Dubs is thinking again but relgion again

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Default Dubs is thinking again but religion again

So i was talking to trey last night. About religion and other stuff. As you guys know i am a christian but before you stop there let me say something. My beliefs aren't traditional. I read the bible yes. But not all the time. But i cannot help but to question things. In the bible it says if you don't believe in Jesus and accept hims as your savior your going to hell right? but why is that. dose this mean everyone in the world is going to hell because they either don't believe in Jesus are the christian god? there is so many faiths in this world. Some don't even believe in a afterlife. Why is it only those of the christian faith get to go to heaven. I just don't see it. There was faiths before Judaism. Christianity and Islam. Before the christian god was even mentioned. Dose this mean they automatically go to hell? i really cannot grasp the idea of everyone going to hell. It dose not fit in the puzzle. Like trey said if you think about it everyone is going to hell. Because what faith is right and which is wrong? It really don't add up it just don't. My self i believe in a supreme being yes. And i prey to him. But who really is god? who is jesus. people know god in there own way. Some call him different names. what is the afterlife. what is hell. is it really a place of torment.Or is it a place for the dead to rest. What is heaven. Is it a place to be in peace and be with your loved one. I don't see it. There is so many cases of near death experiences. I just watched a video not to long ago on a study of ndes. They hooked the dead person up. and watched the brain waves. He was brain dead. But as soon as his blood pressure went to zero. His brain waves spiked for three minutes. Which is what they think of as a nde. As from i have read many many times. Ndes only last 3 mins. So then what? What happens after. Do we just rot. Are we reborn into a new life. Are is there a spirit world where we all go :which is what i believe: hell very well could be real. Same with heaven. But i think the bible got it a little wrong. There is still places in this world. Where they have not even heard of god. Nor Jesus. So i guess they go straight to hell right? any ways that is enough i don't want other to change there beliefs. and i could keep writing this post but i will leave here. if i am wrong on what i am typing then may the lord forgive me.
    Last edited by duby; 03-14-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

so long as you're not thinking about religion

anyways, i don't know.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    so long as you're not thinking about religion
    i cant spell. and when you put a post name there is no spell check forgot to look up the word first this time

Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

it's ok, i noticed you spelled it fine in your post. was just kidding.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    it's ok, i noticed you spelled it fine in your post. was just kidding.
    oh..okay

yea just thought i would post whats on my mind. i just cant help. to question everything.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    In the bible it says if you don't believe in Jesus and accept hims as your savior your going to hell right? but why is that. dose this mean everyone in the world is going to hell because they either don't believe in Jesus are the christian god?
    Children do not go to hell. We can choose to follow God by following the teachings in his holy word the Bible, or reject God by disregarding the Bible's teachings in our daily lives. We go to hell because Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit and so God killed his son as a sacrifice so that the sins we inherited from Adam and Eve can be forgiven. You have to believe in Jesus so that he can forgive your sins. To be safe you should also believe in every other God whose followers tell you you are going to hell if you don't believe in their God, because if they are right then you are screwed!

Some don't even believe in a afterlife. Why is it only those of the christian faith get to go to heaven.
    There are many levels of religion. Other religions have merely copied the words of false prophets. People who follow false religion can still go to heaven if they are very sincere and faithful to God, but worshipping the one true religion is the best way to reach heaven. God loves everyone, but people in inferior religions have twisted beliefs so you should show them the light by converting them to your religion so that they can go to heaven instead of being tempted by corrupted belief systems. Islam is responsible for a lot of war because they do not follow the Bible, you should feel sorry for all the people who do not follow the Bible because they won't have their sins forgiven. Of course, a really really warmhearted Islamic individual can go to heaven because Jesus wants us to be free.

i really cannot grasp the idea of everyone going to hell. It dose not fit in the puzzle. Like trey said if you think about it everyone is going to hell. Because what faith is right and which is wrong?
    Well just imagine that everyone is a ghost controlling our human brains and when we die God transfers this ghost to hell so that a red-skinned goat-horned demon named Satan can poke us with a pitchfork while burning us with fire. You wouldn't want to experience that for all of eternity would you? So follow God's word.

What is heaven.
    Just read Dante's Inferno. It gives a reliable description of heaven and hell.

Is it a place to be in peace and be with your loved one. I don't see it.
    You can't. It's imaginary.

