Kickstarter Anime!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 188

Default Kickstarter Anime!!!

FINALLY! THE KICKSTARTER IS HERE!

I donated about $2000 to this project: http://mayshing.com/

And I'm donating $500 to the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...th-angel-anime

Why? CUZ..................... It... Needs... To... HAPPEN!

<3<3<3<3<3<3
    Last edited by Phenoca; 03-24-2014 at 08:23 PM.
    ... That moment when you realized that your bath towel is covered in sawdust.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Tell me more about why it needs to happen.
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Tell me more about why it needs to happen.
    Well E-depth is one of the more sentimental mangas I have read. The main character is very bitter about life because his father accidentally killed his mother and the female protagonist is a very compassionate character who *spoiler* was raised by his girlfriend who the main character's father blocked him from seeing and it's very sweet because the main character is immortal and his girlfriend raised her daughter to be there for him after she dies.

It's a sci-fi manga so there's mech battles and lightsaber fights and iron man suits... But that's just the appeal of the fight scenes. The real point that makes this manga unique is... Well, I guess this isn't a unique point but it's a theme that I can relate to is: Your loved ones die but you live on and you find meaning in life through competitive tournaments but the competition and the stress and the heartless politics make you bitter about life and then a girl comes and makes you have a brighter outlook on life and on people Actually... Sigh. That's maybe not the case since I wasn't even bitter about life nor did I have a girlfriend when I started reading this. Idk... It's just - the characters reached out to me, the artstyle is sort of... Deep?

The main characters all have very strong personalities. I recognized the clash of corporate interests vs citizens' rights. Wealth-disparity, competitive tournaments, mech battles, loved ones dying, and the female protagonist begging everyone to have a bright outlook on things so that they can focus on helping the people who need it! It's all very... Compassionate. It... Brings some real world issues to light, and puts a hopeful spin on life! The characters... Are INSPIRING! I don't know how else to put it!! I think the most important thing is that the female protagonist "Angel" reminds me of my dead Mom... That's why I want to see it get made into anime
    Last edited by Phenoca; 03-25-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Bump. Feel free to read the manga it's free - http://comics.mayshing.com/edepth/ea/1

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Phenoca. We both know you're a bit to "quick" to give into stuff. For example this "girl" called TuxedoSam. You played a few games with her, and she needed a PC, what do you do? You pay for it! What happened in the end? You lost $800,- and became a laughing stock

My advice: Sit this one out, it won't happen.

Seriously, the story is cliché and it looks more like a cartoon. The characters aren't even that well drawn. The powerpuff girls even look better then this shit.
    [annoying sig]

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Hmm.

They say the manga is very popular. Why don't they publish it and pay for this themselves?
    It's damn easy and cost efficient to publish content for e-readers like nook and kindle.

They're not displaying very good business sense. I wouldn't donate to this.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-30-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Hmm.

They say the manga is very popular. Why don't they publish it and pay for this themselves?
    It's damn easy and cost efficient to publish content for e-readers like nook and kindle.

They're not displaying very good business sense. I wouldn't donate to this.
    If you read the Kickstarter backer rewards, you can/would notice that the Kickstarter is selling the published manga to backers. The digital version is (and has always) been free to read online, and I think that selling the published manga on Kickstarter is a step beyond selling publications at anime+comic conventions. So in essence, you're telling me that they should be doing a Kickstarter.

Not even close.
    Publishing her stuff would open it to a MUCH larger audience.
    People actually looking for new manga find it.

Kickstarter is pretty much limited to existing fans and people browsing KickStarter looking for random stuff to back. It's so over saturated now that the chances of someone finding and funding the project that way is pretty low.

Without a good advertising campaign(social included), it doesn't work very well.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-31-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Phenoca. We both know you're a bit to "quick" to give into stuff. For example this "girl" called TuxedoSam. You played a few games with her, and she needed a PC, what do you do? You pay for it! What happened in the end? You lost $800,- and became a laughing stock
    I'd like to hear more about this :O
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Tis a classic tale.
    Young laddy met and fell for the fair maiden. They danced and sang and he bestowed upon her his heart and the most epic of loots.

When it came time to consummate their sacred love the fair maiden transformed into a fire breathing dragon, who also happened to be a man.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 03-31-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast