Wonderking coming back to NA/EU

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by iAddison View Post
    I'm all down for Wonderking back in my hands... I had a blast with the community and made many friends.
    But.. yes there's a but..
    I heard that the other 2 versions of WK2, Japan and Thailand, I think those were the 2, are now shutting down.
    If those 2 are shutting down, then won't the NA Version soon go down as well?
    Or can, whoever publishes this, keep the game up and running with their own updates, etc.?
    ??
    there is no but,They just relaunched. They are still going strong
    You 'heard'? where did you hear? link the news/announcement? or any other evidence?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Dope looking forward to playing it.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

@Retto
    Strange hatred against the game.

I played both Maple Story and WonderKing for several months and I'd also say that gameplay-wise WonderKing is much better than MapleStory. Alone because of jump, double jump and dash. WonderKing offers ways to actually dodge damage, this isn't really possible in MapleStory. In MS you usually just spam skills so the monsters don't reach you, there is no dodging at all. Also the minigames in WonderKing are really fun and there are plenty. Even though WonderKing is like 10 times smaller than MapleStory it has like 10 times more minigames.

It isn't better in all aspects, though. MapleStory has more exploration (WonderKing is really linear). MapleStory also has the better OST, but the WK OST isn't bad.

While I'm happy WonderKing comes back I probably won't give it a second try unless they change the following:
    1. More inventory room for non-paying players (I bought inventory bags back then but I don't want to buy them a second time).
    2. Faster leveling (it really was too grindy back then).

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Rya.Reisender View Post

Wat. r u sure u played WK? I had a onrpg guild there and a good portion made it to engame, which is big, since a lot of people here are game hoppers... heres a vid of my warlock getting 1% a min at level 125... get outta here with that.

Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord

Sonicís Milkshake Reputation: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Acreon View Post
    Just ignore the bait pinkie.
    believe it or not some people actually are that stupid

Game List Master Reputation: 165

@Retto
    Strange hatred against the game.

I played both Maple Story and WonderKing for several months and I'd also say that gameplay-wise WonderKing is much better than MapleStory. Alone because of jump, double jump and dash. WonderKing offers ways to actually dodge damage, this isn't really possible in MapleStory. In MS you usually just spam skills so the monsters don't reach you, there is no dodging at all. Also the minigames in WonderKing are really fun and there are plenty. Even though WonderKing is like 10 times smaller than MapleStory it has like 10 times more minigames.

It isn't better in all aspects, though. MapleStory has more exploration (WonderKing is really linear). MapleStory also has the better OST, but the WK OST isn't bad.

While I'm happy WonderKing comes back I probably won't give it a second try unless they change the following:
    1. More inventory room for non-paying players (I bought inventory bags back then but I don't want to buy them a second time).
    The root abyss bosses and some others require tactics you can't just stand in one spot or you will die.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

Wat. r u sure u played WK? I had a onrpg guild there and a good portion made it to engame, which is big, since a lot of people here are game hoppers... heres a vid of my warlock getting 1% a min at level 125... get outta here with that.
    Well for me leveling was slow, I did all the quests available and even if I was done with them I still needed to get 40% exp for the next level. Getting the last 40% always took me one or two hours and it was boring because there aren't so many different places to access on the same level. And the death penalty was pretty high I think 3% or 5%?

Game needs at least 2x exp for me to play it again. Especially now that I know all the content from level 1-50. If I can't rush to 50, no point in playing it again.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Well for me leveling was slow, I did all the quests available and even if I was done with them I still needed to get 40% exp for the next level. Getting the last 40% always took me one or two hours and it was boring because there aren't so many different places to access on the same level. And the death penalty was pretty high I think 3% or 5%?

Game needs at least 2x exp for me to play it again. Especially now that I know all the content from level 1-50. If I can't rush to 50, no point in playing it again.
    That's the thing, you weren't supposed to do all the quests really. You did the first handful to get geared and early funding, then just went all monster hunter and beat the shit out mobs and bosses to level, only hitting up specific quests for skill points or other special items/abilities/bonuses.

Obviously that isn't for everyone though, some like questing to level games, some of us like fighting to level games.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 25

Yo Whitey, http://www.clubwk.com/vbulletin-integration
    Can't link to the actual thread but go there, go to General Chat, and "THINGS NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR WK"

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Grats to the dedicated group who are WK loyalists and pushed to get the game back into the english market.

Looking forward to trying it out.. Looks much more appealing compared to MS tbh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast