Any MMOs With Crafting?

Hybrid View

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Any MMOs With Crafting?

Do you know of any mmo with good, meaningful crafting? Where the things you craft actually mean something to the economy and is deeper than the plain click a button and make 20 copies of the same items using a recipe? I'm searching for a game that hopefully has deep crafting. I actually liked Mortal Online's crafting, where it is totally free form and you can choose any material into the slots, so there are no recipes because you make them yourself. But I'm not sure if I liked the rest of the game so much. Is there any other games with similar crafting? What is your favorite crafting system?

Fat Bowser Reputation: 33

From what I've seen and heard but I can't say from personal experience, Vanguard has a pretty in-depth crafting system. I don't know too much about the specifics but it's worth a shot as in all honesty, there's no MMO where crafting makes a HUGE impact on the game. It's simply a trade that people do for money or in most cases, it's not even worthwhile.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

I think ESO has meaningful crafting. FFXIV's crafting kinda sucks though, as in not worthwhile...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Runescape, EVE Online, and Entropia Universe all have profitable crafting (if you have studied the economy). Runescape is free, EVE is $7/month, and Entropia costs about $200 to get started. It's all very repetitive, which is why crafting is done by bots.

EDIT: Try A Tale in the Desert or Xsyon.
    Last edited by Phenoca; 03-16-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

Fat Bowser Reputation: 33

Runescape's crafting isn't really meaningful, about 98% of creatable items can easily be bought for cheap and the remaining 2% are usually untradeable but don't offer a substantial enough amount of benefit to be worth making.