Which one do you prefer: Infinite Crisis or SMITE?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 12

Ignore the haters. I CB'd all 3. Despite obvious fanservice to DC multi-verse IC is a decent moba. And it isn't turbines first moba either. They made guardians of middle earth which is the only moba worth playing on the consoles. Intill recently all characters were quite diverse and useful but a recent balance patch nerfed the support skills of a few popular supports by a lot. Item system is interesting and so is its take on the rune system of lol/gome.

Smite is a great game with good support from it's devs. Decent moba decent paced 3rd person action game. It's got all the niche's you'd think a 3rd person moba would have without anything too lousy (e.g multiple terrian elevations). It's a good game but it might be hard for you to get into it as the skill cap is quite high for competitive gamers.

Dawngate. Well i dunno if NDA is dropped but I can tell you it's quality and not a sham lol clone despite similar looks. There's already a good number of really unique "shapers" to choose from. It's nowhere near finished but damn this is a moba too look out for.

*edit* oh and IC isn't a 2 lane dom map only. There's traditional 3 lane and a big jungle 2 lane map along with the dom map gotham heights.
    Last edited by GhettoJesus; 03-15-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

WASD combat Smite or if you want something harder you have to jump into dota

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

choose smite

i've played just about every other moba and the controls and animations are just dull and sluggish and just plain awkward

the only ones that feel right are Dota and League - dota being better.

so if i had to choose between smite and IC i'd go with smite - i really enjoyed it - it is different and refresher but the new community ruins pubbing

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Dota 2

cuz screw y'all

Praise Lord Gaben

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    They're both really shitty games. Then again I just feel like every "moba" game is just shit nowadays. Smite is pretty god awful even for a moba and IC is literally just fanservice at its worst, not to mention it ripped off League's map and game mode with just adding "environment destruction"

Sorry but have you actually played IC?
    How is Gotham Divided like Summoner's Rift?
    I don't see Baron, I don't see a Dragon, I don't see the map being diagonal, I don't see Flash and Ignite being the only spells ever used.
    Every moba has the same game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenEmblem View Post
    Infinite Crisis is literally just a DC Universe reskin of League's Dominion game type. They copy the map layout exactly, right down to brush placement, and the characters' kits are pretty much entirely uninspired ripoffs of various League champions. It also suffers from god awful input lag that makes the game pretty much unplayable.
    Again, have you actually played IC?
    Tell me Gotham Divided is a rip off of Summoner's Rift.
    It's not like the kits in LOL are the most original kits ever made in a MOBA, Blitcrank = Pudge etc. It's not a valid complaint.
    Last edited by mikejaxer; 03-17-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

Quote Originally Posted by mikejaxer View Post
    Again, have you actually played IC?
    Tell me Gotham Divided is a rip off of Summoner's Rift.
    It's not like the kits in LOL are the most original kits ever made in a MOBA, Blitcrank = Pudge etc. It's not a valid complaint.
    I didn't say it was a ripoff of Summoner's Rift. I said it's a ripoff of Dominion, which is on the Crystal Scar map. And yes, it is a valid complaint; only a very small handful of champs in League are heavily based off of DotA heroes. For the most part, champion kits in League are original ideas. From what I've seen and played of IC, I haven't seen very many abilities that are unique to the game, and the ones that are are really uninspired and boring.

I've played enough of the game to know it was garbage and uninstalled it.

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 12

I dunno when you played & deleted IC. I can only guess it was when it was only 8 heros & unpolished GH to play with. But now theres 3 maps and just under 30 champions now. I'm not saying all champions are wholly unique. I don't think anyone offered that point for IC. There is diversity even if all the batmen renditions share related kits(batarang/dash). Anyway as somebody that didn't like the game & play it much before OB yet alone release how can you call yourself a good judge.

Also Dawngate is where there's a plethora of refreshing new idea's that I'm not sure I can discuss due to NDA.

Also dota 2 is obviously a great game. I don't think the TC wanted people to contest smite or IC with dota 2 as its not a competition. Maybe he a pub that just wants a lil break from dota.
    Last edited by GhettoJesus; 03-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12