There is so many cases of near death experiences. I just watched a video not to long ago on a study of ndes. They hooked the dead person up. and watched the brain waves. He was brain dead. But as soon as his blood pressure went to zero. His brain waves spiked for three minutes. Which is what they think of as a nde. As from i have read many many times. Ndes only last 3 mins. So then what? What happens after.
    You run out of oxygen and all of the cells in your brain die and decompose. "From dust you came and to dust you return."

is there a spirit world where we all go :which is what i believe:
    Yes. It's in another dimension that overlaps with our own because String Theory!

But i think the bible got it a little wrong.
    Nope. The Bible is always right. You are just being influenced by demons that are trying to make you stray from the path of enlightenment. And soulless atheists - you shouldn't associate yourself with soulless atheists because they don't believe in God and they're not going to heaven. All soulless people are evil. Don't listen.

i guess they go straight to hell right?
    Nope. You need a soul to go to hell.

if i am wrong on what i am typing then may the lord forgive me.
    You shouldn't think about paradoxes. Just have faith in God and everything will be ok. It is evil of you to question God's word the Bible. You should repent by giving me money, so that Jesus will see your generosity and forgive your questionable lack of faith.

P.S. Yes, I was 100% trolling. But not as hard as religion is trolling you.

P.P.S. Know when to blindly agree with someone if they get upset at you for asking difficult questions. Otherwise it may hurt your social life. A LOT

EDIT: When you die, you stop thinking. Since it takes time and electrical impulses for thoughts to travel to different parts of our brain, thinking takes time. Imagine pausing the universe in time, and think of yourself as a collection of electrical signals, which are traveling and reverberating along thought-patterns that have been engraved into the flexible nervous system of an animal that evolved from fish and single-cellular organisms. The organisms that could separate themselves as separate from the world passed-on an instinctive tendency to identify themselves as unique, and to differentiate themselves from their surroundings. Through this instinctive drive programmed into the offspring of surviving organisms which were randomly produced from energy and matter remaining from the big bang as well as the selection mechanism of survival of the fittest whereby the organisms less adept at reproducing and survival all died before passing on their genes... Through this instinctive drive, as well as the electrical impulses from the body's nervous system to the brain due to its environment, the brain in your body was able to rationalize its own existence, and assign itself an identity. This is something I call consciousness. When the brain stops thinking, the consciousness of that brain stops existing. So when the brain stops, it's like being asleep indefinitely. It is like falling asleep and staying forever locked like that, without being able to exist because the universe has moved-on and you rely on time to think, and when you no longer have a brain and the passage of time to facilitate your thinking, then you are no longer conscious. Consciousness can only exist in the present. Everyone who has lived before you is now just decomposed carbon. The same as your keyboard or desk. But desks cannot think. They cannot feel. They cannot perceive. They cannot think of themselves as people, because desks do not have brains. When you die, you become a desk. (In my opinion.)

By the way, if my last paragraph is causing an extreme amount of frustration and conflictedness... Sorry. It's called cognitive dissonance because people's brains learn and sometimes in that process of learning, the person you thought is "You" gets washed-away in the network of rational thought, and becomes irrelevant, in favor of a self-identity that is more consistent with reality. Right before our perception of ourselves shifts, we have the option to commit suicide. Everyone tells me off for believing that people should have the right to suicide... Well it doesn't matter. You will die. All of us do. If you can find something meaningful to do before you die then do it. Or die trying.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 03-14-2014 at 04:24 AM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

I really cant help to question. I guess if hell is a real place. then i am damned

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

I really cant help to question. I guess if hell is a real place. then i am damned
    The safest thing to do is to look at Pascal's wager... If you believe in certain god, and you're right, you get an eternity of bliss. If you don't and you're right, you get nothing. Therefore the safest bet is to believe in a benevolent, but incredibly dick-ish god!

If there are an almost infinite, or infinite, amount of gods (each with no evidence for, or against, them), and some are exclusionary, then the safest thing to do is believe in them the ones that exclude the others and cross your fingers when mentioning any of the other nameless, numberless, gods that exclude each other. This way allows you to earn the favour of each, and every (except for those who would punish those who make this deceitful gambit) deity, which allows you to pretty much ensure that you have an afterlife of bliss (unless the one of the gods you pray to is the true god and they only want suffering for those that pray to them, which is just as likely [and proven] of any of the gods that want you to have eternal bliss while your loved ones suffer, or the ones that want you to drink chocolate milk for six years before you explode into a star made of tofu).

TLR - just don't be an asshat for those who we can actually observe suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.