Action game (Vindictus/GW2 like) casual with decent end game?

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Action game (Vindictus/GW2 like) casual with decent end game?

Hello all,

While waiting for Wildstar, I'm trying to find a cool casual action game with a Vindictus/GW2 like combat system. Compared to GW2, I'd also like a better end game, with hopefully not too much of a grind...

Anyone know anything like that? Thanks in advance.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

If you want something like Vindictus, I'd recommend Dragon Nest. Dragon Nest has a really great combat system. If you are bothered by anime graphics, then maybe C9.

If you want open world like GW2, I guess Tera would be the best suggestion, but you could also go for RaiderZ.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Oh you got all games that I would suggest, but you can also check Blackgold Online.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

GW2 and Dragon's Nest use "Fuzzy Select" and are considered tab-target games in the end.

TERA is the best suggestion here. The enmasse version.

The right man, in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: An Epic Computer

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Dragon Nest certainly is not tab target. It always aims at the center of your view, you can't target anything.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

OP said he's looking for a GW2 combat system. GW2 has tab-targeting though I consider it faster paced than any online tab-targeting game I know of (because of haste and instant-cast gap-closers). I would not say that Dragon Nest uses tab-targeting, because you cannot use single-target spells except cleric's self-heal. Dragon Nest (as well as Guild Wars 2) use hitboxes for combat, and Dragon Nest doesn't let you select a target.

I thought GW2 had nice endgame dungeons and PvP. I only played for the PvP and easily spent 1000+ hours on 5v5 and WvW. Maybe try Planetside 2 or Elder Scrolls Online if you enjoy the World vs World. I would recommend Elder Scrolls Online simply because the graphics feel akin to Guild Wars 2.

P.S. OP means "opening poster".
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.