Favorite TV Shows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

My brother introduced a TV show to me but I didn't want to watch because he said it was a political drama thus I thought it would be boring. He made me watched the first episode and wow crap is "House of Cards" good. It's a political drama where this one guy was promised he'll become the treasurer of the US but was betrayed by the president-elect who promised the position. This lead the main actor to plot his revenge. So much corruption, manipulation, betrayal, affairs, and other stuff going on in this drama.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Yeah. House of Cards has nothing but good reviews. I have to start it at some point. lol

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I keep meaning to catch-up on Supernatural. I NEED CLOSURE, DAMMIT.

Also Spongebob. I will never stop watching Spongebob.

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

Breaking bad was very good.
    I personally liked the killing (still like it tons).
    True detective is very very good.
    I really found the second season of house of cards was a pretty pointless experiance imo.
    West wing is a great show, just good TV.
    I liked the mighty boosh a lot, hilarious to me.
    TgoT... Well, just like the books. It's dissapointing that it never goes anywhere.
    Archer was fun, duno, if I dig the latest few episodes.
    Californiacation, great, but pretty soon, well jumped the shark.
    Sons of Anarchy, jumped the shark soon.
    Dexter, jumped the shark to ultimate sucession.

The thing is most TV shows get dragged on for way too long. Some start good, some pick up some speed... most just get dragged out far too long. I was so happy when Borgen ended. Just at the edge of the cliff. It's best thought when shows end, before that cliff is even in sight. When there is some wanting left. Usually that doesn't happen though.

So @ true detective, casue I am watching that right now: The dialog, the visuals, the acting, pure art. Very very good. Reminds me of the killing in a way, but the killing hat wasn't up to par at all of this parts (less of a guys show though which was a great relieve to see once in a bloody while). Whit the killing, the story was art, to me at least. All 3 seasons of it. So I still have to see if the story is coming through on the promise, with the true detective, so far it looks good. So far, it's deep to a level I haven't seen since Apocalypse now, at illustrating the contradictory nature of humanity. That imo is a real acomplishment.

One thing is certain though:
    TV is stepping up it's game. I don't know when I saw a movie lately that was just as good as some TV shows we get today.
    Last edited by Ronin; 03-19-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Stay frosty.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    TgoT... Well, just like the books. It's dissapointing that it never goes anywhere.
    I hear ya. I'm almost halfway through the fourth book, and it just feels like nothing ever gets resolved. They just keep pouring new conflict on top of old conflict.

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

I dvr

Adventure Time
    Archer
    Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Workaholics
    Check it out with dr Steve brule

Uhhhhhhh I think that's it. I did walking dead but gave up on it. As far as shows I love and watch non stop on Netflix...king of the hill, trailer park boys, futurama, arrested development, parks and rec. I let them run for background noise in my house all day. Ive seen them all indirectly literally like 10 times. Every episode every season lol. I have some stuff on dvd. Beavis and butthead, sealab, aqua teens.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Prison Break and Lost also jumped it after the first 1-2 seasons. Sucked afterwards but kept going.

While awesome shows like Firefly, The Dresden Files, Legend of the Seeker didn't get renewed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12