ArcheAge goes F2P model. Trion + Beta signup

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by Viney1 View Post
    The truth is.. ArcheAge used to be a Sandbox MMO, but it has become a Theme Park. Many of the sandbox functions have been replaced with more streamlined functions that are easier for normal players to understand. It does indeed feel like a normal MMO, but with some extra functions (like any game since every game has at least some extra features). The 1.0 patch makes it even more streamlined, and there is still a possibility that even more will be removed or replaced.

In my opinion, ArcheAge is now a confusing Theme Park MMO with some sandbox features that are still poorly executed and confusing. The game is less focused on crafting and gathering, and more focused on traditional aspects of an MMO.
    you do know the only changes were; no delphic from trading, new daily quests, more safezones.
    that's pretty much all 1.0 did, lol.
    best gear is still crafted etc., raid gear is only as good as tier 2? i think.

the thing that makes a game a sandbox isn't solely its features.
    e.g in archeage if you want to be a mercenary/pirate/farmer etc. you can.
    the game doesn't say 'no, you HAVE to do this or this' (pretty much every mmo lol). instead it lets you do what you enjoy doing.
    1.0 may have hurt that in some regards, but not as much as people like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

I'd actually prefer if they made the best gear obtainable from mobs and bosses. I want to be a warrior, not a farmer.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by goawaybeavis View Post
    I'd actually prefer if they made the best gear obtainable from mobs and bosses. I want to be a warrior, not a farmer.
    What's the difference? Run a dungeon a hundred or so times for an epic piece of gear or save up your money to buy it from a player. Both different means, about equal in terms of difficulty and work required to obtain, but one adds to the game and the other is just a one-person time sink.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Rock Man Reputation: 10

That'll just leave a repetitive gameplay, similar experience from FFXIV. It's best to leave options to allow players to mix and match gears that can be obtainable with different methods while keeping the difficulty high.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    What's the difference? Run a dungeon a hundred or so times for an epic piece of gear or save up your money to buy it from a player. Both different means, about equal in terms of difficulty and work required to obtain, but one adds to the game and the other is just a one-person time sink.
    I'm inclined to believe that crafting 2x better than hunting piece of gear because of the Monster hunter series, But if you have to level your crafting to do so. It's not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quote
    IPandawa was a minor god who came to power and joined the ranks of the twelve when she discovered a recipe for the perfect bamboo wine/milk.
    Wakfu: Roxie Hubrecut

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Crafting in archeage requires job points which regenerate VERY slowly unless you pay for a premium account and the day I pay for a free to play game is the day aliens invade the earth. Crafting also requires A LOT of money and the best way to get money is other crafting. Buying crafted gear on the AH requires even MORE money - on the server I'm playing on people charge more gold for a single epic piece of crafted gear than I've ever owned on my character.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Crafting in archeage requires job points which regenerate VERY slowly unless you pay for a premium account and the day I pay for a free to play game is the day aliens invade the earth. Crafting also requires A LOT of money and the best way to get money is other crafting. Buying crafted gear on the AH requires even MORE money - on the server I'm playing on people charge more gold for a single epic piece of crafted gear than I've ever owned on my character.
    lolpoor

Quote Originally Posted by Heartyace View Post
    I'm inclined to believe that crafting 2x better than hunting piece of gear because of the Monster hunter series, But if you have to level your crafting to do so. It's not worth it.
    yeah because mmos aren't designed to be timesinks

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    lolpoor

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Trion addressed its level of control over the title in its relationship with developer XLGAMES and indicated that the Korean 1.0 patch changes will not be coming to the West
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...scription-and/

why are you arguing over something that may not come?

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 11

I'm currently "playing" russian AA. like 10-20% of players are 24/7 bots. It could have become a good game if it was p2p and bot-free.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast