Why Buy a Wii U?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Not Strategy RPGs :V
    >Fire emblem

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

While the Wii didn't have too much good games, it certainly had the best and most unique ones of its generation (the PS3/XBox generation was really weak in terms of games if we ignore the indie ones released for XBLIG/XBLA/PSN). Alone for Fragile Dreams and Sin & Punishment 2 it was already worth it for me. The Last Story was also incredible.

Wii U doesn't offer too much yet but it probably will. At the very least it has an exclusive Sonic game which is said to be fairly good.

On ther other hand XBox One won't really offer anything I want and even if it does, I'd rather get the PC version for more modding power. Plus all the "we spy on you" Kinect debacle. No thanks.

PS4 is a maybe, I would like to get all the PSN indie titles but on PS3 there wasn't a single indie game released in Europe because PSN Europe sucks big times and if they don't improve that, there is no point getting a PS4. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV? SquareEnix first needs to prove that they can still make games that don't have horrible design.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post
    While the Wii didn't have too much good games, it certainly had the best and most unique ones of its generation (the PS3/XBox generation was really weak in terms of games if we ignore the indie ones released for XBLIG/XBLA/PSN). Alone for Fragile Dreams and Sin & Punishment 2 it was already worth it for me. The Last Story was also incredible.

Wii U doesn't offer too much yet but it probably will. At the very least it has an exclusive Sonic game which is said to be fairly good.

On ther other hand XBox One won't really offer anything I want and even if it does, I'd rather get the PC version for more modding power. Plus all the "we spy on you" Kinect debacle. No thanks.

PS4 is a maybe, I would like to get all the PSN indie titles but on PS3 there wasn't a single indie game released in Europe because PSN Europe sucks big times and if they don't improve that, there is no point getting a PS4. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV? SquareEnix first needs to prove that they can still make games that don't have horrible design.
    Squeenix is also up on the fence about offering FFXV on PC.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Banned Reputation: 10

if only Nintendo stuck to violent videogames and a regular controller I will be buying nintendoes today. one of the best consoles is Nintendo 64. I wish Nintendo had kept Rareware and made more shooters would be super awesome. conker and perfect dark beats all. how great it would be if Nintendo had games playable online during the gamecube days with a different console from not focus on a childrens console. they could have kept neutral. have all games from all ratings. playing games online on a Nintendo as early as the early 2000's like the playstaion 2. but Nintendo since the wii era was winning the console war since the change.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

Nintendo has a ton of exclusive games, I used my wii a lot for party games when friends were over. Mario kart, super smash, mario party, etc. Also IPs like legend of zelda. For me graphics don't really matter as much as the amount of fun I have. Also I have a gaming computer if I really want to crank up the graphics, so it's all about the exclusive content.

Quote Originally Posted by zipykido View Post
    Nintendo has a ton of exclusive games, I used my wii a lot for party games when friends were over. Mario kart, super smash, mario party, etc. Also IPs like legend of zelda. For me graphics don't really matter as much as the amount of fun I have. Also I have a gaming computer if I really want to crank up the graphics, so it's all about the exclusive content.
    I don't really have IRL friends willing to come over. :P

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 596

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 47

That's pretty sad. Yeah I never played Wii games without friends over, but at least you can play online with monster hunter ultimate and games like that. Xbox/ps4 has better single/online multiplayer games.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

Check the game library first before buying this Handheld. If you don't like the games don't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by zipykido View Post
    That's pretty sad. Yeah I never played Wii games without friends over, but at least you can play online with monster hunter ultimate and games like that. Xbox/ps4 has better single/online multiplayer games.
    Monster Hunter may look like an RPG, but it's far from it. Even with max stats (9999+ in every stat), early level bosses can still wreck you in a couple hits.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeRavage View Post
    Check the game library first before buying this Handheld. If you don't like the games don't buy it
    Wii/U a handheld?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast