Everquest LANDMARK - Closed Beta starts next week [26th]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default Everquest LANDMARK - Closed Beta starts next week [26th]

https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnl...ed-beta.25504/

Our Alpha has been absolutely fantastic. We could not have asked for a better result with you, the players, finding a huge assortment of radical new ways to use our building tools and cooperating so incredibly to push the boundaries of our game. Thank you!

But now, Alpha is about to end and Closed Beta is about to start!

When does Closed Beta start? Wednesday, March 26th. Right around the corner!

To prepare for Closed Beta, the servers will be down so we can wipe data and set up the new islands. Those preparation days will be Monday and Tuesday, March 24th and 25th.

Therefore, the last day of Alpha is Sunday, March 23rd. So party this weekend like it's the end of the world! (Because it is! Very, very briefly.

To get ready for the end of Alpha, we *highly recommend* that you template any items on your claims that you want to resurrect during Closed Beta. Consider templating things with props, without props, and possibly even re-textured as dirt or something simple so that you can rebuild it easily when you have few resources available. (NOTE: When the claims are wiped at the end of Alpha, we will be templating each of your claims for you, BUT many of your claims require vast amounts of resources before they can be placed so it still might be beneficial for you to go in and make individual templates to make it easier to restore pieces of your claim as you gain resources.)

What will the data wipe entail? EVERYTHING will be wiped...except your character name, your templates and any items you purchased (Founder's Pack items or marketplace purchases). Yes, that means everything else. When Closed Beta begins, you will need to choose a new appearance, gather new resources, craft new tools and make new claims from scratch again. Everyone starts at the same place.

Upward and onward! And please be sure to welcome all our new Closed Beta friends when they arrive!

Maybe now they can finally start sending out FREE beta keys -.-

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 60

Did they optimize network? Do we still need 3 Mbps?

DEMON GIRL APPRECIATION DAY (May 4th)
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next Saving For: PlayStation 4

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 50

As a trailblazer I can't say I'm too happy. Since there's a wipe that only means it'll be even harder to find myself a proper spot to claim with the new influx of people in CBT haha

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Any beta keys yet ? ...

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

If all the land went during "Pay to Play Alpha" I think come CB it'll all be gone in minutes. This game needs some serious help, I can see it ending as some kind of land trading black market game. This is its flaw at the moment. Everything else is great ideas.

Rock Man Reputation: 32

Is landmark the minecraft thing? I keep getting confused about these things - when is the everquest next actual game game gonna launch/go into beta/whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by goawaybeavis View Post
    Is landmark the minecraft thing? I keep getting confused about these things - when is the everquest next actual game game gonna launch/go into beta/whatever?
    ESN: Landmark is basically an MMO Sandbox version of EQN. EQN is the actual MMORPG. Landmark came out first because it's the base engine being used for EQN, plus they wanted to have people create stuff for the EQN World.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Cool

Watch that all the building related stuff is only for premium subscribers because I sense in Open Beta, there's going to be more people then land to build off of. But still, I am excited for this game. (=

If you are not playing the game, then you are letting the game play you.

Twitter: @Hypnotikid

Quote Originally Posted by Nexious View Post

Watch that all the building related stuff is only for premium subscribers because I sense in Open Beta, there's going to be more people then land to build off of. But still, I am excited for this game. (=

The subscriber system currently is being re-done into the "All-Access" System, which is one sub fee for all games. (IE: 14.99/mo for EQ2, EQN, EQN:Landmark, Planetside 2, etc. In one payment, not separate.)

Detective Kirby Reputation: 16

All the claims are a pain in the ass in wurm online too. Honestly sandbox games like this need random generated lands or whole planets like hazeron.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast