Any MMOs With Crafting?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Any MMOs With Crafting?

    Do you know of any mmo with good, meaningful crafting? Where the things you craft actually mean something to the economy and is deeper than the plain click a button and make 20 copies of the same items using a recipe? I'm searching for a game that hopefully has deep crafting. I actually liked Mortal Online's crafting, where it is totally free form and you can choose any material into the slots, so there are no recipes because you make them yourself. But I'm not sure if I liked the rest of the game so much. Is there any other games with similar crafting? What is your favorite crafting system?

  2. #2
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 33
    firemonk98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    From what I've seen and heard but I can't say from personal experience, Vanguard has a pretty in-depth crafting system. I don't know too much about the specifics but it's worth a shot as in all honesty, there's no MMO where crafting makes a HUGE impact on the game. It's simply a trade that people do for money or in most cases, it's not even worthwhile.

  3. #3
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80
    ASNZern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,609
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I think ESO has meaningful crafting. FFXIV's crafting kinda sucks though, as in not worthwhile...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---


  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188
    Phenoca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    5,708
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Runescape, EVE Online, and Entropia Universe all have profitable crafting (if you have studied the economy). Runescape is free, EVE is $7/month, and Entropia costs about $200 to get started. It's all very repetitive, which is why crafting is done by bots.

    EDIT: Try A Tale in the Desert or Xsyon.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 03-16-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

  5. #5
    Fat Bowser Reputation: 33
    firemonk98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Runescape's crafting isn't really meaningful, about 98% of creatable items can easily be bought for cheap and the remaining 2% are usually untradeable but don't offer a substantial enough amount of benefit to be worth making.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •