ArcheAge goes F2P model. Trion + Beta signup

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by goawaybeavis View Post
    so if you already play on the russian server will there be any point to migrate to trion's EU/NA?
    A majority of the English-speaking community will probably migrate simply because we'll be able to get decent pings. A fresh start is usually quite fun, as well.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50

I deliberately didn't get very far on the russian version so that I wouldn't have to re-make everything once Trion gets their sh** together :P

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 17

I played to level 50 but didn't do that much crafting (up to level 40 set), I'll go full out in the EU

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    It's such a fun game, it's easy to get swept away and not really realize you're at a theme-park.
    In reality, there are tons of restrictions to what you can do / where you can do it and pretty much everything is reliant on combat levels.
    Players do not have a major effect on the game world.

I'll make a friendly challenge for anyone to list a few examples of how ArcheAge is less of a sandbox experience than Rift.
    similar..to.. rift?
    what
    what??? no
    did you play archeage? lol be honest

when a game presents sandbox elements, it's up to you to make of it as you will.
    there's no true sandbox per se, because sandbox is what you want it to be.
    do you want to be a farmer? go ahead. a mercenary? pirate? sure.
    there are a lot of things you can do in the game that aren't part of its 'features' and that's what makes the sand in sandpark.

also, combat level doesn't matter a whole lot, because the game is focused around /group/ play. 2 level 30's can easily beat a 50 that isn't decked out the whazoo with crafted gear.

there's a wolf in my heart

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Edited news on first post see here <---

No NDA on alpha.

Also, this is a useful thread

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-findings-here

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 36

Must have been living under a rock to not see this. I even signed up for Trove in December.
    Homepage | DA page | My first Flash game >=( | Favorite Flash | Random YT Vid

+ Zappa has died. Lest us forget... +

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    similar..to.. rift?
    did you play archeage? lol be honest
    I'm still playing the RU version. Have you? If you have maybe you haven't had time to see through the shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    I'm still playing the RU version. Have you? If you have maybe you haven't had time to see through the shiny?
    It's not a huge sandbox but it still has quite a few sandbox elements. While RIFT has pretty much none.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

A theme park game's features craft the experience for the player.
    A sand box game's features allow the player to craft the experience.

Classes: ArcheAge and Rift both allow to mix and match many talent trees for unique builds. ArcheAge offers 120 combinations. Rift offers 336.

PvP: ArcheAge and Rift both offer open world PvP where you can gank who you like. ArcheAge does allow same faction ganking, which stays in one level 30 zone on each side. PvP usually involves ganking back and forth until enough people show up to have a South Shore style brawl. Fun, but not sandbox.

Housing: Both Rift and ArcheAge offer player housing. Rift's is instanced but offers much greater customization. ArcheAge's is non-instanced but is area specific. Essentially meaning you can see it other people stuff but it doesn't really mean anything. It just adds an illusion of sandbox.

Crafting: Both games feature a collect and craft system.

Trade: ArcheAge trade runs are essentially quests that allow you to drop your quest items on death. It adds a bit of risk, but not really sandbox.

Questing: Both are linear experiences.

Leveling: Both rely on questing and grinding. You do gain experience from crafting in ArcheAge but leveling like that is veeery inefficient. More so if you don't have a decent combat level to access the better quality gather areas. It comparable to the guy spending 4 months leveling his WoW Panda to 80 doing nothing but gathering.

In either game you can hop around and roleplay but both games are about the same when it comes to restrictions.
    I am not saying ArcheAge isn't fun, it's fun. So much that people don't realize they're playing a theme park game. So really there's no point in arguing about it. The game works.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 04-10-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast