Wonderking coming back to NA/EU

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 131

Quote Originally Posted by iAddison View Post
    Yo Whitey, http://www.clubwk.com/vbulletin-integration
    Can't link to the actual thread but go there, go to General Chat, and "THINGS NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR WK"
    THat's from over a month ago

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    If you think Wonderking has better sprites than Maple Story your opinion is pretty much invalid...
    If you think Maplestory was made before Wonderking, then your opinion is pretty much invalid. Seriously dude...Just know what you're talking about before you try to call someone out. It's not a knock-off of Maplestory.

Anyways, development has been put on hiatus again.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Quote Originally Posted by Swagmonster McSwaggy View Post
    If you think Maplestory was made before Wonderking, then your opinion is pretty much invalid. Seriously dude...Just know what you're talking about before you try to call someone out. It's not a knock-off of Maplestory.

Anyways, development has been put on hiatus again.

Retto was talking about the sprites not when it was made read the post properly next time.

@chaoscauser
    Really now...
    "At least LaTale attempts to be different than Maple. Wonderking didn't even try."
    " Wonderking is a worse version of it. Kinda gives a bootleg-vibe, it's sloppier, buggier, Chinese knockoff-ish."
    Both from Retto's post.
    I only quoted his subjective comment on my first post because it was completely unnecessary and kind of rude. Not sure how you deem someone's opinion irrelevant.
    Last edited by Swagmonster McSwaggy; 12-08-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 93

Quote Originally Posted by Swagmonster McSwaggy View Post
    @chaoscauser
    Really now...
    "At least LaTale attempts to be different than Maple. Wonderking didn't even try."
    " Wonderking is a worse version of it. Kinda gives a bootleg-vibe, it's sloppier, buggier, Chinese knockoff-ish."
    Both from Retto's post.
    I only quoted his subjective comment on my first post because it was completely unnecessary and kind of rude. Not sure how you deem someone's opinion irrelevant.
    Because the post was about sprites, not about the date it was published? Maybe that's your fault for not putting enough context in your post.

@darkness35
    There were no questions asked. Why are you starting off your comment with "Because"? I explained that the post had more content to it than I quoted. Your post serves no purpose at this point. Either way, Retto's post implied that Wonderking copied Maplestory, which is not true whatsoever and quite frankly impossible.
    Last edited by Swagmonster McSwaggy; 12-09-2014 at 02:14 AM.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 31

Never played Wonderking, it looks more fun than MS, but not as fun as La Tale. . I'll try it out I guess whenever it comes out.
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
    Come and stop by sometime, I stream mainly JRPGs, WRPGs, Shooters, Horror, MMOs, and MOBAs. Currently, the focus is on JRPGs with a mixed bag of everything else.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Quote Originally Posted by Cripstar View Post
    Never played Wonderking, it looks more fun than MS, but not as fun as La Tale. . I'll try it out I guess whenever it comes out.
    IF it comes out.This is supposedly "being made" by some small group who has never made a game before and is attempting to bring back a massive online game. They have shown nothing concrete that they are even developing it and currently it just seems like a big troll. All they have shown is a couple of screenshots of a level 1 character that could of been taken years ago. This month they put up a picture of a crying santa saying development is on hold. If you go on the inumedia facebook page you see a post saying "Neat. I have likes now." Seems like a ploy for getting likes as it is linked from the wonderking-us page. They don't even have a website for the game they have a company site that is just a landing page and they have a patreon. Maybe they are just trying for money and likes? I won't be surprised if they try a patreon funding for wonderking to scam the massive wonderking community.

I may be wrong but I am not holding my breath on it coming back

For me it was better than LaTale but not maple

@chaoscauser
    You really think so? It's a shame. I got so hyped up that I never really realized the pieces didn't fit together. Wonderking was by far one of my favorite games. I just hope one day WK will return to us. The G.O.A.T of 2D sidescrollers in my opinion.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 142

For me WonderKing is basically an improved MapleStory gameplay-wise. Though MapleStory far excels it in terms of content and exploration.

LaTale is trying to be different, it solves the hacking issues by doing all movements server-sided. It makes it feels much slower and unreactive but in exchange you have no "vacuum hackers" because that's simply not possible. I wouldn't necessarily say it's better or worse than MS, just that it's different and an alternative.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast