Albion Online upcoming crafting building pvp mmo

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 19

Lightbulb Albion Online upcoming crafting building pvp mmo

Albion online started to gain momentum on the 24/3 with the alpha test starting,

The game is similar in style to say runescape or ultima online and will be f2p on release.

What is Albion Online?

Albion Online is a free-to-play medieval sandbox MMO.

It is also the first true cross-platform MMO, running on different systems such as Windows, Mac, iOS and Android at the same time and in the same stunning world!

Albion Online: Cross-platform functionality
    Key Features
    Player-driven economy

All items AND buildings are player crafted.
    Build your own villages and towns.
    Rent out land or industrial buildings to other guilds.

PvP & Full Loot

One of the first games to combine PvP, player-driven-economy and full loot in a free-to-play game.
    Death is meaningful as you can lose your whole inventory in a heartbeat.

Free-to-play

We, the developer, will not sell items to players. We act only as a central bank in exchanging currencies. Items and resources can only be bought from other players.
    Every player can realistically acquire every in-game item and every premium service without paying real money.

Unique character customization

There are no character classes in Albion Online. Your class is determined by what you are wearing!
    You can combine every item in the game. There are no boundaries as to what you can make
    Want to be a mage/knight hybrid with magical cloth armor wielding a sword and shield? In Albion Online, you can!

Cross platform & one massive world

Every player in Albion Online plays on one master server, in one huge game world
    Sitting in a café, playing on your tablet? You’re in the same world as your friend at home on their PC!

Territory control system

Our core gameplay involves conquering territories.
    Conquering and holding territories has many advantages:
    … Access to resources and areas in which to build your village.
    … Protection from the dangers of the wild and the demons of the void.

Other features
    Transportation as part of the player-driven economy

Realistic inventory weight management system: it’s not possible to run around with 100kg of stones on your back, IRL or in Albion Online.
    No teleports. Merchant roads are the main system of travel through the world.
    Bringing resources from one place to another can be an industry of its own.

Simple but strategic game mechanics

We offer a simple but intense Rock, paper, scissors combat system.
    You’ll find some opponents easy kills. Others pose an extreme threat based on how you both built and equipped your characters.
    Linear progression; even a high-end player will have their problems against 10 beginners.
    You territory is a strategic component in every fight.

No zerging

Special mechanics are in place to avoid zerging.
    Your territory can not be conquered by a 200-player zerg.

No level grinding

There are no levels that define your power in Albion Online.
    Your power comes from what you’re wearing, what you’re carrying, what you’ve crafted.

Complex spell and item system

Your spells are crafted onto your weapons and armor, so what you wear is what you are!
    Each item has several hundred different combinations.

Night & day

Not just a graphical gimmick; at night, demons spawn and you’ll have to defend your village against them!

Come visit us at http://albiononline.com and show your support and sign up at a chance for an alpha key in the near future.

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
    Take the quiz!

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

I don't plan to play it due to the whole bit with forced pvp and full looting.

The right man, in the wrong place... can make all the difference in the world.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next · Saving For: An Epic Computer

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 31

The concepts sound interesting. We'll see how it pans out. Any information on a beta or release?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    I don't plan to play it due to the whole bit with forced pvp and full looting.
    i kinda like the idea of having to hire bodyguards if you want to travel to new towns to peddle your wares.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Switching between weapons and tools sucks. (killed a wolf, opened Inventory, equipped knife, looted / skinned the damn wolf, switched back). Switch any piece of gear will reset all skills' cooldowns. (reset to max cooldown, not to 0 second.) Killed a wolf, can't heal if you switch to knife. A mob or a player can easily kill you, injured from the wolf. Not switching to knife -> someone else skinned the wolf you just killed. VERY ANNOYING.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 19

No idea when open beta will be but im hoping to get into alpha i like the concept,

but like ASNZern said it needs refining.

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
    Take the quiz!

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

I've been following this game on Facebook for a long time now, I really hope it turns out to be good gameplay.

Currently Playing: Achaea

42 Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    Switching between weapons and tools sucks. (killed a wolf, opened Inventory, equipped knife, looted / skinned the damn wolf, switched back). Switch any piece of gear will reset all skills' cooldowns. (reset to max cooldown, not to 0 second.) Killed a wolf, can't heal if you switch to knife. A mob or a player can easily kill you, injured from the wolf. Not switching to knife -> someone else skinned the wolf you just killed. VERY ANNOYING.
    I agree with you on it being highly annoying, what I've been doing is killing 3-5 at a time, then switching and skinning all of them. I've yet to have another player skin what I killed but I'd be real frustrated. Hopefully that is something they work on, another odd thing about skinning is all other resources automatically switch to the tool needed upon click, skinning however doesn't. I wonder if it is a bug?

Overall I'm enjoying myself so far, it works great on my desktop, Macbook and my cell phone depending on what task I want to achieve.
    Currently Playing: Mabinogi
    Let me know if you wanna play too!

Sonic’s Milkshake Reputation: 13

so how do i play?