Will Housing Save SWTOR?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 15

Quote Originally Posted by sinnful View Post
    SWTOR is far from dead, so it doesn't really need saving.
    ^ THIS ... Played like 3 months ago and all servers were ~full at peak times so yeah ppl saying that it's dead need to check the game before speaking . Also about saying once they make enough money to compensate what they spent they'll shutdown.... Preach from "Preach Gaming" (or Mikepreachwow on youtube) mentioned a couple of times that he talked to devs of swtor , and they made PROFIT the very day they went live , and everything after that was just a bonus , so like it or hate it swtor is not going anywhere anytime soon

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

Boring combat. Boring quests, Boring grind. Not going back either.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

they made PROFIT the very day they went live
    Nope. Total bullsh*t.
    It's estimated to have cost around $200,000,000 to develop(up to release) and they're still pumping money into it.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Nope. Total bullsh*t.
    It's estimated to have cost around $200,000,000 to develop(up to release) and they're still pumping money into it.
    Although BioWare has not disclosed development costs, industry leaders and financial analysts have estimated it to be between $150 million and $200 million or more, making it, at the time, the most expensive video game ever made. The game had 1 million subscribers within three days of its launch, making it the world's "fastest-growing MMO ever".
    And most of them prolly bought collectors edition or preordered , NOW saw on e-bay collectors edition for 129$ after all this time so what was the price of it at launch ?

Also yes checked the vid it was not the first day... it was withing the 1st MONTH I apologize

http://youtu.be/sZnNMbm3tVg?t=4m38s

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 344

Quote Originally Posted by Lexaz View Post
    ^ THIS ... Played like 3 months ago and all servers were ~full at peak times so yeah ppl saying that it's dead need to check the game before speaking . Also about saying once they make enough money to compensate what they spent they'll shutdown.... Preach from "Preach Gaming" (or Mikepreachwow on youtube) mentioned a couple of times that he talked to devs of swtor , and they made PROFIT the very day they went live , and everything after that was just a bonus , so like it or hate it swtor is not going anywhere anytime soon
    I hope you realize that any servers are full because of mass merging. No one needs to "check the game" before speaking about SWTOR. We are all aware that the population has and continues to die out, hence the merges and that the game in itself has been losing money. No shit that the game started off large and in charge. It's a Star Wars title. It's also a no-brainer as to why SWTOR became one of the most hated MMOs during its release, seeing a massive and swift decline of subscribers which was only fixed by the move to F2P. So enough of your smug "like it or not" attitude. Everyone here is fully aware of the situation in regards to SWTOR. The only reason the servers boomed back up a few months back is because of the galactic starfighter update, which the population is already going back down once more. That's always the case with updates in games. The population will always have a large boost when it comes to new content, very good patches and of course the change from P2P to F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-Roh View Post
    I hope you realize that any servers are full because of mass merging. No one needs to "check the game" before speaking about SWTOR. We are all aware that the population has and continues to die out, hence the merges and that the game in itself has been losing money.
    The merging was long ago... in fact it merged I think before I was even a sub and I'm a sub for ~1.5 year or smth . If it was indeed a spike in pop due to merging it would've been "over" already

No shit that the game started off large and in charge. It's a Star Wars title.
    Doesn't change the fact to which I replied to , that it's not making money to even out the money spent and then close...

So enough of your smug "like it or not" attitude. Everyone here is fully aware of the situation in regards to SWTOR.
    Well from seeing what ppl are talking they obviously aren't aware of the situation

The only reason the servers boomed back up a few months back is because of the galactic starfighter update
    Lol , I came back for the ~3rd time because I missed swtor , couldn't care less about the GSF most of the guild I was in wasn't excited for that either ...

That's always the case with updates in games. The population will always have a large boost when it comes to new content, very good patches and of course the change from P2P to F2P.
    Well seeing as how every one is jumping on the hatewagon about it's boring combat (which is strange since don't see ppl saying that about wow combat) changing from p2p to f2p shouldn't be a factor , cause if you don't like it , you don't like it O.o

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

actually wow combat is also boring and i hate that game. i just never mention wow at all because i hate that game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post
    actually wow combat is also boring and i hate that game. i just never mention wow at all because i hate that game.
    you're silly
    wow combat is the best tab-targetting combat along with archeage.

no matter how much content they pump into the game, the core gameplay will always be atrocious.
    i've honestly never seen worse tab-target combat, and i've played every copy-paste grinder out there.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 16

Wow, so much hate. The game is doing great, it may not be the best combat they're is, i agree. But combat doesnt make this game fun, i enjoyed the story the most, more so if you played kotor 1 and 2. And the pve is fun too, all the dungeons are plain, true but follow an interesting story line them self. As im not a pvp player i will not comment on this. But the game doesn,t deserve the hate you guys give it. It seems the most of you guys never reached higher levels then level 15, i dont know. I enjoy the game very much. They added a lot of stuff en continue to do so. Despite its failure at launch. But even so, you will always have haters and fan boys, stop trying to convince each other, even though im guilty also. As said before, the question "will housing save swtor?" Is an invalid question because it doesnt need saving. Although i agree that housing will not make a difference for the game, but the expansion has more to offer.

Btw jin-roh and lezax, just stop.
    Smile Tomorrow will be worse - Murphy's law

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Yrandir View Post
    Wow, so much hate. The game is doing great, it may not be the best combat they're is, i agree. But combat doesnt make this game fun, i enjoyed the story the most, more so if you played kotor 1 and 2. And the pve is fun too, all the dungeons are plain, true but follow an interesting story line them self. As im not a pvp player i will not comment on this. But the game doesn,t deserve the hate you guys give it. It seems the most of you guys never reached higher levels then level 15, i dont know. I enjoy the game very much. They added a lot of stuff en continue to do so. Despite its failure at launch. But even so, you will always have haters and fan boys, stop trying to convince each other, even though im guilty also. As said before, the question "will housing save swtor?" Is an invalid question because it doesnt need saving. Although i agree that housing will not make a difference for the game, but the expansion has more to offer.

Btw jin-roh and lezax, just stop.
    After reading this whole topic I wanted to to make note....You tried to explain why you enjoyed ToR, but all you could come up with was the story line...Why wouldent you just play a single player game. What is trying to be said here is that as an mmo it is dead, yes storylines are good but without the elements of the "mmo" side of things being done right, its is just a fish, belly up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast