Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Why Buy a Wii U?

  1. #26
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,095
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Monster Hunter may look like an RPG, but it's far from it. Even with max stats (9999+ in every stat), early level bosses can still wreck you in a couple hits.
    Monster Hunter is an Action RPG, it's just entirely gear based. There are a number of sets and buffs you can get in even low rank that significantly increase your survival too (and upgrading your armor significantly reduces the amount of damage you take. I'm doing High rank quests and it takes a lot more than 2 hits to kill me with the set I use.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  2. #27
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Monster Hunter is an Action RPG, it's just entirely gear based. There are a number of sets and buffs you can get in even low rank that significantly increase your survival too (and upgrading your armor significantly reduces the amount of damage you take. I'm doing High rank quests and it takes a lot more than 2 hits to kill me with the set I use.
    I'm talking older ones like for the PSP :V Which are the only ones I've played.

    I also have no online friends who use a Wii, nor IRL, so I can't really give away my Wii friend code out much even if I had a Wii U.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

  3. #28
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,095
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    I'm talking older ones like for the PSP :V Which are the only ones I've played.

    I also have no online friends who use a Wii, nor IRL, so I can't really give away my Wii friend code out much even if I had a Wii U.
    That's what Miiverse on Wii U is for: you can find hundreds if not thousands of people who play any game by going to one of the communities. You can also jump into random gaming sessions on MH3U.

    No excuses, go play lol.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  4. #29
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    That's what Miiverse on Wii U is for: you can find hundreds if not thousands of people who play any game by going to one of the communities. You can also jump into random gaming sessions on MH3U.

    No excuses, go play lol.
    Sure, first give me like 800 USD for a Television. Won't be able to get a television until like November or so if I save up for it myself.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

  5. #30
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,095
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Sure, first give me like 800 USD for a Television. Won't be able to get a television until like November or so if I save up for it myself.
    You dont need a tv for wii u (well certain games you dont and mh3u is one of them) since you can play them on the gamepad or use the gamepad as a tv and play with a controller. They got sales for a 32gig for like 250.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  6. #31
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    You dont need a tv for wii u (well certain games you dont and mh3u is one of them) since you can play them on the gamepad or use the gamepad as a tv and play with a controller. They got sales for a 32gig for like 250.
    249.99 USD is a lot for a Wii / Nintendo console. I also said I'd get a PS4 anyway, so I'm getting that first after a television. I only get like, 800 USD/mo.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 03-27-2014 at 11:03 PM.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

  7. #32
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10
    ExtremeRavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Go for PS4 instead of Wii-U

  8. #33
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Monster Hunter 3U online... My 3DS is so lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  9. #34
    Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10
    ExtremeRavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Wait for Monster Hunter 4U. I also have 3DS I feel you.

  10. #35
    Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 316
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeRavage View Post
    Wait for Monster Hunter 4U. I also have 3DS I feel you.
    It's being released in 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  11. #36
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10
    JigsawPuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Where ever you will live, I will find you
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I think there's Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii-U


    My PC specs:
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ
    Graphic Card: Zotac GTX 970 Amp Omega Core Edition 4gb ddr5 256bit
    RAM: 2 pcs. of Ripjaws 8gbx2 ddr3 1600mhz
    Mobo: ASUS 990fx Sabertooth R2.0
    Cooler: Hyper 212x
    Case: Cougar Solution AF-2

  12. #37
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,095
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JigsawPuzzle View Post
    I think there's Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii-U
    There is. I play it pretty regularly.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  13. #38
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Sure, first give me like 800 USD for a Television. Won't be able to get a television until like November or so if I save up for it myself.
    How big is the TV you are going for ? I mean I bought a 32" for 250 and that's more than enough to enjoy any game in HD, and btw the Wii U doesn't really do HD much, but it does connect through HDMI.

    But yeah get a Wii U, MH3U is so worth it alone. I bought the console for that game alone and it was worth it !!!!

  14. #39
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    8,095
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nashkel View Post
    How big is the TV you are going for ? I mean I bought a 32" for 250 and that's more than enough to enjoy any game in HD, and btw the Wii U doesn't really do HD much, but it does connect through HDMI.

    But yeah get a Wii U, MH3U is so worth it alone. I bought the console for that game alone and it was worth it !!!!
    Hey how far are you? Wanna maybe hunt together sometime?
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

  15. #40
    Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    4,291
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nashkel View Post
    How big is the TV you are going for ? I mean I bought a 32" for 250€ and that's more than enough to enjoy any game in HD, and btw the Wii U doesn't really do HD much, but it does connect through HDMI.

    But yeah get a Wii U, MH3U is so worth it alone. I bought the console for that game alone and it was worth it !!!!
    42 inch or higher, and your 250 Euro TV is 345.53 USD if converting.

    Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII Saving For: New Computer

  16. #41
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Absolute Garcinia can be proven weight burner that's stop the new weight to be able to safe-keeping.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •