Your thoughts on Diablo 3's future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Default Your thoughts on Diablo 3's future

Diablo 2 had a slow start and thanks to the expansion(s) it became a breakthrough game. Diablo 3 currently has nothing to really/truly play for. The new RoS expansion DID bring a new class and game-changing features. However, still there is no pvp, just grinding the same acts over and over.

I just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on what you think the future of D3 is like. Maybe you heard rumors or know information regarding the direction D3 is heading? Maybe you are just a pure mmo/diablo/blizzard wiz and are pretty certain you know the game will end up being dead/breakthough?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    Diablo 2 had a slow start and thanks to the expansion(s) it became a breakthrough game. Diablo 3 currently has nothing to really/truly play for. The new RoS expansion DID bring a new class and game-changing features. However, still there is no pvp, just grinding the same acts over and over.

I just wanted to know your guys' thoughts on what you think the future of D3 is like. Maybe you heard rumors or know information regarding the direction D3 is heading? Maybe you are just a pure mmo/diablo/blizzard wiz and are pretty certain you know the game will end up being dead/breakthough?
    There is PvP?
    Nek the brawler sends you to the arena.
    also with the arrival of RoS you can grind adventure mode/rifts now (woo less monotonous grinding)

there's a wolf in my heart

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    There is PvP?
    Nek the brawler sends you to the arena.
    also with the arrival of RoS you can grind adventure mode/rifts now (woo less monotonous grinding)
    ah yeah, im aware they have the brawls...but that's like meaningless duels with people. Doesn't fit my "personal" definition of pvp. But yes, you're right, it IS pvp haha

Warioís Bad Accent Reputation: 22

The game seems to be going in the right direction, not sure if it's really reached its destination yet, but it's certainly getting there. Legendary items are still mostly just stat sticks, they need to add more unique powers to the ones that have nothing going for them in a big way. There still needs to be some kind of inter-clan trade system so you can at least trade with friends now that everything is BoA. Classes still need balancing on higher torment levels since you get more and more pigeonholed into specific builds instead of being able to continue experimenting.

They hinted at some new features coming so that's always good, of course they hinted at PvP coming and that never did show up so we'll see how that turns out. Ladders are supposed to come back, they said there will be special ladder only goodies though, no idea if that will be gear or just cosmetic stuff but if they add special gear to ladder it's going to bother a lot of people (including me). The last thing I want is for them to add special gear to ladder again, I can't stand when different modes become mandatory because you can't get that special gear any other way.

Other than all that though the game is fine. It's certainly infinitely better than vanilla was and I don't regret purchasing it at all. I sound like I'm doing nothing but ragging on the game but it honestly is a great time, I just like to get all my grievances out of the way first.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by -JK- View Post
    ah yeah, im aware they have the brawls...but that's like meaningless duels with people. Doesn't fit my "personal" definition of pvp. But yes, you're right, it IS pvp haha
    It's great if you just want to beat the shit out of your friends for a couples hours lol, but from any kind of competitive stand point it is lack luster.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Ded gaem.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

PVP is still pvp regardless of if it is lacking don't say it doesn't have it because it does.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Still needs better loot and more skill customization. The 2.0 patch and the expansion are a great start but I think there's still 1 more planned expansion and the game might actually be great after that.
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 52

idk why people expect a single player game with optional multiplayer to have stuff like in-depth PvP and "endgame".

Currently playing: FFXIV (Elucifer Arclight, Brynhildr server), LoL (Zacewing, NA server), SMITE (Zacewing)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

Quote Originally Posted by yuniuninuniun View Post
    Still needs better loot and more skill customization. The 2.0 patch and the expansion are a great start but I think there's still 1 more planned expansion and the game might actually be great after that.
    more skill customization than there already is? lol
    maybe more runes would be nice, but there's already a lot of builds available, especially with these new build changing items that can drop.

there's a wolf in my heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast