Wildstar Pre-Order is now up

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    And that could be said for every P2P MMO.
    Yes, what I meant was that there are companies that would rather shut down a game that isn't being profitable than attempt to turn it F2P. NCSoft on the other hand isn't a stranger to the F2P model and is willing to take it if the game isn't successful.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Yes, what I meant was that there are companies that would rather shut down a game that isn't being profitable than attempt to turn it F2P. NCSoft on the other hand isn't a stranger to the F2P model and is willing to take it if the game isn't successful.
    tabula rasa
    city of heroes
    auto assault
    lineage NA

... yeah ncsoft sure likes f2p if the game isnt profitable!

huhue

there's a wolf in my heart

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    tabula rasa
    city of heroes
    auto assault
    lineage NA

... yeah ncsoft sure likes f2p if the game isnt profitable!

huhue
    Not like they will try to save every single game, that's unrealistic. Oh but I forget, fanboyism is anything but realistic.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Not like they will try to save every single game, that's unrealistic. Oh but I forget, fanboyism is anything but realistic.
    what are you talking about
    legit confused
    anyway, several of those games were very popular when they decided to pull the plug, they could've simply transitioned to f2p (because lbr server maintenace isn't that costly anymore) and would've probably earned more money in the long run.
    but, ncsoft.

there's a wolf in my heart

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    what are you talking about
    legit confused
    anyway, several of those games were very popular when they decided to pull the plug, they could've simply transitioned to f2p (because lbr server maintenace isn't that costly anymore) and would've probably earned more money in the long run.
    but, ncsoft.
    Well they'd also need support of the devs being that it would be a change of contract(and other things, as now both dev and pub need to agree on how to handle F2P), and if they don't want to then obviously the publisher[NCSoft] is SoL.
    Last edited by Acreon; 03-22-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

I bought this for $60 to play with a friend. I still will play it with her if they fix the optimization issues by launch (and oh god this game runs poorly) but I have zero confidence in this game's ability survive as a B2P or P2P title.

I'm 100% positive they're only charging people $60/$75 to see who they can scam before going F2P. It's a very typical NCsoft move. Wait it out

Just in case anyone hasn't tested it out, most races are restricted to 2-3 class options, character customization is awful and you only have about 8 haircuts for every race with about 8 colors to choose from. About 8 or less skin colors. There are no color grid things in the creator, just choose their color picks which are always awful, too bright, etc. The combat is super generic and while they tried to make it no target and feel like TERA, there is nothing action about it. Just because you can make the controls work that way doesn't mean it's automatically an action game.I can make WoW like that, its not suddenly an action game with active combat. Graphics are seriously ugly, character models look good maxed out but many ground textures are just flat colors and look really really gross.
    Last edited by Retto; 03-22-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Did you play WoW before it released?
    No, I didn't play the WoW beta. Don't see why it matters at all though. They aren't even remotely comparable situations.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 113

Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    I bought this for $60 to play with a friend. I still will play it with her if they fix the optimization issues by launch (and oh god this game runs poorly) but I have zero confidence in this game's ability survive as a B2P or P2P title.

I'm 100% positive they're only charging people $60/$75 to see who they can scam before going F2P. It's a very typical NCsoft move. Wait it out

Just in case anyone hasn't tested it out, most races are restricted to 2-3 class options, character customization is awful and you only have about 8 haircuts for every race with about 8 colors to choose from. About 8 or less skin colors. There are no color grid things in the creator, just choose their color picks which are always awful, too bright, etc. The combat is super generic and while they tried to make it no target and feel like TERA, there is nothing action about it. Just because you can make the controls work that way doesn't mean it's automatically an action game.I can make WoW like that, its not suddenly an action game with active combat. Graphics are seriously ugly, character models look good maxed out but many ground textures are just flat colors and look really really gross.
    After playing the beta for like 5 hours with the retarded level cap of 17 (wtf? lvl 20 is the raid, why not just make it 20 like a normal person). The combat is okay. That's about as much as I can saw about it. It's not bad it just feels... slow I guess I dunno. It's like they took the cast timer from various games and just stuck it on the ground. OH WAIT THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID. The questing is really generic and there's random popping up shit everywhere. It's a cluster**** the first time I went on.

But I really did enjoy the path system even though it's a bit meaningless. I can honestly say the game is probably going to go f2p before a year is over unless they do some massive polishing, bug fixing, ui fixing (they're doing this already I think), adding more customization, and just cleaning up some of the things. It's hilarious to point out the flaws in /a chat and watch the fanbois scream though.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

I don't know about any of you, but I just don't think it's worth the monthly fee nor the $60.

When I first went on with a friend, I was just overwhelmed by so many pop-up messages, from quests to NPC dialogues to just general chatting, it was EVERYWHERE! The combat is okay.. I guess, but they could really tune up some things for it - it feels a bit clunky to me. The graphics are different from what I usually play and that's okay for me, but I agree that their optimization is HORRIBLE. Sometimes, with a high-end laptop (and I know it's a laptop and not a desktop haha!), I frequently get stuck in the loading screen and it gets super annoying.

All in all, I know that it's beta and some of those things will be fixed (oh God, I sincerely hope so), but we can get a good sense of what the game will be like once it comes out - and in that state, I don't think it'll be worth subbing. -Sigh- such high hopes for games from AAA producers like ESO and Wildstar, so much disappointment.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Hey other Sora avatar guy.

I agree. lol

I kinda feel like I wasted $60 because I'm not sure if they'll be able to double or more the FPS that I'm running at on default by launch (2 months away)

I'm on a high end machine though and I'm getting 30 FPS on default and it's just ridiculous. I feel that ARR had good graphics and I ran 60 FPS on that, 60 FPS on max for any Steam games basically. I don't do multiplayer games at 30 FPS and shit so if they don't fix it I'm gone. Pretty dumb.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast