mmos where GEAR define you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Nah, I'm rank 195 GM in Sc2. Come at me bro.


    ... yeah... you might wanna back that up unless you are just bluffing.
    Geez, people just try and pick fights over the Internet. First off, my post was directed to someone who told me I lack skill to rebut the fact that his assumption was wrong.

    You talk as if my post was directed to you. That's like two people on the street arguing and you randomly join their argument saying, come at me bro I'm amazing. No one was talking to you, sounds like someone is desperately trying to show this forum how good he is at video games.

    Also for you to imply you are more skilled than me because you play starcraft relatively well (props to whatever 195 gm means, I'm sure it's a solid rank, wouldn't know since I've never played sc) is like being a solid baseball player saying he's more athletic than me who would, in this analogy, be a solid football player. I mean really? Why randomly respond to a post that had nothing to do with you as if it were directed to you?

  2. #12
    Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    Geez, people just try and pick fights over the Internet. First off, my post was directed to someone who told me I lack skill to rebut the fact that his assumption was wrong.

    You talk as if my post was directed to you. That's like two people on the street arguing and you randomly join their argument saying, come at me bro I'm amazing. No one was talking to you, sounds like someone is desperately trying to show this forum how good he is at video games.

    Also for you to imply you are more skilled than me because you play starcraft relatively well (props to whatever 195 gm means, I'm sure it's a solid rank, wouldn't know since I've never played sc) is like being a solid baseball player saying he's more athletic than me who would, in this analogy, be a solid football player. I mean really? Why randomly respond to a post that had nothing to do with you as if it were directed to you?
    Hes not a ranked 195 GM in SC2. He was mocking you because he didn't believe your GW2 rank, which is understandable.

  3. #13
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Nah, I'm rank 195 GM in Sc2. Come at me bro.


    ... yeah... you might wanna back that up unless you are just bluffing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoman979 View Post
    Hes not a ranked 195 GM in SC2. He was mocking you because he didn't believe your GW2 rank, which is understandable.
    Ah, yeah thanks for the explanation, read his post in a different context. Yeah he does have the right to say that then, understandable since the only screenshot I have of are scores from matches. Unfortunately gw2 doesn't save/archive leaderboard ranks, since it's been a while since I played.

    Regardless, would really like to hear some more information in regards to the original post!

  4. #14
    Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10
    amalager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    I'd say Ragnarok online. But don't play on servers that has those advance classes like Rune Knights and Creators. That patch is OP and unbalanced. Play on servers that only offers the rebirth patch--ie Gypsies, Bard, Assassin Cross, etc. That's the most balanced patch I've played and to be good on both PVE and PVP, you rely most of the time on your gears. The skill's damage output is also influenced by gears/weapons as well.

    Almost all MMORPGs rely on gears but I haven't tried all of them so I can only suggest the following:

    •Ragnarok Online
    •MU
    •Ran Online
    •Granado Espada
    •Eclipse War Online
    •RF Online
    •Cabal

    But these days, it's more of like this:
    Last edited by amalager; 03-17-2014 at 01:45 AM.

  5. #15
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93
    darkness35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    Ah, yeah thanks for the explanation, read his post in a different context. Yeah he does have the right to say that then, understandable since the only screenshot I have of are scores from matches. Unfortunately gw2 doesn't save/archive leaderboard ranks, since it's been a while since I played.

    Regardless, would really like to hear some more information in regards to the original post!
    Yeah my apologies, I didn't mean it in a way mocking you. I was (and probably) suspect about your rank though :P


    Also fyi, I'm only a silver scrub :P Forever silver D:

  6. #16
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    Sounds like you're one who makes poor decisions due to assumptions. Top 100 ranked in gw2 spvp + Cal invite in various fps when it was around. Tell me you have better pvp skill then that.
    shush trag

  7. #17
    ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14
    Mario87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,395
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Pretty much any facebook game. Or any game with a gear score rather. The newest one being Aura Kingdom. No skill required just have good gear and you can mindless dominate in pvp.
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

    IGN: Neclord

  8. #18
    Ride em’ Yoshi Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amalager View Post
    I'd say Ragnarok online. But don't play on servers that has those advance classes like Rune Knights and Creators. That patch is OP and unbalanced. Play on servers that only offers the rebirth patch--ie Gypsies, Bard, Assassin Cross, etc. That's the most balanced patch I've played and to be good on both PVE and PVP, you rely most of the time on your gears. The skill's damage output is also influenced by gears/weapons as well.

    Almost all MMORPGs rely on gears but I haven't tried all of them so I can only suggest the following:

    •Ragnarok Online
    •MU
    •Ran Online
    •Granado Espada
    •Eclipse War Online
    •RF Online
    •Cabal

    But these days, it's more of like this:
    LOVE that image Hahahaha. Thanks for this list though! I heard of mu rebirth? Know anything about that?

    Quote Originally Posted by darkness35 View Post
    Yeah my apologies, I didn't mean it in a way mocking you. I was (and probably) suspect about your rank though :P


    Also fyi, I'm only a silver scrub :P Forever silver D:
    Definitely understandable.

    On another note..
    Most isometric games are gear dependant, any isometric games out there that use wasd movement?
    Last edited by -JK-; 03-17-2014 at 08:24 AM.

  9. #19
    Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    I think many people are missing the context in which you say "gear". For me, building gear is half of the end-game activity (the other half being PvP). When you say, "gear-dependent", that means to me that you spend six months, or even years, building one set of gear; a unique set of gear, that nobody else possesses. Taking a basic item and refining it into something godly. When you spend that much time on such an activity, you fully expect to slaughter casuals (who have only spent two or three months building their gear). That is the advantage of gear. Skill is only part of PvP; dedication to bettering your equipment is the rest. And a good team of course.

    Sadly I'm still looking for another game that treats gear with such importance. Building gear keeps me playing.

  10. #20
    Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80
    ASNZern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,649
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Most MMORPG relies on gears. Like WoW, and Rift, and SWTOR. Same with ESO, Wildstar and FFXIV. Even WAKFU and Allods and a crap ton more.
    If you gotta change gears every level or two for a bit more of Strength or Vitality, then there you go.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •