Will Housing Save SWTOR?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 45

A game like this with such a big name isn't or won't die in a hurry, It needs to have a revamp on game play, housing will attract people to play it again, but the game still needs some hard work in its updates.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Because they spent a TON of money making the game. They are gaining money but it will take a while to break even.
    After that happens, or it passes an acceptable point of loss, I would expect a shutdown.
    I read that SWTOR broke even a while ago and is actually EA's third highest source of income from games behind FIFA and Sims. Can't remember where I read it though so take it with a grain of salt. I definitely remember that they made 139+ mil in microtransactions in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    The only reason I can stand doing it in ArcheAge is because of all of the other features that make the game interesting and fun. It's giving me the same feeling that SWG gave, that Wurm and Mortal Online gave, and the feeling that Age of Wushu gave
    You're a more patient man than me then. The grinding in Archeage was terribly boring and the game is so restrictive with its sandbox. It's like the game's mantra is "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING...as long as you do it our way

Insert Forgotten Title here Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    But, as it stands, SWTOR feels like an MMO that came AFTER its time.
    Because it is. As I recall it went into development sometime around WoW's Burning Crusade expansion, and any amount of playtime shows that(Poorly paced questing, no dual-spec at launch, wonky class-balance just to name a few issues.).

Honestly, I still want this game to do well. But I also want Bioware to stop pretending they know what decent writing is(This will never happen.).

[19:45] ♥Moloko Lynx♥: Flight sims would even suit you, Riz. You seem to have the sensibilities of an old man.
    Member since May 8, 2004.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 24

Oh, SWTOR. If only you took a few pages from SWG you could of been awesome. That and didn't use the typical MMO point and click combat scheme.
    Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

I remember raising concerns about the combat when it was first announced with trailers and stuff.

People didn't take my insight too kindly.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

I close my eyes when I am alone at night and think about a Star Wars game with combat from Jedi Knights/BattleFront and the scale and features of Star Wars Galaxies.

And yes. It seems SWTOR broke even a bit after going F2P. So minus current development costs theyre making money now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123