Truly Free MMO'S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Question Truly Free MMO'S

Hello everyone ,
    I was wondering if anyone knows more "Truly Free" MMO like AION or Lineage II : Goddess of Destruction , or at least something along the lines of LoL/DOTA2 . I mean something with a non-intrusive game shop (that doesn't affect gameplay at all and keeps game balanced for everyone) . Also I'm very interested in EUROPEAN servers of these kind because so far VPN servers just don't do it for me... and for once I would like to see a company that doesn't take a big poop on us EU players. (ProSie..*cough* ..ben..*cough*..sat1). I would ask for a list of these games but there are hardly any... not that I know of.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Truly Free MMORPGs in my opinion either have no cash shop at all, or don't have boosts (EXP, etc.) that you can buy / etc. And costumes have no slots for extra stats, etc. AION has a cash shop set of wings that is faster than the default.

So if that's the case, there's only one for you: Planeshift. But as a serious note, Planeshift requires you to roleplay.

But if you don't mind AION. Then you'll be fine with TERA. Unfortunately, you're an EU player, and get the short end of the stick when it comes to TERA. The enmasse / West version of TERA is a lot better.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer

I really don't mind XP/GOLD boosters , League of Legends has boosts. What I want is that all content (except fancy skins/armor and anything that doesn't affect GAMEPLAY) is available to all without restriction. I really don't care if another player looks more awesome than me (I might be jealous tho) , what I want is a game where you can't buy your STATS or Overpowered weapons/armor that undermine the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by tsundaere View Post
    I really don't mind XP/GOLD boosters , League of Legends has boosts. What I want is that all content (except fancy skins/armor and anything that doesn't affect GAMEPLAY) is available to all without restriction. I really don't care if another player looks more awesome than me (I might be jealous tho) , what I want is a game where you can't buy your STATS or Overpowered weapons/armor that undermine the other players.
    You literally described West TERA and Planeshift. That's about it really. Oh and, Pay to Plays. (Not Buy to Plays usually.)

So yeah, good luck.

Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer

One can only hope... maybe someone else knows something similar. I wonder why other companies haven't adopted RIOT's business model , they seem to be doing better than everyone else.

One can only hope... maybe someone else knows something similar. I wonder why other companies haven't adopted RIOT's business model , they seem to be doing better than everyone else.
    Because they want to actually make more profit quickly, not slowly / over time. For instance, all of X-Legend's games aren't developed to last X years. They're meant to last a year or two, and then that's it. You have to take these things into account.

If every company out there is going to turn into something like Electronic Arts or ProSiebenSat1 Games ... let's just say I pray for the future of the Video Games Industry.

If every company out there is going to turn into something like Electronic Arts or ProSiebenSat1 Games ... let's just say I pray for the future of the Video Games Industry.
    EA is EA. I've never even heard of ProSiebenSat1 games until Aeria bought them. By the way, it's Aeria's fault. Aeria is just a greedy publisher, I'll be honest. If they ever release Lime Odyssey, it'll be the end of days for them. Since, if they manage to make Lime a greedy game, they will lose a lot of players.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 142

ProSieben (Sevengames) actually used to be one of my favorite publishers. They always had fair item shops and really great support and had a lot communication with the players on the forums when I still played games from them (WonderKing for example).

I don't consider Aion or Lineage 2 are "Truly Free", they have an item shop just like all other F2P MMORPGs.

If you just want a game were the item shop doesn't give advantages but also don't want to pay monthly, I'd go for B2P. There are some good games out there like The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 where you only need to pay once and will never need the item shop ever except if you want to change your looks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    ProSieben (Sevengames) actually used to be one of my favorite publishers. They always had fair item shops and really great support and had a lot communication with the players on the forums when I still played games from them (WonderKing for example).

I don't consider Aion or Lineage 2 are "Truly Free", they have an item shop just like all other F2P MMORPGs.

If you just want a game were the item shop doesn't give advantages but also don't want to pay monthly, I'd go for B2P. There are some good games out there like The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 where you only need to pay once and will never need the item shop ever except if you want to change your looks or something.
    TSW's Item shop has some advantages though over people who don't use it, such as AP Injections, "veteran" coins in the shop also give you the ability to buy top tier weapons.

GW2 will sometimes sell tools that never break (Obsidian Quality, mines/gathers everything) for mining, etc. This is a direct advantage over players that have to make their tools.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast