help me choose by tonight!! d3 or wildstar

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Default help me choose by tonight!! d3 or wildstar

Please, i need your guys' advice. The coupon for wildstar expires tonight around 12 midnight my time (i'm in korea)

I am really interested in playing crusader and heard the new expansion is solid. The only thing with diablo is, i heard there is no pvp and the last thing i want to do is play the same (randomized or not) dungeons solo or in a party over and over. I'm afraid there is really nothing to play for in d3.

I enjoyed Wildstar but have been getting connection issues during this weeks beta (unhandled nc platform errior 13 to be exact)

could you guys give me some input? or more info on d3 since i'm not too familiar with it.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 60

Diablo III is a hack-n-slash RPG. If you've played Torchlight, Torchlight II, Diablo 1, Diablo II. Then you'd know what I mean :V

You're correct that Diablo III has no PVP when it comes to your story and adventure mode. But there is a brawler NPC now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/pvp

In default Diablo III, you can level to a max level of 60. Your character will then gain EXP for paragon levels. You can have infinite paragon levels. (First level gives 1 point in offense, 2nd in the next, etc.) When you get the expansion, your cap will increase to level 70, and your character will resume getting EXP toward level 70 instead of paragon.

But I suggest you get Wildstar if you have a coupon for it. Purchasing wildstar gives you access to all beta weekends until release. Pre-purchasers also get an early headstart prior to the June 3rd release date. (May 28th or so I believe.)

Diablo III will always be there however, and they will always have sales every now and then. NCSoft won't really ever have sales.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 03-24-2014 at 12:18 PM.

The right man, in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next ∑ Saving For: PlayStation 4

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Diablo III is a hack-n-slash RPG. If you've played Torchlight, Torchlight II, Diablo 1, Diablo II. Then you'd know what I mean :V

You're correct that Diablo III has no PVP when it comes to your story and adventure mode. But there is a brawler NPC now: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/pvp

In default Diablo III, you can level to a max level of 60. Your character will then gain EXP for paragon levels. You can have infinite paragon levels. (First level gives 1 point in offense, 2nd in the next, etc.) When you get the expansion, your cap will increase to level 70, and your character will resume getting EXP toward level 70 instead of paragon.

But I suggest you get Wildstar if you have a coupon for it. Purchasing wildstar gives you access to all beta weekends until release. Pre-purchasers also get an early headstart prior to the June 3rd release date. (May 28th or so I believe.)

Diablo III will always be there however, and they will always have sales every now and then. NCSoft won't really ever have sales.
    thanks a ton for the input bro! There is a bundle special for 60 bucks (both the original + expansion). Seeing as my orginal account got hacked, i'd have to buy the original again. So there is really no "mmo" feel with diablo 3? I played it very briefly when i got it on release

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Wildstar is shit. If you find World of Warcraft/Stars Wars MMO and so on games boring, Wildstar will be boring. The choice is obvious then.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 60

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    thanks a ton for the input bro! There is a bundle special for 60 bucks (both the original + expansion). Seeing as my orginal account got hacked, i'd have to buy the original again. So there is really no "mmo" feel with diablo 3? I played it very briefly when i got it on release
    There's no "Party Finder" Really to it. Basically you can go into random people's story/etc. But you can't PVP at all unless you use the Brawler NPC. You can't trade anything either. Everything is now account-bound on pick-up due to the removal of the Auction House. Clans / Guilds have no real purpose at all save for being a grouping system.

You're mainly playing D3 for the story, nothing else really.

The right man, in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next ∑ Saving For: PlayStation 4

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 74

D3 is more of a dungeon crawler and massive grindfest. But people love the game because of the nostalgia factor. Personally, I never played D2, but after playing D3 once, I lost all interest because you're just playing the game over and over again. You just end up going into dungeons constantly, grinding out gear to make your character more powerful. Once your character is incredibly powerful, you grind some more and try to get even more powerful. It's a cycle of repetitiveness and you can do that with friends too.

Of course, some people will probably bash me for my opinion, but I'm going from what I experienced in D3, and from hearing stories from diehard fans that played D2 religiously, such as a close friend of mine irl.

Of course, if MMORPGs aren't your thing, don't buy WS.

thanks a bunch for the input guys. I've decided to not buy either haha. I did play wildstar and enjoyed it but, like most, don't feel it's worth a sub. I guess i'll look into any new games releasing here in Korea. Wouldn't mind playing blade and soul again but don't feel like going to a pc room every day :o