Guild Wars 2 Specs help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

I assume building your own isn't a real option so you're a bit limited...

If you're willing to go up to 850USD, get this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883103854
    It's the most ideal one I could find up to about 900USD.

Here's one for 750USD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883220444 (found in the clearance section so don't wait too long!)
    CPU's a bit slower but that pretty much only will affect you in applications optimized for multithreaded usage. (read: currently N/A for gaming)

If you plan on using this PC for a long time, it might be worth considering the first I linked due to a multithreaded CPU and the i7 is generally a tad more powerful overall. (My old Intel Q9550 lasted 4 years with fairly good performance before I decided to upgrade)
    You also might want to wait for recommendations of the other regulars in this subsection. They could recommend a better PC.

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Okay thanks. Yeah If I were to buy a PC it would be for the long run. Though I am no where near ready (money wise) to buy PC but getting suggestions before hand is still great.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

What kind of long-run? 3-5 years? More?

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: PlayStation 4

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    What kind of long-run? 3-5 years? More?
    Yeah probably More. I mean if it is a desktop I can upgrade it when I want if I need to correct?

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by MegaToxic View Post
    Yeah probably More. I mean if it is a desktop I can upgrade it when I want if I need to correct?
    Yeah, some options now will net you over that 5+ Year time, like a GTX Titan. GTX 800 series will be coming to desktop soon, it's already on the next Razer Blade 14 inch lappy though.

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: PlayStation 4

Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572

5+ years is fairly unrealistic if you want high framerates on high settings. Than again consoles are now basically glorified, mass produced PCs especially made for gaming and shit support. This in the sense of consoles getting actual PC components that aren't even high-end...

Either way, 4 years is doable if you gradually lower your expectations of performance and quality as I've stated. The problem here is that such a PC can cost quite a bit I'm afraid. You really will want the last of the last and fastest PC parts.
    You can upgrade but you cannot upgrade forever. CPU sockets are often getting updated every CPU generation and if lucky will last you 2 generations. PCI-E socket (the stuff for the GPU) is a bit more lenient but wait too long and you will be bottlenecked by either CPU or PCI-E speed (though they are barely hitting that last I've heard).

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 195

Lol, no. You have to take into consideration that something too strong will be bottlenecking your system, or in cases like the cpu it won't fit on the mobo. The GPU's could also be to big for the case you have etc.... Also, if the PC is a OEM type, you can't even change the components and it will be like a mac, but then windows style...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123