ArcheAge goes F2P model. Trion + Beta signup

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    How so? /10chars
    They changed a ton of things and made it so you had to just run end game dungeons to get gear rather than doing the trading routes and other things that were more sandbox-like.

It seems like NA/EU (3 languages for AA by Trion) will end up eventually getting the 1.0 update, or possibly even right at launch or closed beta. Trion says it is hopeful that XL will listen to the players in all of its versions and by the time it releases here have it all balanced and ready to go.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Area 52 Horde)

Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    They changed a ton of things and made it so you had to just run end game dungeons to get gear rather than doing the trading routes and other things that were more sandbox-like.

It seems like NA/EU (3 languages for AA by Trion) will end up eventually getting the 1.0 update, or possibly even right at launch or closed beta. Trion says it is hopeful that XL will listen to the players in all of its versions and by the time it releases here have it all balanced and ready to go.
    Ah, that's a bit of a bummer. It's good to have raids but if they truly do make the sandboxy stuff irrelevant that would be sad.
    I'll still be hopeful though, the Russian OB was very fun. The starting area can take a bit(as it's themeparky) but once you're given the freedom to do as you please it's really quite enjoyable.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Let's just hope it doesn't end up as "Free to play" as the other versions.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

やめてください! Reputation: 296

I'm more than certain I can't run it with my current PC but it doesn't hurt to try if I ever get into beta.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 98

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    I'm more than certain I can't run it with my current PC but it doesn't hurt to try if I ever get into beta.
    I highly doubt Archeage will be that intensive on the CPU. Most games nowadays have Very Low settings for people with poor graphic systems.

Now, if you want intense requirements, check out Star Citizen.. That game looks amazing but is SUPER harsh on the CPU.. It'll likely require a VERY good game to even play at all. I'm actually skeptical that if I played Star Citizen that my CPU would be able to handle it.
    Playing: World of Warcraft (Area 52 Horde)

Waiting for:

GTA 5 PC (Pre-Ordered)
    Everquest Next

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I have been playing AA for about two weeks now. It's a great game. However, it isn't a sandbox game.
    It's a theme-park with some cool features and restricted sandbox elements; it's fairly linear.

The game I can relate it to most is Rift.
    So, think Rift with areas of the map set aside for non-instanced player houses, a naval system, and gliders.

It worries me a little that Trion will be publishing two games that are so similar.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-18-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 11

In a way you could said its SEMI sandbox with where you can place your house, choose how to lvl by quest or trade/crafting xD

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

It's such a fun game, it's easy to get swept away and not really realize you're at a theme-park.
    In reality, there are tons of restrictions to what you can do / where you can do it and pretty much everything is reliant on combat levels.
    Players do not have a major effect on the game world.

I'll make a friendly challenge for anyone to list a few examples of how ArcheAge is less of a sandbox experience than Rift.

Off Topic:
    Star Citizen is being designed based on the average(expected) gaming rig in 2016-2017.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-18-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 45

Hey guys thought I'd let you ramp. In regards to the title of this thread some people mocked it, as is expected here. Trion version was not going to be F2P at first, this decision was made very recently and is "NEWS", The reason why they went f2p instead of Trion's plan to go p2p is because of the success of the Russian beta that's running now, which I'm in.
    Also anyone wanting to try it Russian beta can not as they block you now, unless you go vpn or some madcap way of getting around a block..
    Apart from making the above statement on behalf of my thread, I've re-edited the main post to include and have bumped this to let you know a new forum has opened over at trion ArcheAge site, so head on over if your into this game. THE TRION ARCHEAGE FORUM LINK <----
    Cheers and as I always try to say..
    Happy gaming.
    Last edited by DarkLight; 03-22-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

so if you already play on the russian server will there be any point to migrate to trion's EU/NA?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast