played the first five levels in one sitting and walked away. I'm not normally one to get bothered by critique but if you call WildStar 'generic,' you can go wash your mouth out with soap. Carbine goes out of their way to push their features outside the typical box of MMORPG games at every turn.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research